Welcome Welcome to Richmond - pick 55 Steely Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree on the point about teams carrying minimal sub 180cm players. But in general our list isn’t substantially tall.
Greens actually not that short compared to alot of our playing group at 179cm.

Baker 173cm
Prestia 175cm
Bolton 176cm
Coulthard 176cm
Short 178cm
D.Rioli 179cm
M.Rioli 179cm
Green 179cm
Clarke 180cm
Mansell 180cm
Graham 181cm
Sonsie 181cm
Smith 181cm
Campbell 182cm
Cumberland 183cm
179cm for Mrj
Waistline?

I am liking what I am seeing from Steely Green. If your small and light you have to be a freak like Bolton or tough. Steely haas the skill but he looks tough which is a good sign. He looks like he even shows presence in the sense he does not fear the pressure. Signs are good in this sense. Apparently he kicked a few goals, some say it fell his way a little, but if you show presence in your positioning it helps the ball come your way. He looks a fairly quick thinking on the ground which is a great trait if he has this.

Positive signs so far, I am really encouraged with what I have seen from him!!:thumbsu::thumbsu: It is really hard when your small but he might make it!!

He didn't impress me in the back half of last year. He just wasn't involved enough in games at VFL level and just seemed to be content with being average.
His game on Sunday was good though. His two mistakes early were frustrating as he just disregarded everyone around him. That's where the negatives end though. Just seemed to always be involved in some fashion. Promising signs for sure.

He didn't impress me in the back half of last year. He just wasn't involved enough in games at VFL level and just seemed to be content with being average.
His game on Sunday was good though. His two mistakes early were frustrating as he just disregarded everyone around him. That's where the negatives end though. Just seemed to always be involved in some fashion. Promising signs for sure.
He was really poor for most of the VFL season. Started well this year though which is a nice surprise.

If you didn’t play in 2-3 flags for dimma he didn’t wanna know ya , his feedback would have been something like , if there’s 15 or more injuries , you MIGHT get a game , but I dont like your chances , this was an environment that had one debutant in a 3-7 start to the season , how do u reckon juniors felt , it’s a fresh start for our next gen

If you didn’t play in 2-3 flags for dimma he didn’t wanna know ya , his feedback would have been something like , if there’s 15 or more injuries , you MIGHT get a game , but I dont like your chances , this was an environment that had one debutant in a 3-7 start to the season , how do u reckon juniors felt , it’s a fresh start for our next gen
I mean, I know Dimma bashing is now fashionable but I don't think the evidence backs up the above.

He did play Cumberland, Sonsie, Maurice in the elimination final against Brisbane yet Edwards was the sub.

Reality is, Dimma always picked the team he thought could win - I don't think there was an agenda against youth. We don't have to agree with his team selections but not everything is a conspiracy / agenda.

I agree that the fresh start is exciting though.

I think last year injuries limited selection...Gibcus, Brown, Smith, Campbell, Sonsie (early) Tarrant, Soldo a few times. Bauer injured on debut.
Clarke, Coulthard, Cumbo got chances didn't take them

I mean, I know Dimma bashing is now fashionable but I don't think the evidence backs up the above.

He did play Cumberland, Sonsie, Maurice in the elimination final against Brisbane yet Edwards was the sub.

Reality is, Dimma always picked the team he thought could win - I don't think there was an agenda against youth. We don't have to agree with his team selections but not everything is a conspiracy / agenda.

I agree that the fresh start is exciting though.
But he refused to play them despite losing several games in a row last season , 23 is a new season , 22 selections irrelevant

One thing to remember about Steely is that his direct comparison on our list (Baker) didn’t even make the AFL till he was a fair bit older

The club will have to be patient with him most likely
Agree. Steely, Welcome to the official 'School of Bakes.'

I hope the RFC glue the two together. Follow him, train with him, eat with him, talk like him, shower with him, i dont care! This apprenticeship is crucial. :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back