Welcome Welcome to Richmond - pick 55 Steely Green

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s his first year
Don’t be silly
If players aren’t guns in the first year and under performs in the 2nd year and not playing 22 games in the srs they are busts and need to be delisted

Sonsie, Brown and Banks all gone at the end of this year straight to the scrap heap and if Gibcus doesn’t get on the field post bye and play like Alex Rance in 2017 he’s gone as well

I’ve said this before but I’m a massive Steely Green fan and illogically rate him higher than he should.

I don’t get the urgency to make a call, he’s improved in almost every game this season. His composure around the ground has improved as has is decision making.

His forward craft is better leading to more shots on goal. He could have kicked three each of the last three weeks. His composure in front of goal clearly needs to improve.

Not sure you can ask for more halfway through a season for a guy who hasn’t played much footy full stop and was draft at 55.

Why do you say that?
Cos he's been average and doesn't seem to have any standout attributes. But he's also being starved in a forward pocket for some odd reason so it's hard to get a proper handle on him. I'll wait till he gets a crack at his actual position as an inside midfielder before writing him off completely

Cos he's been average and doesn't seem to have any standout attributes. But he's also being starved in a forward pocket for some odd reason so it's hard to get a proper handle on him. I'll wait till he gets a crack at his actual position as an inside midfielder before writing him off completely
They might be giving him a chance to bulk up a bit before throwing him in the middle.

Personally I reckon he's shown a bit but he's still a long way off.

Last edited:
They might be giving him a chance go bulk up a bit before throwing him in the middle.

Personally I reckon he's shown a bit but he's still a long way off.

This would be right. He has done plenty of eye-catching things, moves well and has good reactions and ball handling. He stands 179cm so he will need to be good to make it, but he is going fine.

season 5 what an odd thing to say GIF
Steely has no problem reaching the Green but his putting needs work Grasshopper.

This kid just screams of Liam Bakers clone.
I even think Steely may just have a bit cleaner disposal then Bakes!

He’s a year or two away from the big time but this kid is 100% worth persisting with and just needs to get a taste of senior footy this year and keep developing next year.

I’m loving his versatility and composure. He’s an exciting talent and don’t let his his size fool you, he’s got a tonne of courage.

This kid just screams of Liam Bakers clone.
I even think Steely may just have a bit cleaner disposal then Bakes!

He’s a year or two away from the big time but this kid is 100% worth persisting with and just needs to get a taste of senior footy this year and keep developing next year.

I’m loving his versatility and composure. He’s an exciting talent and don’t let his his size fool you, he’s got a tonne of courage.
He's a long way off where Baker was in his first year unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a long way off where Baker was in his first year unfortunately.
Agree and probably two years to catch up if he ever will. He’s still at the one hot game to four cold one stage.
Need more consistency from him as this is why Baker rose to the top faster. Green’s best at the same age is probably better than Baker’s at the same age, but he has too many bad games. Baker was always a busy player ,but never outstanding and just did his job consistently.

What exactly do people think this guys best position is? I’m still not really sure

Utility. On face value he looks like a baker type player. Bakes strength is his ability to play in each third of the ground. Reckon he might be that type.

Have not seen anything to suggest that he has a future, I have watched all of his VFL games and have been very underwhelmed, we have other VFL listed players who have better skills and other attributes which could convert to the big stage. Maybe a call that needs to be made by our new coach?

Have not seen anything to suggest that he has a future, I have watched all of his VFL games and have been very underwhelmed, we have other VFL listed players who have better skills and other attributes which could convert to the big stage. Maybe a call that needs to be made by our new coach?
But do they have the cool name?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back