Welcome to Richmond Troy Chaplin (Port decides not to pursue offer)

Remove this Banner Ad

Love it how port fans act like he's a complete spud.. and then there's those port fans that rate him highly..

Who to believe?
Who rates him highly?
He has all the tools to be a good player, size, experience etc. and has played good games, but interspersed with this he continually makes rookie errors that kill a teams momentum. For every good thing he does, he will ruin the next minute by coughing up the ball, going to ground etc. He could be good, he could be shit, but if he was going to iron out those errors, you'd think he would have after 140 games.

Welcome to the Tiges! This means it will free up Griffiths to play the swing man and we can take our time developing Elton.

Congrats on getting your man guys. If you guys actually read what port said was that they were worried about his knee down the track and were not willing to match the 4 year deal offered by richmond. So I think that the reason it took so long was that port were trying to create an acceptable offer which was only 2 years according to the reports and Chaplin was not willing to accept that. A risk that could pull off or it may not only time will tell.

As for the bagging he gets on the Port board a lot is due to his past few years where he has seemingly gone backwards. Almost like he lost all confidence in his ability with his clangers and complete lack of physical pressure. In 07 he was looking to be a possible future AA CHB but then back in 08 or 09 he got suspended for a big bump on Rich and ever since then he basically stayed away from making contact to anyone which for a 195cm 100kg player is just not acceptable. That being said if Hardwick can get him to pull his finger out and start using his size again and you keep the ball out of his hands then he will most definitely improve your backline.

Who rates him highly?
He has all the tools to be a good player, size, experience etc. and has played good games, but interspersed with this he continually makes rookie errors that kill a teams momentum. For every good thing he does, he will ruin the next minute by coughing up the ball, going to ground etc. He could be good, he could be shit, but if he was going to iron out those errors, you'd think he would have after 140 games.
Well you don't have to stress anymore Mr39. You can worry about your own!

Welcome Troy get out there and help make our back 6 a force!

373078_132731856748361_1770119125_n.jpg

glad he is here fills a need and frees up rance and grimes, it's funny not sure how port supporters would know the difference between a spud and a good player considering 95% of their list is crap.

I bet he is so incredibly happy to be rid of that joke of an excuse of a club. At least you have a minor D grade celebrity President who will fly in and out from Sydney when you need him, and that coach you signed up, well what a coup, he is a dead set gun...

Is it just me or do other people get the feeling Port is run by a bunch of amateurs?
The contrast to Adelaide is pretty stark. Don't like to kick a team while it's down, but geez, having a whinge in the press release about how they tried to sign him up earlier in the year but he wouldn't, and taking every last minute of the 72 hours then saying they don't want him because he's got "serious" knee problems... not the signs of a professional outfit.

The contrast to Adelaide is pretty stark. Don't like to kick a team while it's down, but geez, having a whinge in the press release about how they tried to sign him up earlier in the year but he wouldn't, and taking every last minute of the 72 hours then saying they don't want him because he's got "serious" knee problems... not the signs of a professional outfit.

Agreed. Adelaide are so many light years infront of them it's not funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet he is so incredibly happy to be rid of that joke of an excuse of a club. At least you have a minor D grade celebrity President who will fly in and out from Sydney when you need him, and that coach you signed up, well what a coup, he is a dead set gun...
Y U so angry...? :confused:

Im as happy as a pig in poop, or should i say as happy as a **** in Alberton. :thumbsu:
Not all that happy then? You really like having 9 kids following you around to the Centrelink office all with different Dads?? Each to their own I spose! All the best though! :thumbsu:

Congrats on getting your man guys. If you guys actually read what port said was that they were worried about his knee down the track and were not willing to match the 4 year deal offered by richmond. So I think that the reason it took so long was that port were trying to create an acceptable offer which was only 2 years according to the reports and Chaplin was not willing to accept that. A risk that could pull off or it may not only time will tell.

As for the bagging he gets on the Port board a lot is due to his past few years where he has seemingly gone backwards. Almost like he lost all confidence in his ability with his clangers and complete lack of physical pressure. In 07 he was looking to be a possible future AA CHB but then back in 08 or 09 he got suspended for a big bump on Rich and ever since then he basically stayed away from making contact to anyone which for a 195cm 100kg player is just not acceptable. That being said if Hardwick can get him to pull his finger out and start using his size again and you keep the ball out of his hands then he will most definitely improve your backline.

cant happen. once a free agent lodges a contract the incumbant club cant then try to get the player to accept a lesser contract so i would say that excuse for the dealy is not right. port are quite entitled to wait the 72 hours but that reason is rubbish. i also would think its an easy out for blaming his knee as to not matching his offer as if it was really bad then why offer him anything and why take so long. at the end of the day port used the allotted time and just didnt really want commit to the offer more likely bc of his playing performance. incidently its a 3 year offer with a clause for a 4th year. only 1 more year than you guys offered. im not being nasty just think this reason is off.

Who rates him highly?
Mate, we had a heap of them (rookie errors) a couple of years ago.
It's amazing how a defensive strategy combined with more pressure on the mids creates an easier life for the backline. Playing in a settled outfit, well coached and with confidence around him should make all the difference.
Because really, rookie errors/panic in the backline is all about confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back