Toast Welcome to the SUNS, Bailey Humphrey

Remove this Banner Ad

So awesome to know that we now have all our young guns locked away and the team is connected. Just need a good back half of the season and we are flying as a club.

I reckon given how well he is tracking and the offers he would've commanded at the end of next year this is a HUGE signing in terms of symbolism to the group (especially the younger players) and where we're at. It isn't a small one whatsoever.

So awesome to know that we now have all our young guns locked away and the team is connected. Just need a good back half of the season and we are flying as a club.

Just need to get rid of Dew.......

I know it’s only been like 4 weeks and only due to Touk going down, but I thought it would be 3-4 years before we were seeing this kid move out of the forward line and into the middle putting up performances like he has.

Considering the log jam we have of players competing for that midfield spot behind the big 3 - Davies, Flanders, Hollands, etc. - he has just come in and demanded it. Honestly didn’t see it coming. Great news.

🐻🐻🐻 disagrees ;)
“I knew Stuart would be my coach. I love him coaching me. He is a great coach. The boys love him, he is good at reassuring people where they are at with their spot. And the boys know he is our coach and we are extremely happy with that. He has a good relationship with the players, he tells the truth and is honest with feedback and that is why we are heading in the right direction.”

Just backs up what Stuey said last week - the boys are committing to him as coach of the club.
Here is another quote from the same article.
It came with Humphrey declaring emphatically that he wanted to prove that loyalty with a long-term deal, adamant the club’s future is with coach Stuart Dew.

Wow!!!!!!! Didnt see it coming, actually thought hed be leaving next year as I wasnt sure of the vibe I got from him in the 360 interview....

We are going to have the best midfield in the comp within 2 years. Can't wait to watch him develop.

I could watch that passage of play from last week of Noah to Humper to Rowell to Ainsworth a billion times.

sexual healing dash GIF by Minority Report

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoops. Left off the sarcasm emoji.

Dew might not be a great match day coach, and he can put some good players in a freezer and others in the teachers pet cap, but we have gone from huge even crippling issues with retention and overpaying to a group that seems willing to sacrifice a bit to stay together.

That is such a massive leap for the club. Massive.

Humper just the latest to do his bit.

This might be a big call but Humphrey may actually be the most excited I've been about a young player in the history of our club.

if I'm ranking top 5 I'm saying

1. Humphrey
2. Bennell
3. Rowell
4. Rankine
5. JOM

The reason I say Humphrey over the others is that Rankine and Bennell had freakish ability. Could pluck a goal from nowhere and had silky skills.

Rowell and JOM had the best first games/season of any of our crop of draftees in our history (IMO)

But Humphrey genuinely gives me Petracca/Dusty/Dangerfield vibes.

The sort of Mid/Fwd who has the size and explosiveness and ball winning capability to absolutely bust a game apart from the centre of the ground, and if things aren't going his way in the middle, can then roll forward and could out-muscle and out-mark small defenders or out-speed most talls.

Has 'best player in the competition at some point' qualities.

This might be a big call but Humphrey may actually be the most excited I've been about a young player in the history of our club.

if I'm ranking top 5 I'm saying

1. Humphrey
2. Bennell
3. Rowell
4. Rankine
5. JOM

The reason I say Humphrey over the others is that Rankine and Bennell had freakish ability. Could pluck a goal from nowhere and had silky skills.

Rowell and JOM had the best first games/season of any of our crop of draftees in our history (IMO)

But Humphrey genuinely gives me Petracca/Dusty/Dangerfield vibes.

The sort of Mid/Fwd who has the size and explosiveness and ball winning capability to absolutely bust a game apart from the centre of the ground, and if things aren't going his way in the middle, can then roll forward and could out-muscle and out-mark small defenders or out-speed most talls.

Has 'best player in the competition at some point' qualities.

Definitely agree to a point but Noah Anderson has another gear to go to as well. Absolutely outrageous midfield we have built and it's nice that now it isn't just potential/talent. They are all performing already but can get even better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back