Toast Welcome to the Suns, Joel Jeffery

Remove this Banner Ad

Mt Isa Mustang

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Spoke quite well.

All these ‘draft watchers’ calling him a half back never watched any Ntfl. I think he’s played 90% forward to date.

Be interesting to see where we play him.

GC2015

Club Legend
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Video below details football contributions from Joel's father (Russell Jeffrey) during a lengthy career which included stints with Geelong, St Kilda and the Brisbane Bears. The Bears were still based at Carrara when Russell played for them in 1992 which means there is a loose football connection to the Gold Coast. Everything I've read about Russell suggests he was a very hard footballer with a ton of talent so here's hoping his son can become a superstar for us!

Islanda22

All Australian
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Spoke quite well.

All these ‘draft watchers’ calling him a half back never watched any Ntfl. I think he’s played 90% forward to date.

Be interesting to see where we play him.
Due to his height (192cm) he was played in the forward 50 in the NTFL. Has played down back for Allies which indicates where he will play at AFL level.
Has a great leap and has great hands, not to mention a great disposal by foot. Can see him getting a crack at AFL level in 2021.

Video below details football contributions from Joel's father (Russell Jeffrey) during a lengthy career which included stints with Geelong, St Kilda and the Brisbane Bears. The Bears were still based at Carrara when Russell played for them in 1992 which means there is a loose football connection to the Gold Coast. Everything I've read about Russell suggests he was a very hard footballer with a ton of talent so here's hoping his son can become a superstar for us!

RJ is a living legend up in Darwin. Very humble man who was tough as nails on the field.
Just google NTFL Rep games on youtube to see him in action Vs Melbourne, Collingwood, Geelong, Freo and Essendon back in the 90's.

Remove this Banner Ad