We're a s**t Show - Fagan is a Complete Fraud, We're Rotten to the Core

Remove this Banner Ad

Pyke is the least of our worries let he got a mention in the post.
yes their are issues off field but we made a GF last year with this board so it is not all doom and gloom.

so saying we are done is a clear over-reaction

I lost a piece of my heart in September of 2017, I'll never be the same, I just don't care as much anymore, I think that rings true for alot of fans.

The crow club in the board room is exactly what it has been.. jobs for the boys...

Burton, Smart, Roo... probably wanted more but obviously would be too obvious...

Start running it like a business and not a boys club... There are plenty of business people who are innovators or have really good ideas and can execute on strategy... they just dont get a look in because the old croneys and inherited old Adelaide money prevails with this mob.

When your Chairman of the board put his own stinking neck ahead of the best interests of the club what do you expect others will do. He set a precedent.

PYKE, Fagan, Burton, Roo, majority of the supporters etc are all cancers. This isn't a football club.

why do our threads need to have titles that are so over the top.

There are clearly issues, but the club is clearly not rotten to the core.
Well, not according to folk in here. They are rotten in every corner. From top to bottom. Inside and out. Aint NOTHIN' good about our Club. Nothin' (they'll tells ya).

2012 Clint Young
2013 Lance Franklin
2013 Xavier Ellis
2014 Kyle Cheney and Luke Lowden :)p)
2015 Matt Suckling
2016 Brad Hill
2016 Jordan Lewis
2016 Sam Mitchell

Add to that they let McGlynn and Kennedy walk for peanuts in 2009.

Pwhoar I'm sure Hawthorn are super upset they lost Clint Young and Xavier Ellis. They're also devastated they pushed out Lewis and Mitchell to get O'Meara and the other Mitchell. And Cheney and Lowden.... wow, massive losses

Pwhoar I'm sure Hawthorn are super upset they lost Clint Young and Xavier Ellis. They're also devastated they pushed out Lewis and Mitchell to get O'Meara and the other Mitchell. And Cheney and Lowden.... wow, massive losses
no wonder they bottomed out the next year!

Buddy is a more significant loss than anyone on our list. Even Dangerfield.

Firstly I will say that Buddy is the better player, BUT...............

Dangerfield's departure most probably cost us a premiership whereas Buddy had already helped to deliver success to Hawthorn when he left.

Personally I think Dangerfield's departure has hurt us more than Buddy's did at Hawthorn.

Firstly I will say that Buddy is the better player, BUT...............

Dangerfield's departure most probably cost us a premiership whereas Buddy had already helped to deliver success to Hawthorn when he left.

Personally I think Dangerfield's departure has hurt us more than Buddy's did at Hawthorn.

I miss Davis more than Danger. Especially considering our mini draft pick has been a bust. He'd also now be our captain.

Davis probably gets us into a GF in 2012 (I still get nightmares over Rioli outmarking Luke Thompson) and top 4 in 2016.

Our midfield was only average even with Danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SYDNEY
2009 - Buchanan/Hall/Jolly
2010 - Veszpremi (taken between Danger & Cyril)
2011 - Lewis Johnston (another 1st rounder)
2012 - Spangher
2013 - Mumford (along with Everitt/Lamb/Armstrong/White)
2014 - Malceski/Membrey
2015 - Jetta
2016 - Nankervis/Mitchell
2017 - Murray (pre-coke)

PIES
2011 - McCarthy
2012 - Wellingham
2013 - Shaw/Daisy
2014 - Beams
2015 - Seedsman
2016 - Williams/Witts
2017 - Keeffe

SYDNEY
2009 - Buchanan/Hall/Jolly
2010 - Veszpremi (taken between Danger & Cyril)
2011 - Lewis Johnston (another 1st rounder)
2012 - Spangher
2013 - Mumford (along with Everitt/Lamb/Armstrong/White)
2014 - Malceski/Membrey
2015 - Jetta
2016 - Nankervis/Mitchell
2017 - Murray (pre-coke)

PIES
2011 - McCarthy
2012 - Wellingham
2013 - Shaw/Daisy
2014 - Beams
2015 - Seedsman
2016 - Williams/Witts
2017 - Keeffe

That Sydney 2016 year should give us confidence! Jesus!

The crow club in the board room is exactly what it has been.. jobs for the boys...

Burton, Smart, Roo... probably wanted more but obviously would be too obvious...

Start running it like a business and not a boys club... There are plenty of business people who are innovators or have really good ideas and can execute on strategy... they just dont get a look in because the old croneys and inherited old Adelaide money prevails with this mob.

The club is filled with people that are more interested in their own self-preservation than trying to bring success to the club.

This is why you hear nothing but complete BS from the likes of Roo and Burton etc. They would rather cover up their own failings and incompetence rather than addressing them or stepping aside to let someone more capable solve the mess.

The title of this thread is juvenile, and frankly embarrassing to this board. We can do better guys. This is our footy club we are talking about here. Can't we tone it down a little? Cue the tough guys...
Couldn't agree more, there's some criticisms the club is definitely deserving of but it's been completely blown out of proportion by some.

The club is filled with people that are more interested in their own self-preservation than trying to bring success to the club.

This is why you hear nothing but complete BS from the likes of Roo and Burton etc. They would rather cover up their own failings and incompetence rather than addressing them or stepping aside to let someone more capable solve the mess.
Bit over-the-top. Filled?? Not just one or two??

Well, not according to folk in here. They are rotten in every corner. From top to bottom. Inside and out. Aint NOTHIN' good about our Club. Nothin' (they'll tells ya).

Not true, our talent identification and player development is league best, these guys know what they are doing.

Fitness/Re-hab department = fail
Marketing/PR department = fail
List management/football department = fail

If you think these areas are going well, fair enough, I think they stink.

Pwhoar I'm sure Hawthorn are super upset they lost Clint Young and Xavier Ellis. They're also devastated they pushed out Lewis and Mitchell to get O'Meara and the other Mitchell.

Which gets to the heart of the matter. Every club loses players. Even the best run clubs. What sets clubs apart is not retention, but good succession planning and wise trading.

And that's where I think we've let ourselves down as a club. Our succession planning has been reasonable (Davis for Bock, Talia for Davis, Jenkins for Tippett, Doedee for Lever) but we've been a bit more scattergun in our trading/free agent acquisition. Betts was a brilliant pick up, Gibbs has been reasonably good, Seedsman has been good value, and J-Pod did what was required, but Hampton, Cheney, Lowden, Menzel and Graham don't exactly compare with Tom Mitchell or O'Meara.

And Cheney and Lowden.... wow, massive losses

You know how emojis work, right?

Apart from:-

-Our inability to retain players
-and coaches
-our failure to deliver the best football program
-the hamstring epidemic
-the CM debacle
-our poor handling of the media
-and the refusal to acknowledge any/all of the above failings to members

everything's peachy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back