AFLW West Coast Womens Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Total game changer, didn't think they'd all start nominating nationally so soon. Our second pick might be worse, third will still be Cleaver (if we get three picks before Freo), but our first will be better.

I'd want Kristie-Lee Weston-Turner, tall and fast, forward and mid, bit like Roberts. The Dogs could take her, but they've got quite a few fast talls who are similar, they desperately need some midfield help for Blackburn, so they might take Pisano or Barwick instead. Weston-Turner and Cleaver in one draft would change our forward line completely.

Total game changer, didn't think they'd all start nominating nationally so soon. Our second pick might be worse, third will still be Cleaver (if we get three picks before Freo), but our first will be better.

I'd want Kristie-Lee Weston-Turner, tall and fast, forward and mid, bit like Roberts. The Dogs could take her, but they've got quite a few fast talls who are similar, they desperately need some midfield help for Blackburn, so they might take Pisano or Barwick instead. Weston-Turner and Cleaver in one draft would change our forward line completely.
Weston Turner has SO much upside, she's an excitement machine.

Weston Turner has SO much upside, she's an excitement machine.
Problem is, she's such an obvious first pick, Dogs will probably take her -- heard a rumour they'll be losing Gabby Newton, so they'll need another forward.

Also, we'll definitely be getting Cleaver (nominated for the WA draft), which already gives us a forward... and we've probably lost Rowley next season, leaving us a midfielder short. So maybe we'll take Barwick first, and then just take the best athlete with the second pick. Our midfield's been ordinary lately, another elite ball user might be the way.

We'll do okay the next few years, but the move to a national draft just when the wave of local WA talent is about to arrive, is still the worst outcome. Draft after draft we got starved of talent, fell behind the rest of the comp, and now just when we're about to start getting MORE than everyone else, most of them head East.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many clubs are in contention to pick up Jess Hosking after her shock delisting from the Tiges.

Won't be much fun in 2025 when the top ten West Australians all disappear in the first two rounds.
Up to is us as a state (note, state, not club) to entice them back I reckon.

We want a national comp, here it is.

And I’m all for it.

I haven't read the article but I thought Roxy hated West Coast with a passion, so I don't like our chances..... I could be wrong ...... again lol

She could be a swap for McCarthy.

Three clubs including us wanting to get their Rox off. Adelaide the only other club named

Fremantle forward Roxy Roux is weighing up interest from opposition clubs in a bid to reinvigorate her career during the AFLW sign and trade period.
While Roux is still considering her options, it’s understood that the 22-year-old is open to a move after playing just five games this year. It’s believed that three clubs have expressed interest, including preliminary finalist Adelaide and cross-town rivals West Coast.

A walking highlights reel early on in her career with her incredible vertical leap and ability to hit the scoreboard, Roux was sent into defence this season. She had just one disposal in Fremantle’s loss to North Melbourne in round six after returning to the side following a shin injury early in the year.

Roux made an instant impact in her debut season, kicking four goals in her first three games after she was drafted by the Dockers with pick 12 in 2019. She received a Rising Star nomination and was named in the AFLPA 22under22 in the same year.

Roux has played 37 games for the Dockers, kicking 16 goals.

It’s set to be a busy off-season for Fremantle, with the Dockers hopeful of landing several experienced players via the trade period in a bid to climb back into finals contention.

Western Bulldogs number one pick Gabby Newton is Fremantle’s primary target but the Dockers are also chasing deals for Collingwood defender Ash Brazill and Eagles midfielder Aisling McCarthy.

As revealed by CODE Sports last month, West Coast was the favourite to land retired West Coast Fever netballer Verity Simmons despite interest from both clubs, with an Eagles contract set to be finalised in the coming weeks.

I haven't read the article but I thought Roxy hated West Coast with a passion, so I don't like our chances..... I could be wrong ...... again lol

She could be a swap for McCarthy.
Rather keep McCarthy to be honest.

We have enough players who look fantastic, and excite with their potential, but who get 4 possessions a game, and have zero impact.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back