Club Focus Western Bulldogs 2023

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Of this year’s OOC players, the only best 22 player I wouldn’t be convinced is staying is Bailey Williams. Libba bleeds red white and blue, McLean I reckon is loyal. Richards has become a very important player who I’d hate to lose, but he stuck with us when a lot of us thought he might have been trade bait and when I’m sure Collingwood would have asked the question.

Of this year’s OOC players, the only best 22 player I wouldn’t be convinced is staying is Bailey Williams. Libba bleeds red white and blue, McLean I reckon is loyal. Richards has become a very important player who I’d hate to lose, but he stuck with us when a lot of us thought he might have been trade bait and when I’m sure Collingwood would have asked the question.

I could see Libba going if someone comes knocking with a big final multi-year contract.

I could see Libba going if someone comes knocking with a big final multi-year contract.

I could potentially see that happening but it sounds like Libba is very loyal to us after sticking with him through his issues earlier in his career, giving him a second chance when he was part of the ratbag group that bullied Boyd alongside Stringer and Dahlhaus and then his history of knee injuries.

Probably 2 on big coin is what I am thinking. From somebody going for the cup.
Considering we are in the window him and his family are a cornerstone of the club and the club took care of him when he had his off-field issues I can't see him entertaining any offers which given his age and injury history won't be that high

Not worried about Libba in the slightest.
Bailey Williams as a FA is a concern

So just an intraclub so far but Libba is best on ground. Obviously he has a history of knee injuries but you'd guess that he probably has another two or three years in him since he isn't reliant on athleticism or mobility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm led to believe the Dogs are looking to continue with a bit of a list turn-over at the end of this season, and we're in the market for a few things:
Experienced winger and midfielder
Small defender
X-factor small forward

Thanks to Dunkley leaving, Melbourne re-negotiating Hunter's deal, JJ re-signing on a much smaller amount and a few retirements last season salary cap is in very good shape and we have picks to burn on going after targets, who tho? Time to speculate.

I'm led to believe the Dogs are looking to continue with a bit of a list turn-over at the end of this season, and we're in the market for a few things:
Experienced winger and midfielder
Small defender
X-factor small forward

Thanks to Dunkley leaving, Melbourne re-negotiating Hunter's deal, JJ re-signing on a much smaller amount and a few retirements last season salary cap is in very good shape and we have picks to burn on going after targets, who tho? Time to speculate.

Man I’d love it to be Ben McKay, a big tough unit to pair with the interceptor in Busslinger would set us up and Liam Jones isn’t getting any younger.

Hope Miles Bergman is gettable. We liked him a lot at the draft, went one pick ahead of Weightman.

He’s late 20s now, but Lowson from the VFL would be an astute mid season get.

Man I’d love it to be Ben McKay, a big tough unit to pair with the interceptor in Busslinger would set us up and Liam Jones isn’t getting any younger.

Hope Miles Bergman is gettable. We liked him a lot at the draft, went one pick ahead of Weightman.

He’s late 20s now, but Lowson from the VFL would be an astute mid season get.
McKay is far to injury prone for what he will cost

Couldnt find a Tim English thread.

Any interest in exploring a pre free agency trade? Obviously the player would be interested.

The benefit being the return this year would be better than the compo next.

Freo doesn't really need him and he won't be contending for a flag at West Coast for half a decade if not longer. He could go, but not the certainty that WA folks think it is.

Any interest in exploring a pre free agency trade? Obviously the player would be interested.

He’s restricted, so the Dogs can simply match any free agency bid. There’s no reason to trade him one year earlier (if at all) when the Dogs are balls deep in their window

Because there wouldnt be any trade unless the player was actually interested in moving.

Unless you are Collingwood ruthless.

Given your response here, I suspect you left out “need to” from the original statement.

Otherwise, it’s absolutely not obvious that the player would be interested.

I don't think that's the right move for either team.

English would spend his prime years in a developing side and would be in the twilight of his career by the time the Eagles were ready to challenge.

The dogs would go from a list that should be challenging for a premiership to needing to find a quality ruckman and would fall back to the pack.

I think West coast would be better targeting younger players like Van Rooyan or McDonald if they want to trade players in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back