Western Bulldogs and their partnership with Ballarat a success

Remove this Banner Ad

From a supporters perspective, though the location is about 1 hour from our base the availability of space and cost makes our venture to Ballarat analogous to selling a game interstate.

Hawthorn for example sell their games to Launceston and have been extremely successful is doing so.

When looking at $75 for a seat at Ballarat, isn't that a lot cheaper than travel to and a seat in Launceston?

Next season we still have a game in Cairns. Travel to and a seat would be a lot more than the $75 seat in Ballarat.

Personally I would prefer 11 games at Etihad, but we must grow stronger financially to continue to challenge.

Due to local coaching commitments i cannot make this years game. In the future however I intend to makea weekend out of it

I will have 4 seats at the Ballarat game but am unable to go so what do you guys suggest?

Do I put them up for bids here and see how nice peope can be to me or just pick random people and give it to them?

I'm ip for suggestions so go ....

I will have 4 seats at the Ballarat game but am unable to go so what do you guys suggest?

Do I put them up for bids here and see how nice peope can be to me or just pick random people and give it to them?

Did you pay for them yourself? I wouldn't be selling them for anymore than face value if you were to go down that path.

Did you pay for them yourself? I wouldn't be selling them for anymore than face value if you were to go down that path.
It's not actually illegal to spruik/scalp them for more than their face value, if that's what he chooses to do. Only the Grand Final is protected by law as a 'protected event'.

They come with my membership package and I'm not interested in selling them.

I was joking in a way seeing what people would offer for them apart from money

Last edited:
They come with my membership package and I'm not interested in selling them.

I was joking in a way seeing what people would offer for them??
The AFL should start setting up a stub-hub system here for matches with very limited availability. Ticketmaster re-sell have attempted to do something similar but people just buy match tickets and inflate prices ridiculously. I'm fine to see tickets being sold more than face value if they're accurately pricing their value.

Just give them to me cos I'm a good bloke.

Would like to go to the Ballarat game, but doubt my membership gets me access. Anyone know when these tickets will go on sale or what membership package they come with?

Cheers for posting Roogal. Good to see some North fans who have maintained an interest despite the Roos moving to Tassie. No idea what happened to Rooblu, he used to post these sorts of updates as well.
I know what happened with rooblu, he was effectively accused of being a troll by the fellow North supporters and they literally bullied him off the forum. The same group then turned their sights on me because (As a North Ballarat Roosters supporter) I had an interest in the project and they then started railing on me. I didn't walk away from the Bigfooty Forum but I made it clear to all of the North supporters on their board that I would ring the club and cancel my 2017 membership in protest and make it very clear to the club that until they started an active program against bullying that I wouldn't renew my membership in the future. So the NM supporters on Bigfooty haven't gotten rid of me off the forum, but they've effectively damaged their own club.

Back on the subject of Eureka Stadium:
The contract for the supply of 5026 seats for the project was awarded to Camatic Seating yesterday.

Also a David Brehaut from the Ballarat Courier tweeted this photo of the Western Stand four days ago with about 60% of its shell assembled:

C3o-hmhVcAA-XI3.jpg:large

It's not actually illegal to spruik/scalp them for more than their face value, if that's what he chooses to do. Only the Grand Final is protected by law as a 'protected event'.
Or you could stream the game from Foxtel on Facebook ;) For the sake of copping a $5000 fine you could easily set up a crowd funding on Facebook to pay your fine ... Just a thought :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know what happened with rooblu, he was effectively accused of being a troll by the fellow North supporters and they literally bullied him off the forum. The same group then turned their sights on me because (As a North Ballarat Roosters supporter) I had an interest in the project and they then started railing on me. I didn't walk away from the Bigfooty Forum but I made it clear to all of the North supporters on their board that I would ring the club and cancel my 2017 membership in protest and make it very clear to the club that until they started an active program against bullying that I wouldn't renew my membership in the future. So the NM supporters on Bigfooty haven't gotten rid of me off the forum, but they've effectively damaged their own club.

Back on the subject of Eureka Stadium:
The contract for the supply of 5026 seats for the project was awarded to Camatic Seating yesterday.

Also a David Brehaut from the Ballarat Courier tweeted this photo of the Western Stand four days ago with about 60% of its shell assembled:

C3o-hmhVcAA-XI3.jpg:large
That's really disappointing, I had some good chats with him and he had plenty of knowledge about the project and area in general. I did notice some bickering involving you on the board I believe regarding women on the board? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Appreciate the update and I'm sure I speak in behalf of the rest of the board that you're more than welcome to continue posting updates on here, feel free to even buy a Dogs membership in place of North Melbourne :p

Thanks Roogal - we appreciate your interest and updates. :thumbsu: Would be good to see RooBlu drop in as well if he wishes. He was a great contributor on this thread and others on here as well. You are both very welcome on the Bulldogs board.

That's really disappointing, I had some good chats with him and he had plenty of knowledge about the project and area in general. I did notice some bickering involving you on the board I believe regarding women on the board? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Appreciate the update and I'm sure I speak in behalf of the rest of the board that you're more than welcome to continue posting updates on here, feel free to even buy a Dogs membership in place of North Melbourne :p
You're not wrong, but that's all past history now.

Eureka Stadium Update. For those who aren't aware, the North Ballarat Roosters are experiencing a number of issues which in a nutshell come back to their Board. In the last 12 months they have lost some very talented people and attempts within Ballarat to rebuilt the Board with some very high profile and successful local business leaders and to rebrand the club by aligning it to a major local construction company as their major sponsor have been white-anted by the remaining Board members. There are a lot of people committed to keeping the Club going and rebuilding it as a competitive force in the VFL, but there are a lot of issues to be addressed. The Ballarat media are being less than polite about all of this and last Friday the exasperated Ballarat City Council moved in to compulsorily acquire the remainder of all of the Club's facilities adjoining Eureka Stadium. The Council have emphasised that they are not taking over the Club (as it will continue to operate as a private business) but are ensuring that the whole facility will be available for future AFL and public use. The North Ballarat Football, Netball and Cricket Clubs will effectively become 'tenants'.

Interestingly, the City Council have made it clear that if the North Ballarat Roosters go over in the VFL, then the City Council have opened the door to the possibility of another entity taking full control of the Eureka Stadium and fielding a new Ballarat representative VFL Team. This means in unveiled talk, "We will open negotiations with the BFL to relocate their HQ from the City Oval to Eureka Oval and we want to see the combined Ballarat Football League feeding their best players in a Combined Ballarat VFL team". There's never been much love for the Roosters in Ballarat, but the remaining Board members at the North Ballarat Roosters only have themselves to blame.

The images below are from last Thursday. We can see the ground coming back to green after the builders accidently cut a main feeder water line into the irrigation system back in September. This is why the ground was drying out before Christmas. The pipe was finally fixed in mid December.

You can see the Western Stand now with seven of its 12 'tread' bays laid and the two new bays being assembled below (Just click on the images to see them at full size):

16586908_1293262957428830_7016307433852743760_o.jpg

The Northern Stand (Social Club) has the roofline coming together and concrete is yet to be laid and poured above the new players races and seats. The Eastern Stand to the right is designed to have the back concrete slabs removed and a steel frame erected immediately behind it to extend it by a further 14 rows which would add a further 2000 seats in the future if the ground ever requires expansion:

16700340_1293262930762166_5808460422109712159_o.jpg

16729347_1293262974095495_7932994118721313695_n.jpg

The only thing that worries me is the hill where GA will be, they'd want to wish for a dry spell the week before otherwise it's gonna be muddy af. No picnic blankets or anything required if thats the case.

The only thing that worries me is the hill where GA will be, they'd want to wish for a dry spell the week before otherwise it's gonna be muddy af. No picnic blankets or anything required if thats the case.
Well we're playing Port Adelaide there, just shoot them an email and ask if they can bring their tarps with them.

Dry spell or not, August in Ballarat is freezing, with occasional snowfalls. Hope any out-of-towners rug up!!! I'll be wearing my usual for that time of year - Bulldogs mankini and thongs, but as a concession to the weather, it will be the leather mankini.

Dry spell or not, August in Ballarat is freezing, with occasional snowfalls. Hope any out-of-towners rug up!!! I'll be wearing my usual for that time of year - Bulldogs mankini and thongs, but as a concession to the weather, it will be the leather mankini.
Yeah I know it gets cold, but cold and wet is just miserable. Hopefully it's just cold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back