Preview Western Bulldogs vs Sydney Swans - Grand Final. Saturday, October 1st 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck tomorrow Doggies. It's been a long drought for your team. If anyone deserves it this year it's you guys. You endured a wretched run with injuries but kept going well done. I hope you take the ultimate prise.:)

Has anyone else been obsessively, and I mean OBSESSIVELY checking to make sure they have not lost their tickets. F**k, I'm losing the plot. Get me in those gates and give me a goddam Midstrength

This is legitimately the exact reason that I left my cousin to hold on to our tickets.

Anyone else been busy mentally preparing for a loss?
Yes and no. Sydney have been a very good side for many years so it's obviously a strong possibility, but hopefully we'll be "on" tomorrow :)

theres nothing worse in afl than a gf loss, the 2012 one i couldn't watch for more than a year without feeling sick
Good thing for us we won't lose!

Anyone else been busy mentally preparing for a loss?

Been watching a video in my head of the Swans players celebrating as the song plays.

That's just insurance because I don't really believe we'll lose. If we were hot favourites and playing Gold Coast or Richmond or Universiy Id be more anxious.

We're the underdogs and most people think we did great just to get there so we'll smash them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just here to wish you, the fans, all the very best tomorrow.

Your team has put in the most astonishing finals run I can ever recall seeing.

It's easy as an outsider to get swept up in the romance, the underdog story - I'm certainly not the only non-Doggies fan that was jumping and screaming as the siren drew ever close in your preliminary final last week.

But having said that, I think it's important that you remember that despite all the back slapping and well wishes from people like me, the four week Bulldog fan, that this is irrevocably, and deeply, yours.

I cannot think of a fanbase that so richly deserves to see your club run out on that one day. It's been 55 long years, many of them not so great. Starved of success, often barely able to gather the funds to so much as field a team. A victim of the strong arming of bigger clubs, and a sometimes hostile governing body with the threat of mergers, or even extinction.

And yet you are still HERE.

As an Essendon fan, I spent my first 21 years watching us make seven Grand Finals. And so perhaps, I took it for granted - if not this year, it'll be next year. Fifteen empty years have taught me some humility in this regard I think. So I know that you, the Bulldog fans, will not take this for granted.

Whether you are going to the game, watching from home, a mates place, or a pub - may you soak up each and every minute, for it will stay with you forever.

Up the ******* Doggies.

Buddy rarely handballs. Don't take his dummies. Step with him and tackle. I promise it will ruin his day..

Note sure how to take all this support from other teams considering I hate every AFL team that isn't the doggies :$
Take it gracefully and with class. A good mate of mine passed away last year and while he was a Crows fan his 1st love was the WB. I'm sure he'll be looking down from above and cheering them on tomorrow.

Thanks. I'll never forget the saints fan that turned up at our 1989 'Save the Dogs' rally - respect (oh, 'cept for nick diving in that prelim )

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
*fans* ?

Really starting to sink in for me now. Will be watching from home in Qld so I'm massively jealous of all of you who will be at the game.

Not a religious man but I'm praying for a dogs win. Would be so special for all of us and much deserved. Means so much to so many.

Calm before the storm. I know our boys will do us all proud.

Forgive my intrusion, I come in peace.

What do you think Easton Woods role will be tommorow? Are we expecting Roberts/ Hamling and Morris to play on Sydney's key forwards tommorow with Easton playing as the third man up??

I don't know why but I'm just expecting this huge effort from Wood tommorow as captain... Has he been used as a rebounding flanker this year or more so as a lockdown defender.

What is his traditional job usually against the swans?

I'm really hoping the Doggies can pull off the fairytale for all you guys, good luck.

What do you think Easton Woods role will be tommorow? Are we expecting Roberts/ Hamling and Morris to play on Sydney's key forwards tommorow with Easton playing as the third man up??

I don't know why but I'm just expecting this huge effort from Wood tommorow as captain... Has he been used as a rebounding flanker this year or more so as a lockdown defender.

I'm really hoping the Doggies can pull off the fairytale for all you guys, good luck.

First sentence is how we have played most of the year, Wood only takes a key role if he has to out of need. Apart from that he's the general of the defensive setup & is the loose defender, he's not afraid to play off his man a bit because we play a team defence.

He has rebounding athleticism & skills but isn't a lockdown defender either

Traditional role is to intercept and will be allowed to do so and peel off. He's a genius at putting himself in the right spot and I doubt anyone has the marking ability in the comp that wood has.

He will either play on someone like Rohan or he will play on the resting ruck and peel off at every opportunity. Essentially he plays like a safety in the NFL. And obviously he will be the first cog in the chain to rebound across half back. Boyd, Morris and Wood will have a massive say on this game. They are a 3 man brick wall when firing. All very capable overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back