Preview Western Bulldogs vs Sydney Swans - Grand Final. Saturday, October 1st 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't bring myself to be positive. Just lack the confidence to do it. Franklin is giving me nightmares.
Then why post? I get we are all nervy but every week, you always have an issue and post as if we will lose. Not sure if its getting first so you can say you told us so if it happens or not but its odd.

There's no point in going all Danny from Droop st now. Believe. We're here. We're going to win. Get around them. We're footy fanatics, we're Bulldogs fanatics. Just barrack your heart out and ride every tackle, kick every goal. Live in the moment. Enjoy.

If you're going to the game tomorrow barrack your proverbial off.

Barrack for every player that has represented the club.

Barrack for all those who have supported the club through thick and thin.

Barrack for all those who went to the great beyond before they got a chance to see this.

Most of all barrack for yourself because you bleed red, white and blue and wh

We will win this game. Our spirit and momentum is just too strong for any other result to occur.

This is an advertisement that appeared on the back of the 1996 AFL Grand Final Record. I fully intend to act by it tomorrow, just not with the particular beverage mentioned ;)

1996-GRAND-FINAL-FOOTBALL-RECORD-NORTH-MELBOURNE-_57.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't bring myself to be positive. Just lack the confidence to do it. Franklin is giving me nightmares.

I've been trying to decide whether or not to #eco because the nerves have really got to me, and I just don't want that sick feeling if tommorow doesn't go our way. But I've decided I'd prefer to feel pain then nothing at all. I'm going to ride these nerves and cheer as loud as I can.

Last edited:
Tonight I'm reminded of a quote from a Sir Alex Ferguson post match interview in the treble season, I think it might have been after the FA Cup semi final replay. He was asked about the possibility of winning the treble and he said something along the lines of 'It could all blow up in our faces tomorrow, but you can never take away moments like that.'

I think that sums up my feelings right now, it's been such an incredible season and some lifelong memories have already been made. This may be interpreted as a bit of a defeatist attitude but that's just honestly how I'm feeling, relatively relaxed considering the situation. Of course United went on to achieve the ultimate glory after those comments, so why not us as well?

Be positive, passionate and PROUD that we have even come this far. 2016 Wasn't supposed to be our year, the footy gods had said no, but we said yes. I reckon there are 15+ other clubs that WISHED they played with as much heart as we do. I love this club. Cede Nullis.

Then why post? I get we are all nervy but every week, you always have an issue and post as if we will lose. Not sure if its getting first so you can say you told us so if it happens or not but its odd.
Because that's how I feel. There'll be others similar. There'll be others that are total opposites. And that's fine. We're all different. It's not an I told you so. I didn't think we'd win the last 3 weeks. I'm not making myself out to be some kind of football psychic.

But I'm allowed to share how I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back