Game Day Western Bulldogs vs. West Coast. Round 1, 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I've not been convinced by him really, but he had a very good game imo.

WC kicked incredibly straight - this felt more like a 5 goal win to me, but great that the boys really stood up when it was tight in the last quarter.
I've been sold on him since he got a best on ground medal as a 20 year old in 2013, just needs some consistency. :)

Dead Eye Dickson. Cannot explain how happy I am he was in the team.

Cracking effort, only disappointment for me was Big Red not carrying on his pre season form. Grants impact was solid, that poster was very unlucky

Dead Eye Dickson. Cannot explain how happy I am he was in the team.

Cracking effort, only disappointment for me was Big Red not carrying on his pre season form. Grants impact was solid, that poster was very unlucky
Big Red was close tonight, just didn't clunk them. Got his hands to plenty though.

Great game, I'm so glad we stuck it out for the full four quarters and avoided that typical one-quarter fade-out from last year.
Great determination from the boys, especially through the pressure and fatigue of the dying minutes.
We obviously still need a bit more work in front of goals and making sure those 'coast-to-coast' goals against us can't come so easily, but I'm very happy with tonight's effort, a massive improvement on last year. Not to mention quite an attractive style at times and lots of classy football from the younger players!
Hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the season. If we can maintain or improve on this level from week to week we'll be seeing a big climb up the ladder compared to last season.

Bonts coped with the tag, but the beauty is that leaves Dahl and Macrae off the chain. Seriously if Dahl improves his goalkicking he could be easily in the top 2-3 small forwards in the game.

Great game, I'm so glad we stuck it out for the full four quarters and avoided that typical one-quarter fade-out from last year.
Great determination from the boys, especially through the pressure and fatigue of the dying minutes.
We obviously still need a bit more work in front of goals and making sure those 'coast-to-coast' goals against us can't come so easily, but I'm very happy with tonight's effort, a massive improvement on last year. Not to mention quite an attractive style at times and lots of classy football from the younger players!
Hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the season. If we can maintain or improve on this level from week to week we'll be seeing a big climb up the ladder compared to last season.

Maybe not chasing bums all day - we had something left for the last quarter.

The end of every quarter we had the run (the last was understandable cause the Eagles early injury :(), but bloody hell I wish we could start games and quarters better!

I think we'll see some fluctuations this year, with a young group and this game style we'll likely lose quite a few to the better teams by big margins. But we'll also hopefully win a few more like tonight, and win a decent amount of games overall.

Bottom line, I'm rapt to be watching this group and game style. Bring on the tigers :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Bonti break the tag. Jong, Macrae, Boyd and Stringer where very good today and I like the attacking style.

I will say one thing though can Stringer please work on his set shots he should have kicked 5 or 6 today

How good is it that he could have easily kicked a lazy 5 though. Doesn't have the rhythmic consistency of Macrae but he can cut teams up with 4 or 5 outrageous things a game :)

How about that Jong and Honeychurch just kept going no matter how hard he was hit especially by Nic Nat so courageous and drew some nice high tackles haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back