Western Region FL - Divy 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Not true lets clarify the reasons, health and safety of the players,committee and the protocols that recently released on trainers ,volunteers will be hard to implement. The other factor is stress being put on everyone involved in club,particularly coaching and players that have been advised to not attend training by their employers ,anyway that's the decision taken by our football club watch the sheep follow and that's why we are number 1 for last 7 years always one step ahead

and...............the real reason....NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS. Clearances prior to COVID - Out 20. In 3.

and...............the real reason....NOT ENOUGH PLAYERS. Clearances prior to COVID - Out 20. In 3.
Too true. Never pays to pull your club out of competition, just a dumbass move. It’s not that easy to revive a club, particularly one struggling to field two teams. Could be our next West Newport - premiers to oblivion. Boo hoo.

Too true. Never pays to pull your club out of competition, just a dumbass move. It’s not that easy to revive a club, particularly one struggling to field two teams. Could be our next West Newport - premiers to oblivion. Boo hoo.

What happened there , when was this West Newport ?

You are a imbecile the league will make a announcement Tuesday there will be NO FOOTBALL this year especially now what has happened today , glenorden,hoppers,Werribee ,Yarraville have also told league intention not to play . Anyway how many players walked off the track this week at Braybrook

You are a imbecile the league will make a announcement Tuesday there will be NO FOOTBALL this year especially now what has happened today , glenorden,hoppers,Werribee ,Yarraville have also told league intention not to play . Anyway how many players walked off the track this week at Braybrook

it was a race to run to rob the bar so to pay rent to the commission

None fool

None fool
Don't engage. Braybrook are heading in the right direction.

Deer Park have achieved greatness unfortunately with arrogance.

Understand why they have pulled out this year and their last 2 premiership's have been great achievements though most have no respect for them.

Jerry winds people up don't take the bait.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't engage. Braybrook are heading in the right direction.

Deer Park have achieved greatness unfortunately with arrogance.

Understand why they have pulled out this year and their last 2 premiership's have been great achievements though most have no respect for them.

Jerry winds people up don't take the bait.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I must say his moniker is apt because he is certainly a dummy.

If that was the issue wouldn’t you be pulling out your juniors as well? 100s of juniors and parents running around is going to be far harder to handle.
Just be honest your players don’t want to play for nothing. You won’t have a team
The reason they have pulled out is because the players refuse to play for nothing, zero to do with OH & S. A bunch of their players are auctioning themselves off to EDFL clubs along with some Northern FL players. Brown paper bags full of $ a plenty in the EDFL. They're even contacting VAFA clubs, good luck with that. As the previous poster articulated, if it was safety, the entire club would pull the pin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now the inevitable has been announced a great opportunity for the WRFL and the clubs to begin planning at least for 2021.

2021 is no certainty as we do not know what restrictions will be in place for pre season from November, but salary caps can be set and clubs can start on working on the revenue side to budget for the season properly if it does go ahead fully. Sponsorship will be difficult but at least there is time now to plan.

To keep players active there is no reason training in some form cannot continue to provide some sort of an outlet for those who need it.

Now the inevitable has been announced a great opportunity for the WRFL and the clubs to begin planning at least for 2021.

2021 is no certainty as we do not know what restrictions will be in place for pre season from November, but salary caps can be set and clubs can start on working on the revenue side to budget for the season properly if it does go ahead fully. Sponsorship will be difficult but at least there is time now to plan.

To keep players active there is no reason training in some form cannot continue to provide some sort of an outlet for those who need it.

Agree, WRFL need to come out ASAP to advise salary caps for 2021 & 2022 so clubs can start planning and talking to players now and looking at sponsorship requirements

As usual DPFC the competition trendsetter
Even the WRFL board and management have followed their lead
All you outspoken critics apologise

I will give you the benefit of the doubt. (You can't be that silly.)

As I said earlier, the reason Deer Park pulled out was because they had NO PLAYERS. Prior to COVID19 Clearances out 20. In 4.

As usual DPFC the competition trendsetter
Even the WRFL board and management have followed their lead
All you outspoken critics apologise

Surely you jest?

The combination of list size and not being able to pay players is why they pulled the pin.

To suggest 'Covid-19 safety concerns' whilst plausible, is TOTALLY laughable. If they wanted that one to stick, they should have told their players, who refused to play for free, to keep their mouths shut.

The league, devoid of any real leadership and as puppet for DP, has followed suit.

Surely you jest?

The combination of list size and not being able to pay players is why they pulled the pin.

To suggest 'Covid-19 safety concerns' whilst plausible, is TOTALLY laughable. If they wanted that one to stick, they should have told their players, who refused to play for free, to keep their mouths shut.

The league, devoid of any real leadership and as puppet for DP, has followed suit.
Well well well tell me altona,s chockers,spotty,hoppers mercenaries would play for nothing 😂 As league said senior clubs conceded long term viability was in danger ,anyway great decision by our Eddie McGuire (matty Pratt ) leading the way if you like come join myself and some team mates that will be playing up in cairns cannot knock back 2k a game and some work throw in free drink cards at Gilligans,and party nights at the woolshed .
Ps We are still longest winning premiers in WRFL history 🤑🤑🤑🏆🏆🏆🏆💰💰💰💰

Well well well tell me altona,s chockers,spotty,hoppers mercenaries would play for nothing 😂 As league said senior clubs conceded long term viability was in danger ,anyway great decision by our Eddie McGuire (matty Pratt ) leading the way if you like come join myself and some team mates that will be playing up in cairns cannot knock back 2k a game and some work throw in free drink cards at Gilligans,and party nights at the woolshed .
PPS And most detested.

The 3 clubs you mention would have comfortably fielded 3 senior teams regardless of how many pulled out from their respective squads.

Absolute garbage! Won’t get anywhere near 2k a game in cairns this year be lucky to get $200.And gilligans and the woolshed yet to open and will not be anything like they were.And free drink cards after not earning anything for three or more months dillusional thinking and biggest load of crap I’ve read since Covid hit!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back