berisha

All Australian
Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Burnley, San Jose Sharks
Reviewing a game called Etherborn (a cool gravity-shifting puzzler).

Got access to a preview build of Daymare: 1998 (the fan-made RE2 game basically).

In terms of lesuire I have finally been able to put a couple hours into The Division 2, trying to finish Dishonored 2 as well as trying to get the platinum for Truberbrook.

edgie

Hall of Famer
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion

Waiting for Spiderman and AC Odyssey to hit the bargain bin...I don't pay $100 for games, f### that...I can wait. Plenty to catch up on anyway - I still have a PS2 and have every intention of finishing Gun, which I started in 2005...

Don't wait. Spider-Man is worth full price both as a game and a fresh take story on the Spider-Man universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vedder

Premium Gold
Jan 27, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Magpies
Started playing Metro Exodus yesterday, I had read mixed reviews, a few quite negative, so wasn't sure if it was going to be that good, i played the first 2 of the series and loved those

But its really good, really enjoying it, played it for about 6 hours yesterday, was hard to turn off

edgie

Hall of Famer
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Has anyone here played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games? Are they worth going back to as someone who has never played them but interested in the setting?

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Has anyone here played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games? Are they worth going back to as someone who has never played them but interested in the setting?
Great games. I haven't touched them in years so not sure how well they hold up though. After Metro recently and going on a Fallout binge I was considering going back through a Stalker game or two myself. They're pretty creepy at times which is something to consider if that's not your thing.

edgie

Hall of Famer
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Great games. I haven't touched them in years so not sure how well they hold up though. After Metro recently and going on a Fallout binge I was considering going back through a Stalker game or two myself. They're pretty creepy at times which is something to consider if that's not your thing.
How creepy? I remember the old AVP2 game having a few creepy moments, that level of creepy I can handle. As a whole though I don't intentionally play scary games.

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
How creepy? I remember the old AVP2 game having a few creepy moments, that level of creepy I can handle. As a whole though I don't intentionally play scary games.

There are some weird dudes that crawl and like to hang out in dark bunkers. There is also a bit of paranormal type horror. Just check some YouTube videos. I love horror films and themes in general but am a total wimp when it comes to games for some reason. I haven't played a Stalker game since they were new, about mid 2000s, but they are certainly right on my threshold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banana Bread

Hot Daddy
Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bucks
Made some purchases during the current Steam sale. My experiences have varied,

Far Cry New Dawn not bad, but short and too many recycled assets from FC5. Finished with it within a week. Glad I got it cheap. Was fun but a bit easy, story not so great.

Wreckfest, dumb fun but gets old quick. Feels like a chore now about half way through. There was a destruction derby game I played as a kid I remember way more fondly than this.

Project Cars 2, I have no idea how to set up cars might be a bit too technical for my taste. I really like the progression system of Gran Turismo games and that franchise will remain my go to for racing games.

Dark Souls Remastered loved the prepare to die version, will enjoy this no doubt when the time comes.

Devil May Cry 5... This was my entry into the series. I like that it gives a video you can watch to catch up on the story. I however don't enjoy the combat and probably won't play this.

Tossing up between a new X-COM2 WOTC campaign with new mods or giving Divinity Original Sin 2 another go.

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Made some purchases during the current Steam sale. My experiences have varied,

Far Cry New Dawn not bad, but short and too many recycled assets from FC5. Finished with it within a week. Glad I got it cheap. Was fun but a bit easy, story not so great.

Wreckfest, dumb fun but gets old quick. Feels like a chore now about half way through. There was a destruction derby game I played as a kid I remember way more fondly than this.

Project Cars 2, I have no idea how to set up cars might be a bit too technical for my taste. I really like the progression system of Gran Turismo games and that franchise will remain my go to for racing games.

Dark Souls Remastered loved the prepare to die version, will enjoy this no doubt when the time comes.

Devil May Cry 5... This was my entry into the series. I like that it gives a video you can watch to catch up on the story. I however don't enjoy the combat and probably won't play this.

Tossing up between a new X-COM2 WOTC campaign with new mods or giving Divinity Original Sin 2 another go.
I'm tossing up DMC 5 myself. I really liked the previous one. What don't you like about the combat? Or is it more just not your type of thing?

I've got Two Point Hospital and ATOM RPG sitting in my cart at the moment. I'll probably pull the trigger on them tonight.

Banana Bread

Hot Daddy
Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bucks
I'm tossing up DMC 5 myself. I really liked the previous one. What don't you like about the combat? Or is it more just not your type of thing?

I've got Two Point Hospital and ATOM RPG sitting in my cart at the moment. I'll probably pull the trigger on them tonight.
I only got through two areas so maybe its not the most informed opinion but it feels like its a whole lot of button mashing so far. I understand you will probably unlock moves and combos as you go along but it feels pretty clunky to me. I'm not feeling it at all.

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
I only got through two areas so maybe its not the most informed opinion but it feels like its a whole lot of button mashing so far. I understand you will probably unlock moves and combos as you go along but it feels pretty clunky to me. I'm not feeling it at all.
That's pretty much the game. It's a massive best em up. Normally they're just a pretty cool and twisted take on Dante's Inferno while beating up bad dudes. Not everyone's thing though!

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Yep first time
:eek::eek::eek:

Drop everything else and prepare to be taken on an amazing journey and genuine GOAT contender. Make sure you post your thoughts and adventures in the Witcher 3 thread so we can all ride the bumps with you.

Dannnnnnnnnn

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves, Renault F1, Footscray
Yeah, they messed up with the early combat - extremely clunky, I hated it. Now about six stages in and loving it though. Give it a bit more time and see.

dwwaino

Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
BVB, MVFC
Jumped on Two Point Hospital last night after picking it up in the Steam sale. Theme Hospital is still one of my favourite games to date and I knew Two Point Hospital was by some of the same dudes but what I didn't realise was how faithful it was to Theme Hospital. Even right down to the PA audio. Going to have a lot of fun with this one!

Top Bottom