What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

I always prefer listening to the English version of Kraftwerk's songs. Their English delivery is so robotic that I think it actually enhances the song.

And this from a band that would have been influenced by them, even if indirectly:

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark were modestly popular here once, but they've been overshadowed by a number of their peers (Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, ABC).

A catchy beat on this one, leading to some heavenly harmonies when the chorus comes.

I've just started 6 weeks Long Service Leave and have a bit of a list of things I want to get around to doing.
  • Build a retaining wall
  • Clean up the garage
  • Convert one of our empty bedrooms into a gym
  • etc
But also on the list was to listen to this and see what the hype has all been about.
Well, I have played it at least 15 times in the last 3 days.
It is the greatest album I have ever heard and I am embarrassed it has taken me 30 years to listen to it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just started 6 weeks Long Service Leave and have a bit of a list of things I want to get around to doing.
  • Build a retaining wall
  • Clean up the garage
  • Convert one of our empty bedrooms into a gym
  • etc
But also on the list was to listen to this and see what the hype has all been about.
Well, I have played it at least 15 times in the last 3 days.
It is the greatest album I have ever heard and I am embarrassed it has taken me 30 years to listen to it

You rightfully should be embarrassed.

One of my all time favourites singing a song she wrote 58 years ago, it seems even more appropriate for her now. All class and dignity and at 80 what a Grammy debut.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back