What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen Powerline Sneakers a couple of times, they go alright.

Hey blackshadow have you checked out these guys live at all? Perth band but they've played over here a goodly few times.

Bit of King Gizzard meets Arthur Lee's Love meets Black Mountain. Pretty cool stuff.

(They probably should have picked a name that stands out a little more though.)

STEEL Panther!!!

Someone gave me a tour shirt a few years ago. I thought it was a pisstake anyway turns out they are real. If you were around in the 80s this stuff should remind you of the them.

The shirt is from their Spreading the Disease tour.

I'd forgotten so I pissed myself laughing when someone pointed it out in the supermarket the other day.

Hey blackshadow have you checked out these guys live at all? Perth band but they've played over here a goodly few times.

Bit of King Gizzard meets Arthur Lee's Love meets Black Mountain. Pretty cool stuff.

(They probably should have picked a name that stands out a little more though.)

Never seen them but they've been on my radar.

I've not been getting out to anywhere as many gigs for the last couple of years.

STEEL Panther!!!

Someone gave me a tour shirt a few years ago. I thought it was a pisstake anyway turns out they are real. If you were around in the 80s this stuff should remind you of the them.

I'd forgotten so I pissed myself laughing when someone pointed it out in the supermarket the other day.
They're a bit of fun, I've seen them a few times.

STEEL Panther!!!

Steel Panther are great. Part 80’s metal parody band but so good in their own right.Their albums are excellent from start to finish. Asian Hooker is a standout tune.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extremely sad news.

A very talented songwriter and the driving force behind two excellent bands - Ivy and Fountains Of Wayne - as well as doing a heap of soundtrack work, and also being involved with the Tinted Windows 'supergroup' (Schlesinger, James Iha from Smashing Pumpkins, Bun E Carlos from Cheap Trick, and Taylor Hansen).

Vale.

Re. Rush, to use an old quote "There can be only one" :)
True.

Alex Lifeson played on that second record and I heard a rumour he put a record out with the bloke singing or played on one of his solo records.

That band Death we refused a record deal unless they changed their name. They said gagf and that was that. I only found out about them 10 years or so ago, from a Detroit music freak. Amazing city, the home of soul and birthplace of punk.

Amazing city, the home of soul and birthplace of punk.

Blasphemy!

(Kidding, ferbs. Many schools of thought on the bolded of course - and the very definition of 'punk' itself - but I get where you're coming from with the whole MC5/Stooges/et al lineage. Although technically Stooges are from Ann Arbor. But I digress.....)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back