What did you think about the 2018 GF parade?

Your opinion on the 2018 GF parade

• Fantastic, loved it

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Meh, it was so so

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Well below expectations

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy is inherently daggy. It’s what it is, yet we get so many people complaining it’s not less daggy.

Really people, what do you expect?

Journalists could probably be more inventive and not ask every other eagles player about 2015 though

Edit. It’s primary function is for the folks who won’t get to go to the grand final, or don’t work in the city

Miserable bastards the lot of you

Horry s**t I just reallised why the Grand Final can never leave the MCG. The grand final parade and the PH for it is in Melbourne. Oh well!

I'm not proposing they get rid of it entirely (though I personally don't think I'd miss it greatly), but I went today and just felt pretty underwhelmed. Been a few times before since moving here, but i dunno, the atmosphere seemed a little muted today. We get to see the players up close during games instead of their tiny distant heads among hoards of people, just felt I probably shouldn't have bothered turning up..otoh I guess it adds to the build up, and fans enjoy it, but I know some players find it an unnecessary distraction/inconvenience over the build up. I know they have stuff on at the AFL Live site, but there should be more stuff in the parade itself. Not expecting Moomba but a few other things aside from marching bands (not that they're bad). No doubt Fox Footy benefits a lot from i5. But yeah, even if we turn up probably won't bother turning up. Just an opinion I guess.
Didn't waste my time tbh mate. Had a crack at the black jack tables.

I’d you don’t like it Op, then piss off back to Perth, bigfooty deems you irrelevant. Game over
Nah, what's irrelevant is people like you slagging off others. No class.

Perth boys alright. Genuine fella.

Why are the players holding their kids during the car parade....it should be banned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the more harmless traditions. Only ever attended the 2011 one. Don't understand why some think it needs to go though.

Back