What game/s are you most excited for in 2013?

Remove this Banner Ad

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
The new season is getting closer! (16 weeks away :p)
What game/s are you looking forward to the most?

1. Round 1 Collingwood - Seems an obvious pick, we beat them last time and I'm keen to see if we can back it up, No Boomer either. (real danger game)

2. Round 3 Sydney - The games down here in Hobart were great last season, i can't wait for this one and i hope we can knock them off as they have always been our bogey side.

3. Round 8 West Coast - Need to get revenge over the 3 losses we had to them in 2012, would be even sweeter to beat them on friday night footy at Subi.

Really looking forward to Sydney and west coast they have had the wood over us for way too long.

Want to see us against Richmond, Carlton ect who will be around the same mark as us!

The West Coast game is the one I am looking forward to the most. More on a personal level, was incredibly hard watching the boys live in the elim final. Never hurt so much watching a game before, walking out all I could think of was that I couldn't wait to play them again next season.

I've already written 2013 off in the sense I can't see us winning the premiership, which is what it's really all about. 2018 however, is a very different kennel of fish. Our windows will be wide open like the proverbial and Majak will play his 100th game that season which will fire the players up you'd imagine, especially if it was in the GF vs GWS.
Next years flag is wide open like the proverbial and there's no reason why we couldn't give it an almighty shake, weather permitting.
If we don't win a flag by 2020, that'll be it for me. I only can tolerate so much incompetence, as the Sydney Aquarium found out. Anyway, 2013 looks to be a dull affair until the finals, and that's where the might of the blue and white will erupt into the sky to light up Aegis Park and restore world order.

Hope this isn't an unwelcomed contribution, but I'll go anyway.

I'm moving to Melbourne in January and other than bombers games, north will be the other team I will go to watch when possible. Love the brand of footy and love a few of your boys. IMO, other than Jobe of course, you guys have the best captain in the game. Really hoping I can see you guys thump the eagles. Haven't checked fixtures, so hoping it is a home game.

Finals. The acid is on all the boys and the football development to take the next step in a pressure cooker final.

There's all the obvious ones, but I really enjoy us thumping the Dees. I enjoy the nice warm cup of reality we serve' em every year! It's almost Soup kitcken like. Not the 'Soup kitchen' from the movie the Other Guys though. Which is more like the Dees pre season training.

We beat Collingwood, St Kilda (and shoved it in their faces), Geelong and Melbourne in 2012 - all of whom have given us some beltings in recent years. Was good to finally trump those teams after many 10+ goal floggings

This year, I would like to see us really take it up to Sydney, Hawthorn and West Coast. A honourable loss isn't great, but I'd sure rather that compared to being belted.
So Hawthorn and Collingwood @ MCG, West Coast @ Subiaco and Sydney @ Hobart are the 4 games I'm really excited for, and I hope our boys don't disappoint.

obvious sarcasm about Melbourne giving us beltings

I've already written 2013 off in the sense I can't see us winning the premiership, which is what it's really all about. 2018 however, is a very different kennel of fish. Our windows will be wide open like the proverbial and Majak will play his 100th game that season which will fire the players up you'd imagine, especially if it was in the GF vs GWS.
Next years flag is wide open like the proverbial and there's no reason why we couldn't give it an almighty shake, weather permitting.
If we don't win a flag by 2020, that'll be it for me. I only can tolerate so much incompetence, as the Sydney Aquarium found out. Anyway, 2013 looks to be a dull affair until the finals, and that's where the might of the blue and white will erupt into the sky to light up Aegis Park and restore world order.

tumblr_md1z77scaU1recusvo1_500.jpg

Hope this isn't an unwelcomed contribution, but I'll go anyway.

I'm moving to Melbourne in January and other than bombers games, north will be the other team I will go to watch when possible. Love the brand of footy and love a few of your boys. IMO, other than Jobe of course, you guys have the best captain in the game. Really hoping I can see you guys thump the eagles. Haven't checked fixtures, so hoping it is a home game.
Where abouts in Melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NAB Cup game v Gold Coast Suns.

I know. I know. A NAB Cup game?

But it's in Townsville and many of my work-mates are coming to see an AFL game for the first time. They have already agreed to support the Roos and I'm hoping this game (and the experience) will lock North in as their team into the future.

First time I've been excited about a NAB Cup game ... ever.

Where abouts in Melbourne?
No idea yet. Open to suggestions if you know somewhere worth going to. Would like to be near the footy though.

Probably something inner city or docklands sort of area. Need to get jobs sorted out somewhere too, but instead of going back to teaching, I may well just sign up for temp labour sort of stuff.

The NAB Cup game v Gold Coast Suns.

I know. I know. A NAB Cup game?

But it's in Townsville and many of my work-mates are coming to see an AFL game for the first time. They have already agreed to support the Roos and I'm hoping this game (and the experience) will lock North in as their team into the future.

First time I've been excited about a NAB Cup game ... ever.

I hope it's a good quality match, no doubt you will get to see some of our recruits in action. :)

No idea yet. Open to suggestions if you know somewhere worth going to. Would like to be near the footy though.

Probably something inner city or docklands sort of area. Need to get jobs sorted out somewhere too, but instead of going back to teaching, I may well just sign up for temp labour sort of stuff.
If you're looking at inner city I'd definitely get the job part sorted out first. Like everything else it depends on what you're prepared to spend. Ex scum bag area's like Yarraville and Richmond are up market these days. I'd probably need to know a bit more about your lifestyle and earnings to give an educated opinion.

Round 1. Back in Oz for the first time in 3 years, timed the flights with the footy season and will be introducing a group of Swedish in-laws to the wonder of NMFC. I hope the fact the will come across Magpie supporters doesn't tarnish their impressions of Australia and Australians in general. This is a big round 1 for us.

Looking forward to first week of the finals. Win that and we're into the prelim and one win away from a grandfinal.

The new season is getting closer! (16 weeks away :p)
What game/s are you looking forward to the most?

Round 1, obviously. But we're going to be overseas for the first half of the year, so really round 19 vs Geelong. First home game after we get back to Australia, Friday night, should be a meaningful game in front of a big crowd at the pointy end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back