What happened to not being allowed to even touch a player after a free or mark?

Remove this Banner Ad

zucchini

Club Legend
Jan 13, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Scragging every time a free or mark is paid has well and truly crept back in.
At one stage a fingertip was 50, now do as you please to hold up and all is good.

Was there an actual rule change or interpretation change?

AFL probably realised how stupid it was and told the umpires to just quietly start letting them slip. Footy is better for it of course.

Same as going over the mark, nearly every mark the man on the mark creeps over the mark, they are very bad at setting it.
I saw Impey go over the mark by 2m when he was not in the contest.

Definitely going to be enforced again one week, only to be forgotten again.

AFL probably realised how stupid it was and told the umpires to just quietly start letting them slip. Footy is better for it of course.

I'd disagree that it was a stupid rule. Holding a player who has been awarded a mark or free kick is nothing more than time wasting to allow your team mates to drop back and man up. Why should that be allowed?

I'd disagree that it was a stupid rule. Holding a player who has been awarded a mark or free kick is nothing more than time wasting to allow your team mates to drop back and man up. Why should that be allowed?

It used to be a 50 if you made any contact with the marking player if you werent in the marking contest.

That too seems to now be completely ignored.

Also the one where you couldnt run to the mark from behind the player with the ball.

If there are too many rules which are being ignored just get rid of them. And be honeat that you ****ed up and made the game way more complex than it need be.

Bulldogs could have had at least 2-3 last night.

Stack comes from out of the contest to jump a metre over the mark and hold up Wallis.

And

Numb nuts Balta pushing Naughton forward of the mark away from attempting his set shot after being dominated

McIntosh got pulverised in the back and the umpire swallowed his whistle,we play to a different rulebook it seems,umpiring didn’t effect the result,Doggies too good but that doesn’t mean the umps should be sent to Epworth after every Richmond game to use the stomach pump to retrieve all the swallowed whistles.

The htb rule frustrates me,I watched the whole Dees Hawks match and the inconsistency of that rule was baffling.

Richmond last night got pinged when a Doggies player tackled the Tiger with the ball held to his body so he couldn’t handball out,99 times out of 100 that is a ballup but noooo,not Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back