What to expect in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

its reality. to go forward we need to bring in youth and develop them. it takes time and can cost us wins. never try to lose but i would rather gets games into the future than play the white thomas casboult jones types and maybe get a few extra wins.
Honestly though, the "youth" might be better than the White's and Kerridge's of the world.

i certainly hope so but it will take them 12 months before they are consistently winning games
Murphy, Cripps, Gibbs, Docherty, Simpson will be the one's winning the games. Everyone else just needs to play their part. It's a lot more about not screwing up, than doing anything outstanding or game breaking.

Hit the pass
Clean hands on the ball
Kick the goal
Man the space
Tackle hard

I've seen Weitering, Curnow, Silvagni all do these things, we just need more like that.

The concern is Boekhurst double grabbing balls, Kerridge fudging kicks, Thomas kicking balls out of bounds, White dropping marks, Everitt not covering ground. That sort of stuff.

Not to target people, but we just need to do the simple stuff better, and I think that is where kids are actually good at. If they're talented, they usually can do the simple stuff. An A-Grade talent does the simple stuff better than a B-Grade talent. They may not have the experience, confidence, endurance or body to do the match winning stuff yet, but hopefully they can be those cogs that allow the playmakers to play through them.

That's how I envision the season going anyway.

Murphy, Cripps, Gibbs, Docherty, Simpson will be the one's winning the games. Everyone else just needs to play their part. It's a lot more about not screwing up, than doing anything outstanding or game breaking.

Hit the pass
Clean hands on the ball
Kick the goal
Man the space
Tackle hard

I've seen Weitering, Curnow, Silvagni all do these things, we just need more like that.

The concern is Boekhurst double grabbing balls, Kerridge fudging kicks, Thomas kicking balls out of bounds, White dropping marks, Everitt not covering ground. That sort of stuff.

Not to target people, but we just need to do the simple stuff better, and I think that is where kids are actually good at. If they're talented, they usually can do the simple stuff. An A-Grade talent does the simple stuff better than a B-Grade talent. They may not have the experience, confidence, endurance or body to do the match winning stuff yet, but hopefully they can be those cogs that allow the playmakers to play through them.

agree but we cant rely on murphy gibbs docherty simpson etc to do everything and the kids will be inconsistent for a year or so. what it highlights is we have some good footballers, we have some good young footballers but we have a lot of very poor footballers. until they are replaced we will struggle.

it will really depend upon what happens during the trade & draft periods. my gut feel is sos will do something significant that no one expects or knows about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hit the pass
Clean hands on the ball
Kick the goal
Man the space
Tackle hard

In fairness to Boekhorst he hasn't looked right since his come back from that arm injury. He clearly trying to protect it, nasty injury from what I'm told. I think it's a good thing that Bolton still wants him in the team.
His shown enough in patches to suggest he could be a good player.

In fairness to Boekhorst he hasn't looked right since his come back from that arm injury. He clearly trying to protect it, nasty injury from what I'm told. I think it's a good thing that Bolton still wants him in the team.
His shown enough in patches to suggest he could be a good player.
Yeah I agree, i cant remember if he was this fumbly before the injury? But he's playing really poorly atm, i have some faith in him though, hope he comes good.

Yeah I agree, i cant remember if he was this fumbly before the injury? But he's playing really poorly atm, i have some faith in him though, hope he comes good.

He was pretty clean in the preseason. The game vs the swans he was awesome a few of his pick ups on the run were breath taking.
His had no luck with injury this year. Clearly Bolton rates him.

If cuningham and BB do in fact step up after their injury plagued seasons, then it makes the rebuild so much more advanced. Suddenly we are really only lacking the inside mid to support cripps and an elite small forward. Looking forward to DC finishing off the year with improvement each game. Let BB get over his limp wrist and see him next year.

He was pretty clean in the preseason. The game vs the swans he was awesome a few of his pick ups on the run were breath taking.

he wasnt. he fumbles a lot even in the pre season. not a clean player which is my biggest concern. does a few flashy things that gets people excited. lacks real poise. 24 yo next season so needs to show something. the other is he doesnt seem to get in to the right positions. very outside. the fact he has been offered a 1 year deal says to me the club arent convinced either. imo survives purely because we have so many others to get rid of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back