What's a Collingwood Conspiracy That You Believe To Be True?

Remove this Banner Ad

That high ranking officials within the club refused to draft me because they knew I was going to end up the best Collingwood player of all time.

That high ranking officials within the club refused to draft me because they knew I was going to be s**t...

That the Rand Corporation, in conjuction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires, forced the 2002 GF goal umpire to rule Roccas goal a point in a fiendish plot to eliminate the joy of GF victory from Magpie hearts!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaidyn Stephenson in 2020, in the Covid hub in QLD/WA/Fiji (maybe not Fiji):
  • Punched Harvey or Sanderson or someone else (seems fair)
  • Gamed all night and kept Josh Daicos awake, which caused Peter Daicos to call the club and complain
  • Smuggled girls (or was it horses?) into his room and broke the AFL Covid rules
  • Sulked
  • Cried
  • Wanted to go home
  • Had another punch-on

Despite Eddie's insistence to the contrary i firmly believe that our ground being atop the burnley tunnel and subsequently quite firm was a big contributor to our soft tissue issues for most of the 2010s.

I had originally wondered that too, but when I saw that the path of the tunnel goes under the old glasshouse which has a diving pool + foundations that the tunnel must pass under (not to mention the Yarra a little further along) that tunnel must be many meters below the oval surface. I just can’t see how a hard substrate that far down could make any difference.

Could it affect soil hydrology perhaps? I can’t imagine that it would be good for tunnel longevity for it to interfere too much with the natural soil hydrology.

I think it’s a good hypothesis to explore, but I just can’t see any failure modes that would make it plausible.

I had originally wondered that too, but when I saw that the path of the tunnel goes under the old glasshouse which has a diving pool + foundations that the tunnel must pass under (not to mention the Yarra a little further along) that tunnel must be many meters below the oval surface. I just can’t see how a hard substrate that far down could make any difference.

Could it affect soil hydrology perhaps? I can’t imagine that it would be good for tunnel longevity for it to interfere too much with the natural soil hydrology.

I think it’s a good hypothesis to explore, but I just can’t see any failure modes that would make it plausible.

I think we once had a thread on the topic of the ground surface and our plethora of soft tissue injuries. We had contributions from posters who had knowledge about the local geology, access to relevant data, engineers who worked on big tunnels, etc, etc.

I can’t recall the conclusion, but with hindsight it might have been the fault of that pesky fitness coach - Devoran.

Or the Reid family genes.

Or the AIA Centre is a UFO landing site.

• Gamed all night and kept Josh Daicos awake, which caused Peter Daicos to call the club and complain
  • Smuggled girls (or was it horses?) into his room and broke the AFL Covid rules
  • Sulked
  • Cried
  • Wanted to go home
  • Had another punch-on
You left out the best bit: peed into Noble’s cup and poor John drank it, resulting in it being very awkward when he went to North and their head coach was Noble’s dad.

• Sulked
  • Cried
  • Wanted to go home
  • Had another punch-on
None of these would surprise me one bit except maybe the women, I’m thinking they were ladies 😉

• Sulked
  • Cried
  • Wanted to go home
  • Had another punch-on
I thought the rumour was that he pissed in Noble's drink?

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back