What's a Collingwood Conspiracy That You Believe To Be True?

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite Eddie's insistence to the contrary i firmly believe that our ground being atop the burnley tunnel and subsequently quite firm was a big contributor to our soft tissue issues for most of the 2010s.
A3406B7A-C0A2-4EA8-8961-8D26C6DC69BC.jpeg
One of mine is that the club frequently rorts the salary cap by promising players token jobs at the end of their careers.
WAG’s are the real battleground on this one.

Mainly weed. Freddy cook was speed and so were 3/4 of the VFA back in the day
I remember an interview where he talked about issues with amphetamines. I had an impression it wasn't solely post AFL but might be wrong. ONe of my all time favourite players but this may not fit with the conspirarcy notion. Nor would Tarrant chewing biscuits at the tunnel every Sat night.
The conspiracy that resonates for me is the umps had a piss up last year & all concurred Ginni was making a joke of their decision making. They decided it was time to make an example of players that didn't show a modicum of respect and drive him from the game.

I remember an interview where he talked about issues with amphetamines. I had an impression it wasn't solely post AFL but might be wrong. ONe of my all time favourite players but this may not fit with the conspirarcy notion. Nor would Tarrant chewing biscuits at the tunnel every Sat night.
The conspiracy that resonates for me is the umps had a piss up last year & all concurred Ginni was making a joke of their decision making. They decided it was time to make an example of players that didn't show a modicum of respect and drive him from the game.
I played in the VFA during that era and it was rife but as you said, it's a bit off topic

No need for conspiracy theories, here's the truth from the man himself. A good listen if you can get over the Ralph factor.

Thank you. This is awesome.

No need for conspiracy theories, here's the truth from the man himself. A good listen if you can get over the Ralph factor.

Thanks Joely. I remember hearing part of this story a long time ago on radio. I've enjoyed a lifelong struggle with various drugs and his story is as inspirational as his playing was. Great post.

Leigh Matthews smacked Darren Millane in the face cause he wasn’t showing respect to the coach.

Heard that when I was young hanging around the cheer squad. It was when Leigh just took the reigns.

RIP Darren Millane

Last edited:

He really is a great man who's helped so many get off drugs. I've had the pleasure of meeting him on quite a few occasions through my work over the years and he really is fully invested in what he does or used to do, I'm not sure if he is still part of the rehab field as I haven't worked in that area for quite a few years now

Jaidyn Stephenson in 2020, in the Covid hub in QLD/WA/Fiji (maybe not Fiji):
  • Punched Harvey or Sanderson or someone else (seems fair)
  • Gamed all night and kept Josh Daicos awake, which caused Peter Daicos to call the club and complain
  • Smuggled girls (or was it horses?) into his room and broke the AFL Covid rules
  • Sulked
  • Cried
  • Wanted to go home
  • Had another punch-on
  • The environment was toxic for many but given he was such a wimp on field, why was he punching off it?
  • Not the naughtiest thing in the world but really? When you get a phone call from Peter Daicos about your bad behaviour and he's complaining to the club, it's not a good look
  • Stevo was a sook.
  • I doubt he could smuggle girls in given he couldn't even shut up about his donations to gambling companies and bragged to Howe that he'd lost a wager.
I did read he had OCD once and COVID exacerbated problems for many as a set routine was changed. OCD can be linked to autism, too which if left unsupported, can lead to poor decision making ability. Although I would hope that in this day and age, players who have OCD would be touching base with a psychologist or other practitioner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Beams missed the Dogs game in 2019 on face value because of a migraine but he had just lost 15k in a bet and was depressed.
That Eddie had promisted Malthouse the job for as long as he wanted but had to changed his mind when North came a knocking for Bucks.
That we could have had Bernie Q and Lockett but for fighting on the board with Wayne Richardson scared that Lockett would take his son Mark's place in the team.
That Eddie bailed Beams out to the tune of 1 mil.
That 2 on our list are lovers.:)
That Buck's wife was making out with Seb Gotch and causing angst for him which led to a decline in his coaching.

Crickey... do you recall if the Ginni got a free for that?

If it were the ANZAC day game then he would have, but given he’s wearing the black shorts it would have been the round 19 game (memorable for Elliott’s kick after the siren) …

… and by that stage of the season Ginni was getting nothing.

If it were the ANZAC day game then he would have, but given he’s wearing the black shorts it would have been the round 19 game (memorable for Elliott’s kick after the siren) …

mmmm, lets hope that trend doesnt continue. Irresponsible/dangerous if umpires allow that.

That Beams missed the Dogs game in 2019 on face value because of a migraine but he had just lost 15k in a bet and was depressed.
That Eddie had promisted Malthouse the job for as long as he wanted but had to changed his mind when North came a knocking for Bucks.
That we could have had Bernie Q and Lockett but for fighting on the board with Wayne Richardson scared that Lockett would take his son Mark's place in the team.
That Eddie bailed Beams out to the tune of 1 mil.
That 2 on our list are lovers.:)
That Buck's wife was making out with Seb Gotch and causing angst for him which led to a decline in his coaching.

It was actually some of the Storm players. Fact

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crickey... do you recall if the Ginni got a free for that?
Just in case you're not kidding, that was the infamous Ginnivan/Redman incident, and Jack certainly didn't get a free kick for it!:

Didn’t know which thread to put it in but watching Daicos against the Bears for his 13 goals. Thinking Troy Lehman was a decent player!

What a medium size talented team we had!

Stats from the game

021e4d128dc156e6a605782d2ce71cb4.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back