What's gone wrong with Melbourne in 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodwin was hailed 13 games ago for getting Melbourne flying into a PL

When you start praising Neeld you lose all credibility

What a load of ****

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

keep telling yourself that mate

see why you barrack for dees- acceptance of mediocrity

Not sure if you're trolling but the club was genuinely on track to fold several years ago under Neeld.
I'm deadly serious.
Neeld could not believe how unprofessional the club was compared to Collingwood.
Players ruling the roost and allowed free reign- he, like McCartney at Dogs- came in with a directive to sort the place out.
Senior players got the hump and complained and soon he was arsed.
takes some hard love to get things sorted- you have to go backwards to go forwards.
Smart business practice- get a hard nosed IDGAF style manager (Neeld/McCartney) to come in and bulldoze the place and then slide in a caring, supportive manager to build it back up (Roos/Bevo)

fast forward a few years and you have players boycotting a pre-season camp.

Your username describes your club

This is going beyond “having a poor preseason”. Completely overrated list. No forward line. Poor gameplan. Prelim to spoon contention. Classic Melbourne.
I wonder if Melbourne get away from scrutiny because of their history of failure

Melbourne’s list really should be doing far far better than the woeful position it finds itself in

This is going beyond “having a poor preseason”. Completely overrated list. No forward line. Poor gameplan. Prelim to spoon contention. Classic Melbourne.
I don't like to agree but it is a combination of class of 2018 not behaving to coach's rules... not 'director's fault.. player keeping their dice close to their chest
wandering minds and wandering feet... don't ever like to blame the coach.. not yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started badly and snowballed. Obviously didn’t have a great pre season, both with injury and didn’t seem to work hard enough.

If Goodwin has a similar start next season, he will be out of a job in 11-12 months time.

I watched them today and have to say their decision making is appalling, they're in space and then they'll turn back into traffic... for no reason... also their forwards can't kick, they don't work very hard for each other to provide options or get some overlap run happening. Never viewed them as a genuine bottom 4 side until I saw them in person

I watched them today and have to say their decision making is appalling, they're in space and then they'll turn back into traffic... for no reason... also their forwards can't kick, they don't work very hard for each other to provide options or get some overlap run happening. Never viewed them as a genuine bottom 4 side until I saw them in person
You looked that much fitter than us.
You were running rings around us, because you work harder.
In ever facet of the game

If this came from a west coast supporter fair enough, but if you want to talk mediocrity you don’t have to look to far past your own club old son
Thanks Dad!

What is Fremantle then? Pot meet Kettle
difference being I accept we are mediocre.

Yet- we are still a better club than you at present- better on the field and better off the field.

In our time in the AFL you have done NOTHING.

You would kill for Ross Lyon

Thanks Dad!

difference being I accept we are mediocre.

Yet- we are still a better club than you at present- better on the field and better off the field.

In our time in the AFL you have done NOTHING.

Ridiculous thing to say and as for Ross Lyon the only thing that would be killed is any last incentive to watch Melbourne play with that dud as coach, Freo will will as many flags with him coaching as they have in their entire history.

Now go to room and don’t come out until you’ve thought about what rubbish you’ve posted

The same Ross Lyon who has been found to be sexually harassing female staff club members?

Yeah that is exactly what we need

I've only watched them a few times this year but their skills and decision making are below AFL standard. Clayton Oliver signifies this. He is such a great ball winner but whenever he gets the ball he looks to feed the handball off even when the correct decision is to kick the ball. It throws off the whole leading patterns of the forwards. When he did eventually kick, it was simply awful.

Guys like Hannan, Spargo, Garlett, Jones aren't up to it anymore. They have the chance to improve next year if they can get their backline to gel with a new group including Lever, May, Hore, Jetta who have played zero football together. Some very good players there that have been non existent due to injuries this year.

Was highlighted last week - but the hypelords around here are still drinking the kool aid.

I'm deadly serious.
Neeld could not believe how unprofessional the club was compared to Collingwood.
Players ruling the roost and allowed free reign- he, like McCartney at Dogs- came in with a directive to sort the place out.
Senior players got the hump and complained and soon he was arsed.
takes some hard love to get things sorted- you have to go backwards to go forwards.
Smart business practice- get a hard nosed IDGAF style manager (Neeld/McCartney) to come in and bulldoze the place and then slide in a caring, supportive manager to build it back up (Roos/Bevo)

fast forward a few years and you have players boycotting a pre-season camp.

Your username describes your club
Didn’t the WB win a flag after McCartney was sacked? And didn’t Neeld get sacked from Essendon last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back