What's happening in the Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately Shane Fisher is retiring from football. He showed great pre season form but his knee is shot and needs an operation. He will remain on at the borough as off field coach. Very disapointing for the club, because as a player he would have dominated for us.

Are you for real? He never dominated at East Point so now in his twilight he was going to become a gun. He had great foot skills but that where it ends.

Check my post for accuracy and i've been on the money. If you think the guy couldn't play your kidding yourself. From pre season form i think he would have been a marquee player in the league

Check my post for accuracy and i've been on the money. If you think the guy couldn't play your kidding yourself. From pre season form i think he would have been a marquee player in the league

Pre Season form counts for What ? Absolutely Nothing you fool.

How many games did you get out of the Tattooed One?

Yes he would have been a Marqee Player for you, in the Hospitality Marquee.

Go the Burra.

Unfortunately Shane Fisher is retiring from football. He showed great pre season form but his knee is shot and needs an operation. He will remain on at the borough as off field coach. Very disapointing for the club, because as a player he would have dominated for us.

Very disapointing espesically when you recruit a playing coach. A lot was said about his body and that it may not stand up, shame we don't get to see for ourselves if he could play, for Maryborough's sake i hope he can coach.

bunna out

Pre Season form counts for What ? Absolutely Nothing you fool.

How many games did you get out of the Tattooed One?

Yes he would have been a Marqee Player for you, in the Hospitality Marquee.

Go the Burra.

Maryborough would have known the risk of him being a playing coach considering East Point got about 2 games a year out of him. The talk is that the contract was able to be adjusted if he became a non playing coach. The playing group are feeling for him and the rest of the club seem to respect him quite a bit from what I gather.

I saw him twice in the night matches and he looked like he was moving quite well and would have made some impact. It counts for something. Whether he played 2 practice matches or two home and away games the result is basically the same; he's an off field coach for the majority of the season.

Tool or not, he's sacrificed his body for footy and will no doubt suffer for this later in life. A lot can be said for a guy willing to have a crack at coaching and especially with all the knockers he has.

Tips for the week by Greenman

Maine V Sandhurst...........Greenman recons the Maine will win this one, close game, but Maine have a little more experiance and will be desperate to reverse the form that saw KF embarrass them

Gis V Maryborough.....Bulldogs by plenty

South v Eaglehawk.........match of the round, but Derricks boys for me, to much fire power in the midfield.

Kyneton V Flat.......Said I would never bag the tigers again and I will be true to my word, but the Roos will win this one, wont be a blow out but about 20 points will be the margin

Flatrat49's Round 4 B.F.L tips for all 3 grades

Seniors
Castlemaine to DEF Sandhurst by 38 points
South Bendigo to DEF Eaglehawk by 13 points
Gisborne to DEF Maryborough by 79 points
Kangaroo Flat to DEF Kyneton by 15 Points

Reserves
Sandhurst to DEF Castlemaine by 13points
South to DEF Eaglehawk by 26 points
Gisborne to DEF Maryborough by 44 points
Kangaroo Flat to DEF Kyneton by 40 Points

Under 18's
Sandhurst to DEF Maine by 37 Points
Eaglehawk to DEF South by 25 Points
Gissy to DEF Maryborough without walking out on the ground!
Kangaroo Flat to DEF Kyneton by 88 Points

MATCH OF THE ROUND!
South Bendigo V Eaglehawk in the seniors

Eaglehawk will lead pretty much all day but will suffer from a few injurys during the game and they will watch South Bendigo Grab the much needed Points :)

fifths tips for round 4

maine by 23 points over hurst .... hurst to fire up after copping plenty of flak about lack of goal kicking ability .... 9 goals in 2 matches maine has more scoring options
flat to get home by about 18-19 pts. over kyneton tate will be the flat's biggest worry the guy can play ruck/on-ball/up forward
gissie to beat a game maryborough by 55 points at the graveyard the young pies will have a dip but jordy barham is big and will stretch chaddy
eaglehawk at home especially if lockie plays to beat south the bloods will have a dip but the hawks are good

Are you for real? He never dominated at East Point so now in his twilight he was going to become a gun. He had great foot skills but that where it ends.

Ice man here- Shane Fisher has never been any good. Too immobile for a small bloke and too soft for a tall. Guys like me and Brad Fox would have torn him apart in our hey day. Stickers wont win you games, fights or first place in your local bingo so forget about playing the strong man Fisher and get back to the Ballarat league where you had a small amount of respect (and i mean very small). You had the best list in country footy at East Ballarat and couldn't win a flag so how do you propose to win games with a list of sh!tkickers?

Ice man out!

Should be some ripper games tomorrow and don't be surprised to see Marybrough give Gisborne a real scare. I had a Read the South vs Eaglehawk preview on the centralvicfooty site and it mentions the Burra have had a few goals kicked against them so far this season they kick plenty to I suppose which should make tommorrow a shoot out.

Should be some ripper games tomorrow and don't be surprised to see Marybrough give Gisborne a real scare. I had a Read the South vs Eaglehawk preview on the centralvicfooty site and it mentions the Burra have had a few goals kicked against them so far this season they kick plenty to I suppose which should make tommorrow a shoot out.
Kyneton must win tomorrow, I notice that Rhyce Ellis is named in the forward pocket as is another youngster in Jack Redpath. Tate at full back is interesting if he lines up there. Castlemaine, Gisborne and Eaglehawk to win the rest.

Tips

Eaglehawk in the big one by 21
Kangaroo Flat by 27
Castlemaine by 15
Gisborne by 63

bunna out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyneton must win tomorrow, I notice that Rhyce Ellis is named in the forward pocket as is another youngster in Jack Redpath. Tate at full back is interesting if he lines up there. Castlemaine, Gisborne and Eaglehawk to win the rest.

sorry darryl but, unless flat come out like their name sake kyneton are up for another loss. although they have the experience and class of cook, dryden, tate and chambers their kids aren't as equipped as the youngsters from KF. Also KF will run the tigers off their legs with the difference in fitness between the two clubs.

Ice man here- Shane Fisher has never been any good. Too immobile for a small bloke and too soft for a tall. Guys like me and Brad Fox would have torn him apart in our hey day. Stickers wont win you games, fights or first place in your local bingo so forget about playing the strong man Fisher and get back to the Ballarat league where you had a small amount of respect (and i mean very small). You had the best list in country footy at East Ballarat and couldn't win a flag so how do you propose to win games with a list of sh!tkickers?

Ice man out!

What a w***er! The only way the Maryborough boys should be classed as sh!tkickers is if they were Kicking you ice man.

Ice man in

Well no-one was good enough to do it in the 90's when men were men so i doubt it would happen these days after the iceman has spent a few years in the gym kickin serious iron. Maryborough are no good lets be honest, fisher= bad coach and bad coaches have bad ink.... The iceman aint got tatts cause arms like these dont need em.

Iceman out!

Forget to change log ins did we mate??

I remembered mine Rooty.
Bit of info going around about a cuppla matters:-
i/. Name of country footy identity who laid down the "Mounts could beat Flat and Maine" statement is becoming better and more widely known around the traps. Word is he's involved in the media right across town --- maybe into the VFL promotions scene, too.
Think on that one.

ii/. Big Boy B. and mates will be getting a spell from 89.5 FM radio duties shortly. The outfit headed up by one G. Morris is getting another gig next month.
That frequency is getting a real pounding. The ABC is extra keen to snaffle it for direct parliamentary b'casts. That's something to look forward to if it comes off.
Riveting stuff.

I remembered mine Rooty.
i/. Name of country footy identity who laid down the "Mounts could beat Flat and Maine" statement is becoming better and more widely known around the traps. Word is he's involved in the media right across town --- maybe into the VFL promotions scene, too.
Think on that one.

Can tell you now that this whole thing has been blown WAY out of proportion! Guy in question was attending Flat/Maine game and was asked of his opinions of the game. His response was something along the lines of: "I reckon Mounts would beat both these teams" - an off-the-cuff remark I think in regards to the quality of the game, not the ability of the teams.

Can also tell you that the person in question has no media involvement whatsoever, although I can't say the same of the second person in the conversation.

flat 20.15, kyneton tiges 7.11
eaglehwk 20.12, south 17.12 (d. filo played and snagged 3 saus. rolls)
gissy won by a bit over maryburra but not a huge flogging, and
the maine pumped the hurst by close to 100 pts, maybe over the ton

flat 20.15, kyneton tiges 7.11
eaglehwk 20.12, south 17.12 (d. filo played and snagged 3 saus. rolls)
gissy won by a bit over maryburra but not a huge flogging, and
the maine pumped the hurst by close to 100 pts, maybe over the ton

I did see that Filo played... Just a one off??

KANGAROO FLAT HOW ABOUT THAT!!!!!

Kangflat won all 3 grades again this weekend...

Seniors:

KANG FLAT 20.15.135
def
KYNETON 7.11.53

Reserves:

KANG FLAT 22.21.153
def
KYNETON 2.2.14

Under 18's

KANG FLAT 14.9.93
def
KYNETON 4.4.28

**Kangaroo flat ressies are in for a good year already sitting 4th 2-2
bye next week with another 4 pts will be a good test agst EAGLEHAWK in a fortnights time**

flatty rat u wld agree i reckon every1 seemd pretty relaxed at dowr park saturday every1 except tiges cooky who seemd stressed mainly by his teams terrible efforts i suppose but no 1 from the flat worried about the mt. pleasant thing from anzac nite

I remembered mine Rooty.
Think on that one.

ii/. Big Boy B. and mates will be getting a spell from 89.5 FM radio duties shortly. The outfit headed up by one G. Morris is getting another gig next month.
That frequency is getting a real pounding. The ABC is extra keen to snaffle it for direct parliamentary b'casts. That's something to look forward to if it comes off.
Riveting stuff.

Wrong on that one Jock but keep working on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back