Autopsy What's the deal with the Western Bulldogs?

Remove this Banner Ad

We aren’t a dynasty. We are pretty s**t to be honest. But we certainly didn’t the umpires to get us home last year :)
Peanuts like you that think umpires through instructions from higher up or on their own accord, award frees to just help a team win a match, really need to get a grip on reality.

Bevo is a genius and IS the right bloke.

Need to reinforce the defence.

Bevo needs more sounding boards around him.
Good comment, its just our defence that's holding us back from being consistently in the top 4 and our assistant coaches are pooh, and we need that sorted out, If Leon Cameron in fact comes back that could help a bit.

Kissed on the dick draft gifts have been a tried and true path to premiership glory so getting a gun young KPF and KPD into a team at the pointy end is almost handing them a flag in the next 3-4 years IMO

They will be way unders in flag betting next year preseason
Your 100% right, those two are going to be unreal players, in say three years time, they will be tearing it up along with Naughton and English and out mids, just need a couple of mid aged good backs.

I've never understood this take tbh. At the end of the day the 'bloods culture' that we all love to talk about wilted in the last quarter. It's that simple.

...and believe me, I'm a Geelong supporter. I know what wilting in finals looks like.

They just didn't show up when the game was there to be won and it's happened regularly for Sydney in the Buddy era. We just don't talk about it as much as we do Geelong, Collingwood, or Richmond in past years.

You can't get 1 goal out of your $1.5 million key forwards and expect to win, footy's pretty simple like that.
No no no it was der umpires, eeeeeveryone knows dat!

They had every chance, got to within a couple of points. Heck, we even had a goal overturned and they couldn’t take advantage. One side wanted it more and that wasn’t Sydney.

Was there not a little investigation into 2016 GF umpiring, after which the AFL stated there were several incorrect decisions? I am sure this DID happen, but couldnt bb checking this minute ....
A poster on here posted a kick-by-kick analysis of the game - nobody else has ever done that, just a lot of fantasising - there were a few 50/50 decisions but nothing that swung the game. Blame the Sydney forwards who couldn’t score when they had the chance.

It's just how I see it. Both Franklin and Tippett contributed nothing. If you're going to bring those guys into your club as marquee players and then have them dissapear when needed most then that's on you. I'd say that's far more important than the umpiring.

I mean really, who actually played well for Sydney that day? Kennedy was absolutely superb and unlucky not to be norm smith, but outside of him there weren't many.

The same applies to Geelong. If we bow out of the finals and Cameron does SFA just you watch, our board will be calling it a bad investment.

You get these guys in to win you big games. That's just how it is.
And on the other side the much-maligned Tom Boyd played the game of his life with three magnificent goals when they were needed.

The AFL said that to cover themselves. Watch that video I posted. There would be more than what you’ve mentioned. You can’t just say ‘The AFL said that so it’s true’ I mean, it’s not. It’s only WB supporters that don’t buy that. There’s a reason website goes into meltdown on game day when you play.
Read the kick-by-kick analysis of the game, or are you too lazy?

So a poster on BF comments about football related topics and you’ve thrown out the ‘not intelligent’ post and now ‘mentally unstable’, that’s a very very long bow to draw when you don’t know that person. You’re an absolute keyboard warrior.
Sadly, he was accurate. Seek help asap.

A poster on here posted a kick-by-kick analysis of the game - nobody else has ever done that, just a lot of fantasising - there were a few 50/50 decisions but nothing that swung the game. Blame the Sydney forwards who couldn’t score when they had the chance.
Dogs won the big moments in that game, no doubt. I was wrapt to see the big recruit step up, and was and am a big fan of picken jr.

What annoyed me was the AFL. They did a review after pressure from Swans, declared some ump errors favouring Dogs, then declared the errors had no effect on the result! It was obviously a BS review process.

I think Bevo is far too rigid and stubborn. Messes around at selection, plays some very average favourites and doesn't understand the value of rucks. Not even going into his emotional problems because that's a whole other kettle of fish. He should either go or someone needs to pull him into line.
You’ve been trawling our forum for these “opinions”, haven’t you. Stick to your own coaching problems - how many so far this year? Who is your coach this week?

Refusing to trade Dunkley when he asked to go was one thing, bringing in Treloar the following year another. Combine them and you don’t need to wonder why their defence is shot and their midfield over stacked
How did Treloar's addition to the team for actual peanuts negatively impact the already ongoing negligence of our defence?

You’ve been trawling our forum for these “opinions”, haven’t you. Stick to your own coaching problems - how many so far this year? Who is your coach this week?
So by your bizarre and incredibly defensive responses on this thread, it's fair to say that you don't think the Bulldogs have any issues?

All good? Nothing to see here?

I think premise of the OP is legitimate. It's never good when a club misses the 8 after playing in a GF (if they do, in fact miss it) - so why not just stick the topic?

Your reactions to Bulldogs threads, posts and opinions are concerning. It's borderline unhinged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So by your bizarre and incredibly defensive responses on this thread, it's fair to say that you don't think the Bulldogs have any issues?

All good? Nothing to see here?

I think premise of the OP is legitimate. It's never good when a club misses the 8 after playing in a GF (if they do, in fact miss it) - so why not just stick the topic?

Your reactions to Bulldogs threads, posts and opinions are concerning. It's borderline unhinged.
Why are you even here, as you don't follow football (allegedly)? You've got a negative opinion about other teams, but won't divulge your own allegiances. Why does this matter to you?

No one is disputing that we have issues at the moment. We discuss our problems freely on our forum, outsiders know very little apart from their own prejudices. Admit you like trolling.

Dogs won the big moments in that game, no doubt. I was wrapt to see the big recruit step up, and was and am a big fan of picken jr.

What annoyed me was the AFL. They did a review after pressure from Swans, declared some ump errors favouring Dogs, then declared the errors had no effect on the result! It was obviously a BS review process.
So what did you expect? They'd hand the cup to Sydney? Have you read that analysis that I referred to?

Anyway, the discussion is about NOW, not 6 years ago.

Why are you even here, as you don't follow football (allegedly)? You've got a negative opinion about other teams, but won't divulge your own allegiances. Why does this matter to you?

No one is disputing that we have issues at the moment. We discuss our problems freely on our forum, outsiders know very little apart from their own prejudices. Admit you like trolling.
He’s always trolling Bulldog threads, seems a bit obsessive.

They seem to be in no man's land.
Not contending but not rebuilding either.
They should be contending but the squad just aren't clicking.

The list has seemingly peaked, and the top 10-12 players can no longer hold up the long list of VFL-standard players who seem to get runs every week. Dunkley leaving has left a gaping hole in their midfield depth, with Bailey Smith the only decent midfield talent younger than Bont (28 y.o) and he looks lost and possibly will be traded. They can salvage this list with some savvy midfield drafting, and topping up with value around the ground. But until this happens, the decline will continue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back