Strategy What's your crazy coaching move v Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they need to tell VB to forget about touching the ball (not that he does anyway lately ) and just wear Fyfe like a glove.. be his shadow, use some Bernie vince tactics on him, step on his toes, pinch him, wrestle him and get in his face. just run with him! a massive hard tag!

id drop Jenkins and bring in big O'Brien, play him at CHF and to combat Sandilands in the forward half and to swap with Jacobs when Jacobs needs a rest.

Id bring in Jpod to play the Justin westhoff role in defence.

I would like to see Fyfe play forward all day on VB. I think he would kick 5 goals quite easily, unfortunately he would also kick 10 points. :oops:

To counter, our team would use their 18 players to form a ring around yours, then stop dead. If you release the ball, a Freo player is going to be closest.
Now it becomes a matter of wingspan!!

If our 17 can form a circle large enough such that your 18 can't completely encircle it - then we're through :)

Jack Osborn - you're playing this week.

I think they need to tell VB to forget about touching the ball (not that he does anyway lately ) and just wear Fyfe like a glove.. be his shadow, use some Bernie vince tactics on him, step on his toes, pinch him, wrestle him and get in his face. just run with him! a massive hard tag!

id drop Jenkins and bring in big O'Brien, play him at CHF and to combat Sandilands in the forward half and to swap with Jacobs when Jacobs needs a rest.

Id bring in Jpod to play the Justin westhoff role in defence.
  1. Don't think they need to actually go out of their way to tell VB to forget about getting the ball, done a good job of it late.
  2. He's too much of a weenie to do anything untoward to anyone in the league.
  3. As the Freo supporter rightly points out above, Fyfe will kick 5 on VB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Move Tex to the HFF and I'd play Fyfe at full forward for us.

After all, we stitched him up about 18 months ago.

He does really like Sloane, cause he has a good head of hair on him, and the thinks that makes him a good bloke he said at the AFLPA players award dinner last year. Damn, Sloaney cut his hair! Means Fyfe isn't coming to us!

Don't play a ruckman at all. Drop Sauce down in defence as the spare man - or up forward. Play 4 midfielders instead - their mids are going to get first use anyway, so let Sandi get the tap and then we'll outnumber them 4 to 3 on the ground and can at least nullify them to some extent.
Hey! I was gonna say that!

For the love of god don't play Jenkins. He provides nothing in the air and this puts huge pressure on the rest of the team. When the opposition know your key forwards aren't going to mark the long ball, they can take easy intercept marks, spread quickly from contests , and cover your crumbers. Less defenders get sucked into contests and the ball comes flying out. Jenkins doesn't mark it (often through failing to even compete) and he doesn't chase hard enough.

His worst ever game, and he's had some shockers, was against Freo a couple of years back. I can't help but dread we'll see a repeat performance. Even if our mids somehow take the ascendency at stoppages, it'll be worth bugger all if McPharlin and Johnson are marking our i50s uncontested.

I don't mean to pin our forward inefficiency on one player, but I just don't know what the hell his role in the team is, beyond being lucky enough to be the size of a ruckman (another role he doesn't actually perform in).

I've seen enough of ROB to convince me that, even though he's raw as heck, he's a far better ruckman than Jenkins and will at least threaten to take a contested mark.

For the love of god don't play Jenkins. He provides nothing in the air and this puts huge pressure on the rest of the team. When the opposition know your key forwards aren't going to mark the long ball, they can take easy intercept marks, spread quickly from contests , and cover your crumbers. Less defenders get sucked into contests and the ball comes flying out. Jenkins doesn't mark it (often through failing to even compete) and he doesn't chase hard enough.

His worst ever game, and he's had some shockers, was against Freo a couple of years back. I can't help but dread we'll see a repeat performance. Even if our mids somehow take the ascendency at stoppages, it'll be worth bugger all if McPharlin and Johnson are marking our i50s uncontested.

I don't mean to pin our forward inefficiency on one player, but I just don't know what the hell his role in the team is, beyond being lucky enough to be the size of a ruckman (another role he doesn't actually perform in).

I've seen enough of ROB to convince me that, even though he's raw as heck, he's a far better ruckman than Jenkins and will at least threaten to take a contested mark.

Too true Feenix

Don't play a ruckman at all. Drop Sauce down in defence as the spare man - or up forward. Play 4 midfielders instead - their mids are going to get first use anyway, so let Sandi get the tap and then we'll outnumber them 4 to 3 on the ground and can at least nullify them to some extent.

Almost worked for the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back