Prediction Where will AFC finish on the ladder in the 2019 season?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this year was the year if we had things go right. Unfortunately, we got 'Burtoned' in the preseason and had no chance.

Jacobs and Betts are falling off a cliff, and Lynch, Walker, Jenkins, Sloane, are all getting on a bit. Not sure we have enough coming through just yet to counteract that. Not to mention the continual selection of players like Mackay and Douglas.

If we do make off-field changes to the football department and have a good pre-season we could be in the mix, unfortunately, I don't see us making the necessary changes. Likely finish 5-9th I think.

We will finish 2019 as we have finished the last 20 years. Without a flag. As long as membership and sponsorship is up all and sundry will keep their jobs. Rinse and repeat.

We will finish 2019 as we have finished the last 20 years. Without a flag. As long as membership and sponsorship is up all and sundry will keep their jobs. Rinse and repeat.

Exactly. We'll probably be more likely in the middle order of the ladder again. Had our shot in 2016 and 2017. Missed the top 4 in 2016 but finally made a GF in 2017 but the Tigers were no fluke and that has showed this year on their way to a repeat (????). I still think we were better in 2016 but bad luck on the ladder was the difference that year. Look back to 2005 and most of 2006 I reckon that was the best Crows team ever .... what a shame they could not win it, McLeod, Roo, Edwards and so and so, players almost impossible to replace, players you get once in a lifetime. These types of teams don't come often.

6th-9th

Which makes me think we had to trade or lose one of Lynch or Sloane

I nominate Lynch

Back in no mans land - with an ageing list this time

We would have been better off going for quick re build while staying competitive

If we traded out a couple eg Lynch and came 10th but topped up further than what we are then that to me is better than 7th

If we could put the right people in the right seats, a smart operator in charge of the footy department, a gun fitness manager and a refresh of the assistants we could easily go top 4 next year.

So finishing around 7-12 next year it is then.

Exactly. We'll probably be more likely in the middle order of the ladder again. Had our shot in 2016 and 2017. Missed the top 4 in 2016 but finally made a GF in 2017 but the Tigers were no fluke and that has showed this year on their way to a repeat (????). I still think we were better in 2016 but bad luck on the ladder was the difference that year. Look back to 2005 and most of 2006 I reckon that was the best Crows team ever .... what a shame they could not win it, McLeod, Roo, Edwards and so and so, players almost impossible to replace, players you get once in a lifetime. These types of teams don't come often.
Agree re 2016, we blew it in that last game against West Coast at home. That was management of injuries and the list as well. Sauce, Jenkins and Brown were all injured for those last few minor round games and finals, yet they were persisted with. We hardly needed to test our depth that year until the end and in the end they went with the injured players who played poorly instead of taking a punt on players fit and in form (i.e. ROB that year who had a couple of games and did alright).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back