• Between ninth and thirteenth

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Between Fourteenth and Seventeenth

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Dead last

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Changed my mind after the weekend - bottom four definitely. It appears we have not improved and once again JLT lulls us into a false sense of security :rolleyes:

Changed my mind after the weekend - bottom four definitely. It appears we have not improved and once again JLT lulls us into a false sense of security :rolleyes:
lol

You know nothing OES

Minimum 9 wins to go from 17, and Carlton (twice more) Melbourne, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Suns still to play again, hopefully we can tick off more than half those 9 wins required without really actually having to beat a significant team, we are looking in a pretty good place right now for a minimum 6th to 8th finish leading into finals..

Minimum 9 wins to go from 17, and Carlton (twice more) Melbourne, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Suns still to play again, hopefully we can tick off more than half those 9 wins required without really actually having to beat a significant team, we are looking in a pretty good place right now for a minimum 6th to 8th finish leading into finals..
Apart from the above mentioned ones we have:

Adelaide at Marvel and Adelaide Oval
GWS in Canberra
West Coast at Marvel
Collingwood at the G
Port in China
Richmond at Marvel
Brisbane at Marvel
Geelong in Geelong
Fremantle at Marvel
Sydney at SCG

I think we are capable of winning any of these games the way we are currently playing but realistically we can win five of the above - so along with our first four, means if we can win all of the first six you mentioned we can get up to fifteen wins.

That might be a slight exaggeration - but given all team's relative current form, I have us beating all six of those teams - we will start favourites against Adelaide next week, Port and Brisbane are a good chance and Sydney looks a lot less daunting than it probably did pre-season. So if we can pinch one of the other seven, that's another way to fifteen.

For what it's worth the Squiggle is predicting us to get to 12 wins and finish in 7th. Let's hope our form holds up over the next month, which will tell us a lot about our prospects this season.
I'd take that.

This week is huge for us I think. Hard to see us missing the 8 at 5-1, but with a really tough 3 weeks to follow, 4-2 guarantees us nothing.

21-1 season, first.

In all seriousness, I think we will win 13 & finish 5-8.

That would be a remarkable result given our season last year.

I had us around 5th and I tried not to be too generous with our wins.

I had us around 5th and I tried not to be too generous with our wins.
I did the ladder predictor last night and depending on the result of one game (Richmond at Docklands) I had ya finishing 3rd (if we won) or 7th (if we lost)

I still think we will end up anywhere from 7-12th. Somewhere in the middle six.

And I didn’t expect us to be 4-1. If we beat Adelaide, I’ll cancel my September holiday. I’m very, very confident of us making the finals if we’re 5-1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol

You know nothing OES
OES don't worry most of our Big Footy Saints never gave us a chance , the thing is now is to keep on building the team to become a power house for years to come.
We have to keep the same team and only make minimal changes to the side each week , which will occur due to injuries and form.
For instance this week we get McKenzie back as Geary is out.(like for like - 2 of the best runners in the team - but Geary will be a big loss)

We will be getting more injuries for sure and this is when we slowly bring in White , Phillips , Hunter , Hind , Coffield , Joyce , Marsh , Hannebery back into the fold.
Thank god now we have a decent team list and now have the players who are starting to blossom into top line players.
I still feel Acres is a guy that just totally opens up play when he off loads the ball and with the clean skills of Billings and Gresham we can cause damage to every team.
If these guys can stay in good touch ,with Steven , Ross , Steele , Newnes and our back line stays solid we could do anything.

We make finals this year , but the following years our team will be stronger as our youth get stronger - Hunter Clarke , Coffield , M.King , Bytel , Clavarino .
I would put money on that we will secure a very good player this coming offseason as well .

things are coming together

it's just good not hearing the negative comments about another rebuild , weak squad with no depth etc
Amazing what a good coach , fitness and confidence can do for a club.

Reckon our kids will run out of petrol in the second half of the season.

Injuries a concern.

Unless we pull a miracle with Marsh etc, I'm looking at finishing 9-11.

Prove me wrong!
I agree a bit mate. We've got a really inexperienced group right now. I haven't done the maths but I'd think we've been less experienced than almost anyone in the comp this year?

I don't think we'll be able to keep it up all year but hopeful we can get enough wins to sneak into the 8.

Feel like we're a massive chance against Adelaide, their confidence about performing at Marvel wold be low after NM game. Our defensive structure will prevent them from getting easy goals. Then, I reckon we're an even bigger chance against GWS (somehow), the boys match up well against them and will be completely amped up knowing a strong performance interstate against a great team could make or break the season. Similarly, GWS might underate us and not show up.

West Coast is the same deal but I feel like our conservative ball use and long kick percentage will play into Barass, McGovern's hands.

Collingwood at the G is a big ask but our gameplay focusses (strong defensive structures and hard running) suit the width of the ground.

So I'm feeling 2-2 is an awesome outcome, any of us would have taken 6-3 heading into Carlton round 10.

Reckon our kids will run out of petrol in the second half of the season.

Injuries a concern.

Unless we pull a miracle with Marsh etc, I'm looking at finishing 9-11.

Prove me wrong!
The majority of the players who have been most influential in our wins are the players aged between 21-25 - JB, Gresh, Acres, Lonie, Steele, Sinclair etc. - so they have all had enough pre seasons under their belts to perform for a whole season.

Marshall and Battle both playing key position roles could fade out as the season goes, but Battle has always had an elite tank which should help him.

Feel like we're a massive chance against Adelaide, their confidence about performing at Marvel wold be low after NM game. Our defensive structure will prevent them from getting easy goals. Then, I reckon we're an even bigger chance against GWS (somehow), the boys match up well against them and will be completely amped up knowing a strong performance interstate against a great team could make or break the season. Similarly, GWS might underate us and not show up.

West Coast is the same deal but I feel like our conservative ball use and long kick percentage will play into Barass, McGovern's hands.

Collingwood at the G is a big ask but our gameplay focusses (strong defensive structures and hard running) suit the width of the ground.

So I'm feeling 2-2 is an awesome outcome, any of us would have taken 6-3 heading into Carlton round 10.
If we could get out of this next four week block 2-2, then the lid can officially come off. This will tell us whether we have a sustainable and highly competitive game plan or if we are just early pretenders.

Funnily enough, I think it's better for us that Adelaide had a big win last week because it should help cover up some of the cracks they have been experiencing this season.

Back