Preview Where will the crows finish in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything could happen. If Walsh turns out to do a Hinkley, we could finish 3rd. Unlikely though, I think more like 7th to 12th.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Maybe we'll get a Walsh 'spike'. Or we could drop lower if the playing group takes a while to adapt to the new coach, individual players regress, injuries etc.

I guess I'll play it safe and say somewhere mid table again.

Wild guess at this stage, obviously...

7th after sliding late in the year. 4th will be a realistic expectation for much of the year. We'll win our elimination final against a team we expected to finish above at the half way point of the year and play a team in the Semi who was expected to make the GF. Will lose a close one and the season will be declared a success by the media, with the exception of old mate Rucci.

It's all about 2016 though. If we make finals, get the squad excited about playing in the new system, and we manage to re-sign the holy trinitym in 2015, that's a win.

Top 8.
Fix our defensive pressure, find another key back, better foot skills and decision making and get it to our forwards...not a problem in the world, heck 1-4 if they all buy in during the preseason.
Our draw should be fairly favourable....4-7 is very achievable.

Top 8.
Fix our defensive pressure, find another key back, better foot skills and decision making and get it to our forwards...not a problem in the world, heck 1-4 if they all buy in during the preseason.
Our draw should be fairly favourable....4-7 is very achievable.
One number only not between this and that. I said 7

5th or 6th.
With the new fixture format, we know who we are playing twice.
So the bottom 6 we play once, whether at home or away we should win all 6 - Carlton, WB, Bris, GWS, Melbourne and St.Kilda. 6 wins
The top 6 we will play once. Haw/Syd = loss. Then Geel/Freo/NM, home =win, away = loss. (predict 1 home, 2 away) 1 win
PA we play twice, 1 win / 1 loss. 1 win
The middle group we play twice (except one for the PA second game).
Coll/Ess/GC home=win, away=win. (minus one home game for the PA match) 5 wins
Rich/WC home=win, away=loss. 2 wins

We should be aiming for 15 wins. To allow for one extra loss, we finish on 14 wins, maybe 5 th or 6th.

5th or 6th.
So the bottom 6 we play once, whether at home or away we should win all 6 - Carlton, WB, Bris, GWS, Melbourne and St.Kilda. 6 wins
The top 6 we will play once. Haw/Syd = loss. Then Geel/Freo/NM, home =win, away = loss. (predict 1 home, 2 away) 1 win

We should be aiming for 15 wins. To allow for one extra loss, we finish on 14 wins, maybe 5 th or 6th.
I'm with you on this one, home final here we come!

5th to 8th

We should have finished in this area this year, but underachieved. Heads rolled for this continued failure and they should have.

I don't delude myself by thinking we are presently a flag threat. Yes we have good qualities, but we also have deficiencies to fix: ruck backup, defenders, outside run and a perceived lack of depth. They are well noted by new management, but will take time to amend.

We are miles better than the bottom eight teams, especially the bottom four, even though results said otherwise.

Dream 2015 season with a remote possibility

We will finish 5th, after round 10 we will be 3rd but then tex,danger and sloane would have resigned. we will slightly drop away after that but secure ourselves in the top 6 after a 43 point win against the Eagles at Patterson in round 23. We'll win our elimination final by 40 points and win our semi by 5 points but lose to port adelaide in a prelim by 1 point. Every journalist will call our season a success expect for rucci who rights another article about how crows fans wish they were port.

Best and fairest- Brad Crouch
Best Club Man- Rory Sloane
Leading goal kicker- Tex(75 goals)
Leading brownlow votes(Danger 28 votes (winner)
M crouch to finish 2nd in rising star

All australian nominees- Walker, Sloane, Danger, Jacobs, Crouch, talia, smith

Crows 2nd favourites for 2016 season

Talent-wise, I think we sit about 6th-10th.

Where we finish will depend on the new coach and staff, injuries/suspensions and good luck/bad luck during games. Also dependent on the fortunes of other teams.

We'll be able to make more solid predictions when the draw comes out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol look at Collingwood's version of this thread if you want a laugh.:D

Some guy thinks that the addition of Greenwood and the departure of Beams will help their midfield :drunk:

Some of them believe top 4 is theirs to lose. :drunk:

I'm going to take a punt and say...

6th

bookmark it.

(1) Hawks & Swans
(2) Port Freo Roos
(3) Cats Tiges Pies Eagles
(4) Bombers, Suns, Lions
(5) others

i reckon
a good run with injuries puts us in band (2) 3rd-6th
an average run with injuries 4th-8th
a poor run with injuries in band (3) 6th-9th

i see improvement on 2014's 10th placing.

Smokey improver (Demons)
5th or 6th.

VSTone and Tarasque36 are on the money, I think - subject to unusual fixture quirks and/or monster injury tolls.
I'd change VST's order a bit:
(1) Hawks & Swans
(2) Port & Roos
(3) Cats, Freo, Tigers & Eagles
(4) Suns, Lions, Pies
(5) others
so for me a good year puts us 3rd to 5th and not so good 5th to 9th

hmmm new coach, new voice, new game plan.. tex with another pre season under his belt after his knee reco. depends on our fixture.
if we get a tough start again like this year we are shot.
we need a couple of cruisey games to start the year to buold confidence.
Not many teams drop out the 8.. only 2 changes per year on average. i can see Essendon dropping out and Richmond maybe.
i think we will finish between 7th-11th. win between 11-13 games we will.
Sydney
Port
Hawks
Fremantle
North
Geelong
Collingwood
Adelaide

Richmond
West coast
Gold coast
Carlton
Melbourne
GWS
Bulldogs
Essendon** (might struggle if they cop suspensions) if they dont cop it they will finish 10th
Saints

We won't drop below 10th but I'm not expecting miracles. Walsh's tenure will be a slow build. A complete culture shift takes time. In fact, I hope it isn't an immediate burst but a slow increase in competitiveness and consistency. I want sustained success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back