Which club has the worst guernsey?

Which club's guernsey is the worst?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well for Richmond I didn’t like the one with the tiger head on it. I also prefer our current yellow stripe to the orange one we used to have.
Have a local team whose jumper is the yellow one as at one stage there were 2 Tiggers teams. They were referred to as the Yellow Bellies by the rival team I played juniors with

Interestingly, the two football teams they have similar colours too that come to mind are AS Roma in the Serie A, and the Spanish National Team. Both their reds and yellows are considerably darker than Gold Coast. Heading towards Brisbane Lions shades.
Watford has yellow and red similar to the Suns, but they also mix it up with black, and yellow is their primary colour.

The Suns red and yellow is McDonalds, and that don't look good.
The red and yellow is supposed to match surf lifesavers rather than McDonald's, but I agree it can look garish if not done well.

I reckon Gold Coast should make their primary colour gold/yellow.
I agree. I've always thought dark gold and black (New Orleans Saints colours) would be a great colour scheme for a team. Doesn't really fit with the sun motif though I guess, black would have to be a secondary colour. Il

Instead, maybe the Suns should fully embrace the surf lifesaver look and go with a yellow jumper and red shorts. Can invert it for the clash. Then they need a better logo.

Watford has yellow and red similar to the Suns, but they also mix it up with black, and yellow is their primary colour.

The red and yellow is supposed to match surf lifesavers rather than McDonald's, but I agree it can look garish if not done well.

I agree. I've always thought dark gold and black (New Orleans Saints colours) would be a great colour scheme for a team. Doesn't really fit with the sun motif though I guess, black would have to be a secondary colour. Il

Instead, maybe the Suns should fully embrace the surf lifesaver look and go with a yellow jumper and red shorts. Can invert it for the clash. Then they need a better logo.

I was thinking more of clubs that had red as the predominant colour with yellow/gold as trim. Watford have yellow and red, but their strip is completely different to Gold Coast. Another that comes to mind now is Kansas City Chiefs, however, it's a predominantly red shirt with white and yellow trim, and white pants. The yellow on KCs uniform is like the blue on GCs. Yellow and red in the proportion and shades of GC doesn't work well.

1715295677837.png

I understand it's supposed to resemble life savers. It doesn't work for a football uniform.

Isn't New Orleans Saints practically Richmond?

I wouldn't say so.

View attachment 1984373

View attachment 1984374

Dark gold and fluoro yellow are two very distinct colours to me. If they're too similar, then surely the Suns colour scheme is with the Crows too, the only difference is the shade of blue.

Yes, you can tell the different between the NO gold and the RIC yellow. The jersey/guernsey and the colour scheme are similar. Gold Coast and Adelaide isn't really a comparison given one is predominantly navy blue and the other is predominantly red.

Yes, you can tell the different between the NO gold and the RIC yellow. The jersey/guernsey and the colour scheme are similar. Gold Coast and Adelaide isn't really a comparison given one is predominantly navy blue and the other is predominantly red.
A team could use dark gold as their main colour rather than black though.

In no particular order:

Port - White number panel on the back is unnecessary and can make it difficult to contrast with. Go back to all black back with white numbers.

Collingwood (Predominantly black or home strip only) - White still the dominant colour on the front. Needs thinner white stripes. Wish they would go back to the whiter strip as their preferred kit. Looks so much better.

Sydney - Hate the red back. Revert to the white back with red numbers. South's kit was classier.

GWS - The colours are fine but the charcoal heavy front with the orange back is a shithouse arrangement. As with the above, jumpers with a different major colour front & back are stupid. The font of the G and it's off centre placement looks garbage.

Adelaide (The alternate jumper with the big dark off centre crow on the front) - Too artsy and helps defeat it's own purpose.

Melbourne (The alternate royal blue jumper) - Doesn't do enough. Make it lighter blue.

Hawthorn - Think it may have been scrapped (hopefully) but the alternate kit that had the white front with the brown back. Plus the double whami of a hawk's head off to the side. Forget all this poos and wees dribble, I think Hawthorn's classic strip is a beauty...

No. Would rather see the diamonds one and that is possibly the worst one ever created for any club

Brisbane Broncos celebrated their diamonds this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back