White Chocolate Dynasty 2023/24 (Yr1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking to both shop my role guys like Reaves & Huerter or stars like Bane For picks/prospects. Or going the other way and trading my draft picks and young players such as Peyton Watson, Hendricks, Aldama, Podziemski, Sochan & maybe even Jabari smith, Jalen Johnson or Lively for some stars in their prime (24-30) I'd be keen to get some talks going .

Currently very much stuck in the middle in terms of my picks, talent etc and I rly hate being In the middle so if I can make a few trades with young teams and gut some of my young talent and upcoming picks to improve my outlook for next season to push up into the top group if contending teams that would be great.

Or just as happy to go the other way, just gotta get our of bball purgatory, Squirrels are fiercesome they aren't meant to live like Wizards or Bulls and living that way for years results in Squirrels developing many issues...

Reckon I'll end up as a mediocre team for eternity from here.
It's a marathon not a sprint, but ye its rly hard w roto to come back, in h2h if ur a top 6 team u always have a shot but in roto its much more difficult. Having said that, the top couple teams have some old superstars and some young players and u get no prizes for 2nd. So if u think that way maybe u wanna consider trading vets for young guys to contenders and going that way. I mean obv u do whatever u want but theres always ways to become relevant in dynasty albeit sometimes it can take years lol. Theres also a transformative draft not this yr but next yr.

Sorry guys I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but I would appreciate some impartial opinions on a hypothetical trade in a dynasty points league.

I have Ja Morant, been carrying him all year and still (this year) am the equal 2nd best team, I've been knocking back bad trade offers for him all year because why sell out such an asset to still probably come 2nd?

Anyway this one I am considering because it gives me an outside chance at the title and (I think) isn't that much of a downgrade in the future.
I trade Ja and 2nd round pick for Garland and 1st Round pick (should be around pick 4-7).
IMO garland value is way down atm but Donny should leave Cleveland go next year or the following and Garland should be back at allstar level, I think with high usage he is capable of just as good as Ja because he gets more assists, steals and less TOs.
Personally I thought Garland was on a very steep trajectory before the Mitchell trade but his is only my opinion and Ja is guarantee all nba players for another 5 years at least (presuming he sorts out his personal problems.....)

what do you think?

Never played in a points league but depending on your league's settings I assume Morants value is higher than in a Category league.
In a Category league this is a no-brainer to me, Garland is significantly better long term.
In points you'll have to check you settings but I would do it. A better shot at winning this season, and a good rookie next season.

Btw, you should play Category leagues, much better for fantasy.

Never played in a points league but depending on your league's settings I assume Morants value is higher than in a Category league.
In a Category league this is a no-brainer to me, Garland is significantly better long term.
In points you'll have to check you settings but I would do it. A better shot at winning this season, and a good rookie next season.

Btw, you should play Category leagues, much better for fantasy.
Thanks for the feedback,
Haha I have ignored the trade because for a couple of days to think about it and play actual hoop.
Turns out in the mean time he has sweetened the deal twice
Ja and my 4th round pick for garland and his 1st lol

I think that's a go

On SM-A127F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey there Chocolatiers!
A good inaugural season in progress so thanks all.
As expected, it seems Supersonics will be hard to chase down this season but surely age will slow them down next year?

Below are the current draft position standings.

Screenshot_20240302_090009_Samsung Internet.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I'm here, I want to outline key dates for our league next season...

Intention to return '24/'25 - April 16
Set '24 Draft order based on current rosters - May 1
'24 Draft lottery and finalise order - May 3
Off-season

Confirm returning Managers - Sept 15
Declare contracted and unrestricted players - Oct 1
'24 Draft - Oct 5 -

Season begins Oct 20something...

Off-season

'24 Draft - Oct 5 -

Count me in long term :)

Off-season

'24 Draft - Oct 5 -

You can tell by my team I’ll be here for about 10 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As we wind down the last games of our inaugural season...
Well done everyone for staying engaged, hope you've enjoyed our first year.

By the end of the regular season, 16 April, please jump on here and post your intention to return next season.
Following that we have a 2wk trade period before I set next years draft order based on your top 10 player's averages/game. So there is an opportunity to alter your draft position before May 1st

As we wind down the last games of our inaugural season...
Well done everyone for staying engaged, hope you've enjoyed our first year.

By the end of the regular season, 16 April, please jump on here and post your intention to return next season.
Following that we have a 2wk trade period before I set next years draft order based on your top 10 player's averages/game. So there is an opportunity to alter your draft position before May 1st

I’ll be back.

Congratulations Supersonics on winning the inaugural White Chocolate Dynasty Cup.
And a competitive second place Gamewell Gunners who gave it a serious shake.

Two weeks now untill I set draft positions and run the lottery for the bottom 4 teams.

The Worms would be willing to move some of my Vets for young prospects and maybe jump into the lottery. Wendell Carter & Cam Johnson in particular are available.

Hmm stopped getting notifications sorry. Congrats on the win Helios! Back for next yr Bugsy... My young core all look quite good, whether itll ever carry over to being a winning roto team is a diff question lol but they all look like good NBA players with bright futures.

Sorry - forgot to respond here.

Good battle Sonics…just couldn’t catch you in the end. After a second place finish, the Gunners will definitely be returning. Ridin’ the Pine and the Baked Potatums are my buddies and I’m sure they’ll both be back as well. I’ll text them to post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back