Who do the commentators support?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
I don't know if this has been done before, but I would be interested in who some of the commentators support.

Hudson is a Geelong suppoirter, but I would be really interested in some of the others, inc Sheehan, Wilson, Robinson etc.

Thanks in advance.

Everything in the 1st reply is correct i think. I was sure Sheehan was a melbourne supporter, but may be wrong.

Yeah, you and the first poster who replied are correct. Mike Sheahan is a Melbourne supporter. As for Caroline Wilson, her father is a former Richmond president and she has been following the Tigers since she was a kid.

i heard cometti ,say on tv once, that he is a bulldogs supporter. he played reserves for them in the early seventies

Yeah, you and the first poster who replied are correct. Mike Sheahan is a Melbourne supporter. As for Caroline Wilson, her father is a former Richmond president and she has been following the Tigers since she was a kid.

no he doesnt

in the 150 years of football our game part one he wrote an article here are a feq quotes from sheehan.

"my love affair with the game began before i started school. My parents took me to melbourne games when the demons were the dominant team. Yep the same Melbourne." ok so before he started school

" i had a brief flirtation with Geelong after meetin premiership centre-half back John Hyde at a charity dat at Werribee, when he promised to send me something in the mail" they were his socks

"then the young local star Bernie Lee started playing for Footscray...i must have driven him crackers throughout his seven season careeer... on Grand final day in 1961 he and team mate Bob Spargo carried me (with my broken leg from a football injury) to my seat in the olympic stand.

and finally and i quote he wrote

" thats the background that means i ended up barracking for the game rather than a club."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no he doesnt

in the 150 years of football our game part one he wrote an article here are a feq quotes from sheehan.

"my love affair with the game began before i started school. My parents took me to melbourne games when the demons were the dominant team. Yep the same Melbourne." ok so before he started school

" i had a brief flirtation with Geelong after meetin premiership centre-half back John Hyde at a charity dat at Werribee, when he promised to send me something in the mail" they were his socks

"then the young local star Bernie Lee started playing for Footscray...i must have driven him crackers throughout his seven season careeer... on Grand final day in 1961 he and team mate Bob Spargo carried me (with my broken leg from a football injury) to my seat in the olympic stand.

and finally and i quote he wrote

" thats the background that means i ended up barracking for the game rather than a club."

Thanks for the replies everyone, but I am guessing that swansrule100 may have it right.

I was in the AFL members area on Saturday afternoon, and saw Mike Sheehan sitting a few seats away from me.

To me he seemed to be supporting the Bulldogs, and seemed to be even happier when Aka did a few nice things. He was there with who I would presume was his wife who was also quite happy with the way things were going (unlike myself:() I guess while he may support the game, he would still have a soft spot for them.

I thought McAvaney went for the Roos :confused:

Maybe just me remembering South Aussies around me in the late 90's, yelling 'you're biased McAvaney, Roos supporter!' I just thought he was.

commetti is a west perth supporter. i dont think he supports any afl team, even though he claims to have a soft spot for the dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back