• Gold Coast

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • GWS

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 25 18.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarkson may or may not want to coach another team. He might step aside for a couple of years and then come back.

Certainly possible. But he will be the number 1 target for every club that sacks a coach or even has a coach struggling over the next few years. He will have to resist each time.

There will be a lot of mid-tier coaches looking over their shoulders next year and a lot club administrator reassessing what they currently have.

Typically when teams change coaches, the candidates are either untried or past their used by dates.

Candidates aren't usually legends with a proven track record of success.

What no-one really knows is if Clarkson is prepared to walk at the end of this season or if he genuinely wants to see out the contract ??

Once that has been established, then it may be easier to speculate on what may take place.

Will depend how good an offer he gets surely. He will certainly say he is staying til the end of his contract but at the same time he does have to think of his future. If an offer he can't refuse comes up it's hard to see him not taking it now.

Teague could go undefeated and would still be sacked by Carlton if Clarkson was available.

Just a question of whether Clarkson wants to go there. He’ll have no shortage of suitors.

You are probably right, be a shame for Teague if he does get them clicking & gets moved on anyway, that might not sit well with Clarkson.

Makes no sense

Hawks will be sh*t again in 2022

Pies should throw a 7 year contract to Clarko and see what happens

Its all about $, he is contracted probably on 1-1.5mil+ he isnt walking away from that, and the hawks are not paying him out to simply walk to another club

Best outcome for the hawks would be for Collingwood (or another club) to come for him now and would save the hawks a million dollars.

Horse and Clarko are very close mates. A co-coaching role might tempt them as a way of extending their lives in a tough caper. With the Bloods almost sure to extend Buddy's contract by another year that would be an added attraction.

The Press Conferences would be a hoot.

If this is what we're thinking, it's a smart move by all parties. Clarko will be nearly 55 at the end of 2022. While too many young coaches have been chewed up due to inexperience over the years, coaching is still a young mans' caper.

This is Clarko trying to protect his legacy by not going to do a Malthouse, Sheedy or Pagan (and flopping elsewhere), but maintaining his legacy here at Hawthorn.

Super smart move. Give Mitch a chance to develop properly and take the reigns.

I disagree on this, the demands and hours have shown that coaching is not suitable for anyone with a young family. The successful coaches have kids' that are at least teenager's

Hawks are gonna be a Bottom 4 side next year

Why would he stick around if Carlton/Collingwood offer him the world

JGK will be a sight to behold when he tries to break his contract

Collingwood are in the exact same position as Hawthorn list wise. So why would Clarkson go from one rebuilding team to another?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horse and Clarko are very close mates. A co-coaching role might tempt them as a way of extending their lives in a tough caper. With the Bloods almost sure to extend Buddy's contract by another year that would be an added attraction.

The Press Conferences would be a hoot.
The soft cap might be an issue

You are probably right, be a shame for Teague if he does get them clicking & gets moved on anyway, that might not sit well with Clarkson.

I am not as sympathetic in that regard as you may be, Teague made a rod for his own back by putting players in positions that they were not best suited to which contributed to the poor onfield results.

If Clarkson was to come to Carlton (and I'm not fussed either way), you can bet that every player on the list would be thoroughly reviewed and then used to maximum affect onfield. He has a good eye for the skills side of a player plus the tactical nous to use those assets in conjunction with the rest of the team.

The soft cap might be an issue

That's what COLA is for... what? We don't have it. Now you tell me

Neither are short of a quid, so each could adjust for the other.

But I was just day dreaming.

Blues are conducting a review that wont finish until the end of the year, however Pies have a vacant role and would be a huge tick for Korda if he could land Clarkson prior to the EGM.. Just not sure if Clarko would sign at Collingwood whilst so much instability in the back office.

If I were Clarkson I would be a bit annoyed to be honest. I don't think it will but this sort of thing has the potential to become quite toxic. Basically telling your girlfriend that you are breaking up with her and moving your new girlfriend in before your ex even has a chance to move out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who gets Clarkson? - Now with poll

Back