NFL Who is the Best Young QB?

Which qb would you take?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's merely speculation anyway. If we'd asked this towards the end of last year Kap and RG3 would have featured prominently and now look at them.
Neither would have featured high in my list.

Until you can prove you're comfortable in the pocket you'll have a short shelf life in this league.

I don't know that Tanehill is untouchable. I just think no one gives a s**t, as I noted last week his name hadn't been mentioned in this thread.

I was being a bit facetious in bumping this thread. I'm not sure what Foles has to do before people are prepared to believe in him. In a lot of cases it looks like trolling. he's done very little wrong since he became started. in fact, one game aside, he hasn't done anything wrong.

I'm genuinely interested in what it's going to take - people were much quicker to buy into RG3 last season, and even into McGown this season.

no, he's not at Wilson's level... but on current form he's not far behind Luck.

If he wins a playoff game

It's merely speculation anyway. If we'd asked this towards the end of last year Kap and RG3 would have featured prominently and now look at them.

Yeah agree with that, both have had tough seasons. RGIII with his knee and all the s**t going down around that franchise to me makes this year a write off. If he gets through it healthy it's all good for him, start again next year.

I am 49er fan and love the Kap although i loved what Smith was doing last year as well, a harsh way to lose your job!

Kap has all the tools, hopefully he can keep improving. Crabtree and Manningham back has to help. He needs to get better in the pocket but i think he can do so. He obviously has a good head for the game as it seems the Niners offense is pretty complex, and Kap is given a lot of responsibility and makes a lot of reads at the line etc. I think he'll take time but eventually turn into a very good and complete QB. He has it all, height, speed, arm strength just needs to keep putting it together.

Wilson seems to be all the hype at the moment and their record speaks for itself. I don't get to see as many games as I'd like but seems like theres quite a few good young Qbs around and a few more to come in. Should be some good contests over the next 10 years

One other thing on Kap is he needs to loosen up in interviews. He comes across as a bit of a wank at the moment. You can play reporters with a straight bat without being a dickhead about it. Give the fans something, they're the ones paying your wages.

The problem with scrambling QB's is they scramble when they feel pressure.

More often than not they instinctively react in a predictable way. Teams can work them out.

The QB's that become very good QB's, are those that feel and react to pressure but stay in the pocket. Scrambling QB's will try but the thought is always running through their head.

In a nutshell that's why Foles > Vick.

Unless you just don't have the physical ability to scramble then they just flop and think "don't hurt me, don't hurt me" lol

NFC saints or eagles

If the Eagles can't beat the 3-9 Vikings they will not win in Seattle - actually they will not even get a chance to play in Seattle. So maybe take the Eagles out and find another team.

Saints are also 17-0 down against the Rams. I would have the Panthers and 49's before these 2.

If the Eagles can't beat the 3-9 Vikings they will not win in Seattle - actually they will not even get a chance to play in Seattle. So maybe take the Eagles out and find another team.

Saints are also 17-0 down against the Rams. I would have the Panthers and 49's before these 2.
Playoffs are a different day. Anything can happen on any given day.

Correct - but naming the Eagles and Saints better than the Seahawks looks like a poor call. Losing such important games today puts massive question marks on their claim on the NFC title.
I never said they were better than the Seahawks!!

Merely that I think there'll be a few UPSETS in the playoffs. And the SB often isn't played between the #1 and #1 ranked teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never said they were better than the Seahawks!!

Merely that I think there'll be a few UPSETS in the playoffs. And the SB often isn't played between the #1 and #1 ranked teams.

I just think if we win next week our record at home is very imposing. I am most worried about the Panthers and would be happy to play the Saints or Eagles. Agree with the two number 1 ranked sides making but maybe look to the AFC for the upset - Seahawks V Pats for me.....

I just think if we win next week our record at home is very imposing. I am most worried about the Panthers and would be happy to play the Saints or Eagles. Agree with the two number 1 ranked sides making but maybe look to the AFC for the upset - Seahawks V Pats for me.....
I have a number of SB match-ups I reckon for this season...

bengals-niners (been tipping it for over a decade)
chargers-panthers (based on the eagles home-opener trend)
chargers-saints (based on the eagles home-opener trend + "SB Story")
eagles-colts (based on gut feeling)
packers-chiefs (the rematch 40 odd years later)
eagles-chiefs (based on a "SB Story")

For me, the top four are pretty close and it's a leap beyond that.

- Wilson. At some point credit where credit is due. He's breaking records set by greats - will probably be second on TD passes in first two seasons come the end of the season (only behind Marino) - and that's not including the TDs he rushed for last year. Furthermore, he has done it with a subpar O-line (had 4 backup linemen at one point) and with less weapons than anyone expected (Sydney Rice out of form, no Harvin). He's helped to bring on receivers with him too - Golden Tate has begun to shine, Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse both went from UDFA to starters.
- Luck. Dude is the prototypical pocket passer. He can consistently deliver. Will continue to do the right things, but he has struggled now that Reggie Wayne has gone down; he needs more help on offence to succeed.
- Foles. Admittedly I haven't watched that much of him, but he appears to just 'get' the Chip Kelly offense, and that's going to work wonders now that the Eagles don't need to draft QB and thus can afford to improve their defence.
- Newton. The best short-yardage threat in the NFL as well as a good pocket presence. Dynamic and requires a different playbook but he's worth it. Will need more outside weapons though.
- Tannehill. Getting better and better. NEEDS A GODDAMN O-LINE AT SOME POINT.
- Manuel. Surprised, but he can make a lot of the throws too. Was cruelled by injury this year, but expect he will grow and challenge fairly quickly.
- Glennon. The guy can play, but it's what he can do without a disaster of a coaching situation that is crucial.
- Kaepernick. His legs will mean he's a threat, but he stares down his favourites of Crabtree/Davis/Boldin way way way too much and doesn't go through his reads.
- RGIII. College QB. 'nuff said.

EDIT:
As for the SB, I still have Pats/Seahawks. Biggest threats to the Seahawks in the NFC are the Panthers and the Eagles though - Panthers with that front seven, Eagles with Kelly. But both will still have to match the 12th Man.

AFC seems like nobody wants to bloody win it. Chargers won't make it now though. Probably still the Pats, but the Bengals, the Broncos or the Chiefs wouldn't surprise.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with anointing QBs that have benefited from great defences. Whilst Wilson and to a lesser extent Kap have excelled, they've never had to carry the team.

IMO Luck has the potential to become an all time great. From there down a lot of them look the goods, but we still need to see more on. As far as it goes, I'm hard headed about Foles and his chances. He's as much a reason for our wins as anyone- he made Riley freaking Cooper a weapon.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with anointing QBs that have benefited from great defences. Whilst Wilson and to a lesser extent Kap have excelled, they've never had to carry the team.

IMO Luck has the potential to become an all time great. From there down a lot of them look the goods, but we still need to see more on. As far as it goes, I'm hard headed about Foles and his chances. He's as much a reason for our wins as anyone- he made Riley freaking Cooper a weapon.
Wilson walked into a 7-9 side and took us to 11-5 and now 12-2. He has to get more credit.

Swap him and luck and are Seattle still 12-2?

Wilson walked into a 7-9 side and took us to 11-5 and now 12-2. He has to get more credit.

Probably 14-0

7-9 suggests it was a competitive team. In actuality weren't they a playoff team that year?

Compare that to teams that other QBs have taken over- the Colts had a 1 win season or something like that. The Eagles last year went 4-12. RG3 took over a basket case etc.

The only QB with a softer landing is probably Kap.

7-9 suggests it was a competitive team. In actuality weren't they a playoff team that year?

Compare that to teams that other QBs have taken over- the Colts had a 1 win season or something like that. The Eagles last year went 4-12. RG3 took over a basket case etc.

The only QB with a softer landing is probably Kap.

They weren't. That was when we had T-Jack and Charlie Whitehurst at QB.

Wilson's worked his butt off to be where he is. He came in with Matt Flynn expected to be the QB, but won the QB contest in preseason. Didn't even take most of the first team snaps in his first preseason. It's not like he's just waltzed in and been handed the job on a platter like Kaepernick, RGIII or Luck either.

Back