Movie Who should be the next Bond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I reckon a female James Bond with all the traditional Bond characteristics would be a hoot. James is a unisex enough name that you wouldn't need to change it. The only necessary change would be replacing the tuxedo with a cocktail dress.

Upper class, arrogant, misogynistic (in this case hypocritical), philandering, alcoholic with a chip on their shoulder and distain for authority.

Maybe the sort who's father treated them as a drinking buddy instead of a daughter. Hell maybe the father is the James Bond we're familiar with and due to his lifestyle frequently absent and they spend most of their childhood at various boarding schools and in the care of nannies because this is James Bond we're talking about and the mother is almost certainly dead.
So you want James Bond as a woman but also either his sister or his daughter, still canes James.

To each their own but I don’t see it.

I can’t see the point of a continuation of the character that changes the dichotomy and essence of that character.

Indiana Jones misogyny and chauvinism isn’t inherent to his character, Bonds is.

I don’t really care, like do whatever I’ll still go watch it I just think this particular instance doesn’t make any sense.

So you want James Bond as a woman but also either his sister or his daughter, still canes James.

To each their own but I don’t see it.

I can’t see the point of a continuation of the character that changes the dichotomy and essence of that character.

Indiana Jones misogyny and chauvinism isn’t inherent to his character, Bonds is.

I don’t really care, like do whatever I’ll still go watch it I just think this particular instance doesn’t make any sense.
I don’t think chauvinism or misogyny were meant to be inherent traits of Bond. He’s the hero, not the villain. I think they wanted him to be a cool ladies man but history shows they wrote it poorly.

I don’t think chauvinism or misogyny were meant to be inherent traits of Bond. He’s the hero, not the villain. I think they wanted him to be a cool ladies man but history shows they wrote it poorly.
I disagree, his attitude towards women has always kind of reflected the times to a degree, it’s just not great because he’s kind of a shitty person. Anyway, I wasn’t angling to get into this discussion.

Make the spin off with a daughter or sister or whatever, that makes sense to me, turning the 60 odd years and 25 odd films of Bond who is distinctly a male character in every way into a woman just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Nah I reckon a female James Bond with all the traditional Bond characteristics would be a hoot. James is a unisex enough name that you wouldn't need to change it. The only necessary change would be replacing the tuxedo with a cocktail dress.

Upper class, arrogant, misogynistic (in this case hypocritical), philandering, alcoholic with a chip on their shoulder and distain for authority.

Maybe the sort who's father treated them as a drinking buddy instead of a daughter. Hell maybe the father is the James Bond we're familiar with and due to his lifestyle frequently absent and they spend most of their childhood at various boarding schools and in the care of nannies because this is James Bond we're talking about and the mother is almost certainly dead.
Would you buy a ticket?

I doubt it. I’m a fan and could picture him in that world (like say a Trevelyan arc or one of those showy popular mogul/philanthropist who turns out to be a villain), but not as James personally.
Just found this 2022 interview in which Johnny scoffed at the idea of being next Bond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long until they announce who they're going with? I'd be happy with Cavill. It's the safest bet. But Taylor Johnson I like as an actor too. But can't picture him as bond imo. Looks too young. The producer did say the are reinventing the franchise so maybe someone younger will hello them with the storyline.

I’ve stated my thoughts on the gender swap.
What if the combine a Bond and body swap movie?

How long until they announce who they're going with? I'd be happy with Cavill. It's the safest bet. But Taylor Johnson I like as an actor too. But can't picture him as bond imo. Looks too young. The producer did say the are reinventing the franchise so maybe someone younger will hello them with the storyline.
Nicholas Hoult? I saw him in Renfield the other night and The Menu recently and reckon he might be one of the most impressive young actors going around.

What if the combine a Bond and body swap movie?

Nicholas Hoult? I saw him in Renfield the other night and The Menu recently and reckon he might be one of the most impressive young actors going around.
Didn't think of him. I'm a huge fan of his. Haas incredible range too as well as a sharp look.

Jacob Elordi (26yo) is obviously storming into calculation, but if I had to pick local experienced thirtysomething-ish antipodean actors (31-42yo) that should at least be looked at for James (or a colleague/villain), I found myself settling on these eight:

Sam Reid
Xavier Samuel
Jacob Collins-Levy
Tom Cocquerel
Michael Dorman
Ashley Zukerman
Devon Terrell
Brenton Thwaites

There are others that could do the debonair action hero thing like Lincoln Younes, Luke Bracey, Alex Russell, the Hemsworths, James Frecheville, dancers like Jordan Rodrigues or Keiynan Lonsdale, Josh Lawson as a lighter Bond, etc. but I’d first put forward that grouping of 8. Basically all of them have question marks and flawed areas, but you’d be curious to see an audition tape from them at the very least and with a heavy-duty bit of bootcamp grooming and careful pitch could do a kind of Bond film. Might be forgetting a few obvious ones in that age range, and obviously internationally there would be many more options (including female 007s)

Last edited:
Cavill should be the choice, he has proven he can do the role with his performances in The Man From UNCLE, Mission Impossible and Argyle. However that is probably the main reason why he wont get the role. The Bond producers have egos and probably want to create a new star rather than give it to an established well known movie star.

Roger Moore could be argued as an exception with his work on The Saint. But that was a TV show and not a movie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back