Movie Who should be the next Bond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cavill should be the choice, he has proven he can do the role with his performances in The Man From UNCLE, Mission Impossible and Argyle. However that is probably the main reason why he wont get the role. The Bond producers have egos and probably want to create a new star rather than give it to an established well known movie star.

Roger Moore could be argued as an exception with his work on The Saint. But that was a TV show and not a movie.
Roger Moore got it after appearing in The Saint, which was a direct rip off of Bond.
Pierce Brosnan got it after appearing in Remington Steele.

If anything, a proven track record in a similar role should be seen as making one more likely, not less likely.

Speaking with Total Film, Cavill — who has long been a frontrunner to play the next 007 — shared that he doesn't think playing the titular Argylle will harm his chances of being cast for the next James Bond movie. "Whether I’m ruled out of Bond because of this or not is up to [franchise producers] Barbara Broccoli and Mr. Wilson," he stated, adding that Argylle was "a fun character" to play.

This is a terrible call. Truly awful.

Starr is incredible in The Boys and was maybe better than that on Banshee but neither of those things is even close to Bond plus hes 48.
Definitely agree.

Dont worry, they wont give it to an actor that will be into his 50s doing his first Bond movie in the 21st century.

I was thinking it would be someone like Tom Hiddleston tbh. Don't know much about this dude, but I hope it turns out alright; love the Bond movies.

I was thinking it would be someone like Tom Hiddleston tbh. Don't know much about this dude, but I hope it turns out alright; love the Bond movies.

Michael Fassbender? did a pretty good job as a pompous Brit in Inglorious Basterds.

10 and 13 years older. They were always going to pick someone in their late 20's to early 30's.

A lot of the names being thrown had aged out of the typical range they go with.

If you were to make picks for the next Bond after this you'd be looking at actors that are in their teens and earlier 20s.

Anyway ATJ is a kickass casting for Bond ;)

It was probably between him and Nicholas Hoult or an unknown and Hoult has signed on for the DC franchise so they probably want someone not tied up to another franchise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad you guys all think he'll be a good fit. To be honest, I've never even heard of him - and I don't think I've seen anything that he's been in. I therefore have no opinion of my own, as to whether or not he'll be any good!
He's been in a crazy number of big movies, I'd have thought you'd have to have seen him in something, though perhaps he stands out less than some actors. Kick-Ass, Godzilla, Avengers 2, Tenet, The King's Man, Bullet Train, and coming up in The Fall Guy and Kraven the Hunter.

He's been in a crazy number of big movies, I'd have thought you'd have to have seen him in something, though perhaps he stands out less than some actors. Kick-Ass, Godzilla, Avengers 2, Tenet, The King's Man, Bullet Train, and coming up in The Fall Guy and Kraven the Hunter.
OK... I've seen some of those - Avengers 2 and The King's Man. He wasn't the lead in either of those movies, so I have no idea which role he played. It's been a while since I watched either of those movies.

James Bond died in the last movie. It wasn't ambiguous. Shame on the producers who facilitated that.
They not only facilitated it, they sacked a director because he was unwilling to do it. The sacked director was 100% right.

The replacement director did a ****ing awful job, producing the worst Bond movie since QoS.

Any links?
Could be a misread... this is the article I read that said the producers would have to resume their search, the implication being they either rescinded or never offered the role in the first place, following the leak that he had supposedly been offered it.

There's a Variety article out now that says there hasn't been an offer but there still may be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back