Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Pyke is appointed, would those who dislike him ever accept him in any circumstances or will he be always treated as a pariah regardless of what he achieves?

I'm indifferent to him. He has his strengths that I appreciate, but I can understand the obvious concerns around his time at the Crows.

If he's appointed, I'd be content with it. Wouldn't lose sleep over it.

It does strike me as rather unusual that pretty much the whole media pack , in an enviroment when Collingwood needs a coach and the biggest name is available , are convinced it's not even a chance. They're not even making sh*t up .........I dunno but to me it seems that there's a very solid consensus that Wrighty doesn't want him at Collingwood. I also have a hard time believing that he desperately wants the job and will go through a process to get it.......something I think we will run regardless , given the recent argy bargy around accountability and process.

I'd be more expecting Clarko to just be handed a job/brown paper bag from Carlton or Gold Coast and if that's the way it goes then I will be happy with whoever we choose ......until I'm not :) I am leaning more and more towards Pyke as the most likely result and I can live with that.
Couldn't agree more , especially with the first part. We are actively looking for a coach whilst Carlton and GC already have coaches but he's apparently no chance to go to Collingwood. I don't get it, they must know something we don't. GW was on TV last week saying he had spoken to Clarko a few times this year already surely their relationship can't be that strained.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m hearing a very strong rumour coming from an ex Carlton player that the Blues have an in principle agreement with Clarkson.

We will see I guess.

If legit, this tells me that Clarkson is doing this to piss Kennett off. Hmm this usually works out well.

Just seems so odd to me. Are they supposedly meaning next year, or the year after? Just imagine Teague actually makes the finals next year and they sack him.
It sounds odd to me too and I have no idea if the rumour is straight after this year. I would imagine it would have to be.

Btw, the ex Carlton player is not my mate, but a mate of a mate. The rumour itself is legit though.

Don’t think clarko will coach next year, I wouldn’t if I was him. His reputation warrants attention.
Don Pyke does not fill me with hope at all, sort of a wannabe DH. Not up to the top job.
At the beginning I wanted a young coach, I wanted Sam Mitchell.
Would now be very happy for us to take a punt with Blake Carracella.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think clarko will coach next year, I wouldn’t if I was him. His reputation warrants attention.
Don Pyke does not fill me with hope at all, sort of a wannabe DH. Not up to the top job.
At the beginning I wanted a young coach, I wanted Sam Mitchell.
Would now be very happy for us to take a punt with Blake Carracella.
It's still Adam Kingsley for me among the "untried" coaches, with strong assistants behind him.

Caracella and Yze are also good alternatives.

That is great lateral thinking but would be difficult to implement.

How would Clarkson know what to offer as best advice unless he observes us during games and training, and spends time getting to know our list and the coach? Coaching is about relationships, whether it's advising the players or the head coach himself.

It's hard to get this right unless Clarko has worked with or knows whoever we appoint and virtually impossible to do remotely (IMO).

EDIT: How would someone like Clarkson deal with offering advice that won't necessarily be followed or acted on?
Maybe he becomes our coach’s Lifestyle Coach?

After getting a bullshit free kick from a bullshit WA umpire, wouldn't even be looking for a coach if not for blatant cheating.

Or the Howe HTB in wc goal square that wasn't paid, another bullshit non free.

Yeah I don't buy into the 'umps lost it for us' - that's loser talk. We were close to 5 goals up, should've won regardless of what anyone thinks of the 'block'.

Unfortunately hindsight will prob let us know who we should have picked

just do the process - pick the best with information available
Won’t guarantee success but give us the best opportunity for success

I’d prefer a well-schooled assistant with lots of experience from different systems
…don’t get mad at me, I have no say in selection

I did the mad emoji coz you said not to.

Or the Howe HTB in wc goal square that wasn't paid, another bullshit non free.

Yeah I don't buy into the 'umps lost it for us' - that's loser talk. We were close to 5 goals up, should've won regardless of what anyone thinks of the 'block'.
It was a WA umpire that later accepted a photo of the incident as a trophy... 5 goals be f***ed.

It's not just a question of the best head coach. It's an amalgam of all sorts of things - playing list, assistants, properly run football dept , club culture etc etc
Being fixated on Clarkson as the "saviour" - may not be the best approach - and I don't necessarily think the club is - some posters seem to be though.
Buckley had to put up with some dysfunctional sh*t - turnover of football managers for one thing.
I get the feeling the club is tackling a whole lot of stuff that needs remediation. A new head coach being the highest profile issue.
PS - don't rule out Harvey staying as an assistant.

Spot on!

It's only the supporters that are angrily desperate, can't blame em but. There's a litany of examples that you'd swear the club is trying to self insert pineapples just to piss us off.

Yeah probably just to bait Pie fans, don't buy into it.

And I'd suggest to stay credible don't solely blame umpires for a GF loss.
We did enough to win without a cheating WA umpire. It was the critical free kick that the entire game hung on, so lets not try and downplay it.

He also payed that free kick the next week in some local *ing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back