Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did enough to win without a cheating WA umpire. It was the critical free kick that the entire game hung on, so lets not try and downplay it.

He also payed that free kick the next week in some local f*n game.

And the Howe one in the goal square? Certain goal? Same result?

Yeah let's not overplay it mate.

sounds like its down to Scott, Pyke & Kingsley.

Kingsley the outsider, though seems to be impressing a lot in interviews. So will come down to going for an experienced coach with runs on the board, and a safer option to steer a massive club out of the administrative sh*t show that we are now in, or an untried assistant, who seems to be saying and doing all the right things, but whom the club knows the least about...

Would be happy with any of them, but feel that Scott has a few question marks around his desire, whilst gut feels tells me that Kingsley will be a very good coach one day. Temperament and cv build ticks all the boxes, though plenty of star assistants have failed (Dew, Watters, Neeld, Bolton, Teague). Pyke I'd be happy with, but am also not sure he is 100% hungry to coach again, with another family upheaval required, and after all of the past s**t he has been through. No idea how good he really is, but ideal scenario would be if the club showed some fortitude, picked Kingsley, and he went on to be a gun...

sounds like its down to Scott, Pyke & Kingsley.

Kingsley the outsider, though seems to be impressing a lot in interviews. So will come down to going for an experienced coach with runs on the board, and a safer option to steer a massive club out of the administrative sh*t show that we are now in, or an untried assistant, who seems to be saying and doing all the right things, but whom the club knows the least about...

Would be happy with any of them, but feel that Scott has a few question marks around his desire, whilst gut feels tells me that Kingsley will be a very good coach one day. Temperament and cv build ticks all the boxes, though plenty of star assistants have failed (Dew, Watters, Neeld, Bolton, Teague). Pyke I'd be happy with, but am also not sure he is 100% hungry to coach again, with another family upheaval required, and after all of the past sh*t he has been through. No idea how good he really is, but ideal scenario would be if the club showed some fortitude, picked Kingsley, and he went on to be a gun...
Just not Scott please!!!

I donā€™t like Brad Scott as a person.

But thatā€™s not a sufficient reason to not want him as coach. Maybe his indifferent results at North Melbourne is a better reason although he wasnā€™t terrible.

Iā€™d still prefer Pyke or Kingsley though.
I didn't like Mick Malthouse as a person. Still don't but he was at the helm in 2010

I didn't like Mick Malthouse as a person. Still don't but he was at the helm in 2010

Exactly my point.

People need a better reason than ā€œ I donā€™t like himā€.

Scottā€™s not my preference but heā€™s far from the worst choice and deserves to be on the short list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the nicest footballers i have ever met. Scott spent time chatting to me and my 3 children when they were young. Took photos with them and made them laugh.
He can coach but far from my first choice.

I still have an open mind and will back the club and selection committee on this. Reality is Leigh Matthews was a brutal player on the field. I hated him. He was genius coach and thank christ we got him. Turned our club around and make no mistake the 1990 flag was not easy given our history.

Mick Malthouse was not liked by many before he came to Collingwood. I had the pleasure of chatting with him once before he came to Pies. He was charming and engaging.

Having 2 flags in 60 years is a hard statistic to read given how many times we have just missed out on a flag.

Any coach we get for the next 3-5 years will no doubt try to be the best, will probably get beaten up by the media and supporters and will most likely take 1-2 years to find their feet through our board elections, rotating fixtures and upset fans.

If we plan for the 3-5 year mark to grab a flag then who knows what dynasty might come of it. I hate to say fingers crossed, but I'm sure we'll have a great few years as we rise again.

Go Pies!

We did enough to win without a cheating WA umpire. It was the critical free kick that the entire game hung on, so lets not try and downplay it.

He also payed that free kick the next week in some local f*n game.

The free against Grundy in the centre, after weā€™d gotten two goals up again in the last, which resulted in the Vardy goal, was more inexplicable to me and more game-changing. Iā€™ve never to this day even heard an attempt at an explanation as to what it was for.

Pyke I'd be happy with, but am also not sure he is 100% hungry to coach again, with another family upheaval required, and after all of the past sh*t he has been through.
It might mean that after how s**t went down last time, heā€™s learned from his mistakes. Might also guarantee he sees the value of quality assistants, so he doesnā€™t ask for too big a contract under the soft cap.

Having worked with MM many moons ago. I dislike the person. But as coach he was good for us until it became all about him. Absolutely loved Bucks as a player, but didn't rate him as a coach. Scott I dislike... but I wonder if the outcome was different if he had at NM the resources that were available to Hawks, WCE or Pies. I want somebody with a bit of mongrel in him. Matthews and Malthouse had it, Scott has it, not sure if I want him but... I don't know enough of Pyke and Kingsley to know if they have it

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Having worked with MM many moons ago. I dislike the person. But as coach he was good for us until it became all about him. Absolutely loved Bucks as a player, but didn't rate him as a coach. Scott I dislike... but I wonder if the outcome was different if he had at NM the resources that were available to Hawks, WCE or Pies. I want somebody with a bit of mongrel in him. Matthews and Malthouse had it, Scott has it, not sure if I want him but... I don't know enough of Pyke and Kingsley to know if they have it

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mongrel....its almost an intangible thing.

Every possible option is an alpha male type and you'd reckon they've all got a touch of mongrel built in. some disguise it better than others. Some let it control them to their detriment. Finding the right balance of mongrel,intelligence. leadership capability and dare I say it, capacity to attract more good luck than bad is the challenge. Both Scott bros have mongrel in spades, they've also got high footy IQs and leadership capabilities. I feel dirty now. I need a shower

Iā€™m hearing a very strong rumour coming from an ex Carlton player that the Blues have an in principle agreement with Clarkson.
Heir apparent:
2539be65f5c506c304b87201ae3c132bdebeff11

Hair apparent:
1628050622826.jpeg

Attachments

• 1628049964388.jpeg
    1628049964388.jpeg
    6.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
The free against Grundy in the centre, after weā€™d gotten two goals up again in the last, which resulted in the Vardy goal, was more inexplicable to me and more game-changing. Iā€™ve never to this day even heard an attempt at an explanation as to what it was for.
I think we kicked the first two to start the last quarter before that. It was a real momentum killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back