Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the best sell on McRae I’ve seen as I don’t think his CV necessarily says he is a good candidate. I’m pleased that he isn’t a former Collingwood player but player development at Collingwood during that period wasn’t great and winning VFL flags for Richmond during that period seems a Monty. I’m happy to bow to the collective wisdom and hope we are on a winner. Matthews a pretty good referee. Either way we need to commit to our next coach and give him a chance to be successful.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's half genuine, half trying to pump myself up for our (likely) next coach

That’s the best sell on McRae I’ve seen as I don’t think his CV necessarily says he is a good candidate. I’m pleased that he isn’t a former Collingwood player but player development at Collingwood during that period wasn’t great and winning VFL flags for Richmond during that period seems a Monty. I’m happy to bow to the collective wisdom and hope we are on a winner. Matthews a pretty good referee. Either way we need to commit to our next coach and give him a chance to be successful.

You say Moore/De Goey/Maynard/Grundy/Elliot turned out well? Plus after the 2014 Draft we did not have many High Draft Picks

Thanks.

Agree with the responses saying to hold off announcing Craig McRae until the dust settles from this announcement

You'd hope we've learnt from the 'do better' report about managing the messaging around big announcements carefully. Time is needed.

assistant?

Highly rated and spoken to by Collingwood regarding its senior coaching vacancy, Tapping was also contacted by St Kilda earlier in the season.
It’s understood he’s considering returning to Melbourne, where the Magpies loom as his most likely destination. Players and staff openly speak of their admiration for Tapping, who was the VFL coach of the year in 2016 before he headed north.

I hope so. I really rate Tapping, was so dirty when the Lions poached him by offering him an assistant role he really deserved to have with us already…

You say Moore/De Goey/Maynard/Grundy/Elliot turned out well? Plus after the 2014 Draft we did not have many High Draft Picks

Without going back over the players we recruited during that period I think the hit rate is pretty low. Can’t put that all on player development as you need the talent to develop. I guess my thinking is someone who is good at that job manages to make something out of nothing. Maynard is the only player outside the top 10 of their draft year (Elliot would have gone high in his year if GWS didn’t have prior access to him).

For the late comers to the thread we know Clarkson is not coaching next year.
There is no need to post the tweets and articles, they were posted earlier.

That came across as a bloke who thought by potting us he'd be held in higher regard by Carlton. The blokes a pinhead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senior Coach: Craig McRae
Backline: Jaymie Graham
Midfield: Dale Tapping
Forward: Adam Kingsley

Is anyone else a little disappointed we couldn’t manage to convince Clarko to coach our great club?
I thought by moving on Bucks when they did and with GW's connections, we would have landed 1 of Clarko or Mitchell and that announcement then was designed to shake the tree.

Good luck to McRae if he gets it and fully behind him but I wonder how he copes as a first time coach with the Collingwood weight of expectations on him. Hope they have some senior experience around him. My biggest concern with him, any newish coach.

Why? Is he too good for us?
Nah, just doesn't suit where we are at.

Now if we were mid table and were close to a flag and needed immediate results, then sure. But we're in a different situation. This is a long term plan. Would he be willing to spend the next 3-5 years rebulding? I'm not so sure.
I'ver always been about the RIGHT person for us, and that's not necessary the most decorated. The most popular or what people on the outside think is the right person.

The right person is the one that fits our young group. Our team and this club. One who is young enough to grow with this group. To go on this journey with us all. Who has patience and not to rush. Someone with no outside expectations, not living under someone's shadow. But someone who can write their own story.

And that's why McRae is the right person for us.

I thought by moving on Bucks when they did and with GW's connections, we would have landed 1 of Clarko or Mitchell and that announcement then was designed to shake the tree.

Good luck to McRae if he gets it and fully behind him but I wonder how he copes as a first time coach with the Collingwood weight of expectations on him. Hope they have some senior experience around him. My biggest concern with him, any newish coach.

No One be Expecting Miracles Straight Away

Nah, just doesn't suit where we are at.

Now if we were mid table and were close to a flag and needed immediate results, then sure. But we're in a different situation. This is a long term plan. Would he be willing to spend the next 3-5 years rebulding? I'm not so sure.
I'ver always been about the RIGHT person for us, and that's not necessary the most decorated. The most popular or what people on the outside think is the right person.

The right person is the one that fits our young group. Our team and this club. One who is young enough to grow with this group. To go on this journey with us all. Who has patience and not to rush. Someone with no outside expectations, not living under someone's shadow. But someone who can write their own story.

And that's why McRae is the right person for us.
I hope you’re right. I see Clarko as the best coach, which is why I believe he was absolutely the best choice.

There is no doubt in my mind that we would have appointed him if he wanted the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back