Who still plays retro games?

Do you still play retro games?

• Yes

Votes: 57 93.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually an old game on a current console for convenience reasons. Just played through ToeJam & Earl from the Mega Drive on Xbox Live for example. Should hook up one of my Dreamcasts.... but AV on my 50 inch drives me crazy :oops:

Have a PC set up in the lounge room for that exact reason. Has roms and emulators on it for Atari, ColecoVision, NES, SNES, GameBoy, MasterSystem. Basically any game i used to have (or played) for those consoles.
Everything after N64 I've kept and just use the actual consoles. Though that PC does have some N64 roms on it (for games i don't have), the controller emulation just seems really difficult to nail.

Inspired by this thread I thought I'd play the 80's arcade TMNT.... used 4 continues in the first level :cool:

i had a snes and nes emulator on my phone recently and tried conquering Battletoads. The emulator had save states which i used a fair bit, to say the least. Can't imagine the frustration that game would cause without cheating.

Still have my SNES although it's currently at my grandma's house...still has my saved games on Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Country 2 & 3 from about ten years ago :D

Absolutely, I currently play retro games more than current gen games.

My consoles:

NES
SNES
N64
GameCube
Wii
Master System
Megadrive
Saturn
Dreamcast
PSX
PS2
PS3
Xbox
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
DS
3DS
PS Vita
Game Gear
Gaming PC

My top used consoles would be SNES, N64, 3DS and PS3.

I have a temperamental NES which likes to work every second or third day. I still fire up my SNES from time to time to play Super Mario All Stars or two player Super International Cricket. I've also got those games as emulators, but its just not the same without the original controllers

I'm also a big fan of GOG

Absolutely, I currently play retro games more than current gen games.

My consoles:

NES
SNES
N64
GameCube
Wii
Master System
Megadrive
Saturn
Dreamcast
PSX
PS2
PS3
Xbox
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
DS
3DS
PS Vita
Game Gear
Gaming PC

My top used consoles would be SNES, N64, 3DS and PS3.

Would this be your room?

game-room.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still like to speed run a few stages of Sonic 1 & 2 on emulators every now and then. Have all the retro stuff emulated, the only retro consoles/handhelds i physically own are the N64, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance & a Sega Saturn in storage somewhere. I am on the hunt for the old consoles, especially a SNES & Mega Drive for both my kids to experience what i played growing up.

Jeez make me feel old. The Oldest Sytsem I have is a NES and I got that in 1988/89
I wasnt born until 1990 so that might explain my lack of retro consoles lol.

i had a snes and nes emulator on my phone recently and tried conquering Battletoads. The emulator had save states which i used a fair bit, to say the least. Can't imagine the frustration that game would cause without cheating.

Love the Save States on Emulators. Espically with Old Games with No Saves

I wasnt born until 1990 so that might explain my lack of retro consoles lol.

Suprise you did not get a SNES as they would of been at the End when you where a Kid

Suprise you did not get a SNES as they would of been at the End when you where a Kid
I never owned one, but I used to play my friends one all the time. I consider bying one every now and again though.

Still like to speed run a few stages of Sonic 1 & 2 on emulators every now and then. Have all the retro stuff emulated, the only retro consoles/handhelds i physically own are the N64, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance & a Sega Saturn in storage somewhere. I am on the hunt for the old consoles, especially a SNES & Mega Drive for both my kids to experience what i played growing up.

Same Here. I have tons of Emulators of the Old Retro stuff.

I have the Usual and Some Odd Ones like Neo Geo CD and TurboGrafx 16. Check them out:thumbsu:

Would this be your room?

game-room.jpg

I wish I had a Set-Up Like That. I play the Games on Emulators on PC

Love retro games! just last month I finished the original Legend of Zelda (virtual console) and had a blast, never played it before as I wasn't around when the NES was going through its glory days. Every now and then I fire up SNES emulators on my laptop and go through the old gems

Have a fairly decent retro collection these days, own;
  • Snes + 2 pads + a shoebox of games, notables including super international cricket, mario all stars, mario kart, f-zero, starwing, final fantasy 4-6, Super ghouls and ghosts, Super punchout.
  • N64 (mint with box, manuals even the original bags) + 3 genuine pads, 1 3rd party, 20 odd games, 2 rumble packs, sold my OOT sadly, but still have banjo kazooie, mario etc.
  • Gameboy original (has original box, manuals etc.) + pocket both in clear, heap of games, most of the classics.
  • Gameboy advance SP + Micro (with box, plastics, manuals etc.) again too many games to bother listing but most of the desirable ones
  • Some knock off megadrive, has 16 games preinstalled and takes carts.

Traded a few games along with a ps3 with one of my friends for a commodore 64 and commodre amiga setup and some games.. ..

love playing the boulderdash games and lemmings.. very simple or basic games but im finding them very addictive along with paradroid.

Back