Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

To answer the thread.

Carlton who are half a game and % ahead despite a mountain on injuries!
Oh the old injury excuse … never hear that before from the Bluebaggers.

Never mind, I. Am certain on the strength of the loss the VICar of Whately will restore the Blues to their number one one ranking.

lcimg-216ef996-8148-4b3b-9c38-74ce3642c540.jpeg

Are you joking? They are highly skilled players who often display remarkable skill.

Ask Brisbane supporters.
Mate credit to them they keep doing it to us. Not sure why you are getting so defensive. Johnson and McReery from memory also kicked similar goals against us in the 2022 game and they won by under a kick.

Collingwood by a goal over a Blues outfit missing 21 of their best 23 isn't anything to brag about imo.
You haven’t read the thread, they’re missing 34 of their best 23

Charlie Curnow got absolutely slaughtered by Darcy Moore. I thought Darce couldn’t defend and King Curnow would kick a bag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate credit to them they keep doing it to us. Not sure why you are getting so defensive. Johnson and McReery from memory also kicked similar goals against us in the 2022 game and they won by under a kick.
It's not so much getting defensive, I just thought it was odd as it implied that Hill and Daicos are usually not skilled. If Frampton bombed a 60 metre goal you might have a point.

You think you are a team worthy of a special performance from a premiership winner?
A lot of good teams will enjoy playing Carlton.

It's GWS, Sydney, Collingwood, Geelong, Melbourne who are the threat.

We beat GWS and will be every chance to knock off one or two of Sydney and Melbourne.

It's not so much getting defensive, I just thought it was odd as it implied that Hill and Daicos are usually not skilled. If Frampton bombed a 60 metre goal you might have a point.
That's not what I implied at all - I just find it frustrating how the close games against us are always decided by low percentage shots at goal like that.

That's not what I implied at all - I just find it frustrating how the close games against us are always decided by low percentage shots at goal like that.
I dunno, I have seen Collingwood swarm and kick plenty of goals like that - including clutch ones - over the past couple of years. If you think they save it for Carlton games exclusively, you just aren't watching enough Collingwood.

We beat GWS and will be every chance to knock off one or two of Sydney and Melbourne.
Much like you were every chance to knock off Collingwood. Until you didn’t. Good teams won’t lose to Carlton this year unless they’re missing key players like the Giants were

Back