Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Their own failure, i.e the political party they follow winning elections.
The media of today is partisan - to be informed you need to question what you are being told, opinion dressed up as news.

I am against all media that dumbs down our society- celebrities & gossip on front page while government corruption is occurring.

I am against all media that promotes disinformation to further the interests of big business over the common good.

I am against all media that lies & covers up the failings of elected politicians because they’re colluding in corruption.

I’m against all media that promotes division in society as part of its business model.

Murdoch’s media is the number 1 offender on all these counts.

Clear enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am against all media that dumbs down our society- celebrities & gossip on front page while government corruption is occurring.

I am against all media that promotes disinformation to further the interests of big business over the common good.

I am against all media that lies & covers up the failings of elected politicians because they’re colluding in corruption.

I’m against all media that promotes division in society as part of its business model.

Murdoch’s media is the number 1 offender on all these counts.

Clear enough?

No problem with you not liking the Murdoch press, its the understanding of what is being said if you simply ignore opinion that does not meet your standards, particularly where it is trotted out as a reason for losing elections.
You wouldnt ignore Dusty if you wanted to beat Richmond.

Do you claim any side of politics is clean in terms of corruption ?

No problem with you not liking the Murdoch press, its the understanding of what is being said if you simply ignore opinion that does not meet your standards, particularly where it is trotted out as a reason for losing elections.

All politicians are corrupt to some extent. This government however, is the worst Australian government in history & needs to go but you wouldn’t know that from the mainstream media.

I am against Murdoch’s media for many more reasons than politics as I elucidated above.

All politicians are corrupt to some extent. This government however, is the worst Australian government in history & needs to go but you wouldn’t know that from the mainstream media.

I am against Murdoch’s media for many more reasons than politics as I elucidated above.

think kwalo must have shares. even voting rights shares and there aren't many of 'em outside the murdoch fam and his m8s

Actual journalism that eviscerates the capture of traditional media & its collusion with the current government.

Is it the journalism or simply because it supports your view of the world?

Is it the journalism or simply because it supports your view of the world?
Thats not a question that leads to any meaningful discussion, just distracts.

Read the article and make up your own mind.

You're welcome to critique any of the information or conclusions presented in it.

Or make an argument as to why its not journalism.

knock yourself out. Go on, engage with the subject matter for once instead of playing the man.

Critique the article.

Thats not a question that leads to any meaningful discussion, just distracts.

Read the article and make up your own mind.

You're welcome to critique any of the information or conclusions presented in it.

Or make an argument as to why its not journalism.

knock yourself out. Go on, engage with the subject matter for once instead of playing the man.

Critique the article.

It'd take more than one article to draw a conclusion, that is why I asked.

False equivalence, and appeal to 'both sides'.

Ignores reality concerning the difference between magnitude of current government's corruption and past corruption.
Ignores the shameless nature of current corruption, which prompts the question: if this is what they are unafraid for us to see, what are they doing where and when we can't?
Ignores the idea that this current government is utterly opposed to scrutiny, where Labor is actively going to the next election with an ICAC as a policy.

Really, you need to try harder. Your posts on this page are little more than 'Look over there!' as opposed to genuine counterarguments.

Last edited:
It’s deal time for Rupert Murdoch
The media baron is a consummate dealmaker who could celebrate his 91st year with a series of transactions that unlock $9 billion in value.

Jan 5, 2022 – 7.58pm
Save
Rupert Murdoch looks set to cap 70 years of corporate dealmaking with a slew of transactions in 2022 designed to unlock the $9 billion in value not reflected in the News Corporation share price.

Ignores reality concerning the difference between magnitude of current government's corruption and past corruption.
Ignores the shameless nature of current corruption, which prompts the question: if this is what they are unafraid for us to see, what are they doing where and when we can't?
Ignores the idea that this current government is utterly opposed to scrutiny, where Labor is actively going to the next election with an ICAC as a policy.

Really, you need to try harder. Your posts on this page are little more than 'Look over there!' as opposed to genuine counterarguments.

No I do not need to try harder, you continue to deny it is a matter of opinion & yours is not somehow above any other.
As I have stated previously I support an ICAC, its only a question of what model. Is it a vote changer or one of those issues that rusted on on both sides WANT to be an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I do not need to try harder, you continue to deny it is a matter of opinion & yours is not somehow above any other.
... because it isn't. My post is an expression of the reality - and reality is not an opinion - that the current government is corrupt on a greater scale than previous governments. This reality has been pointed out to you numerous times, only for you to wave a 'both sides' flag when it is.
As I have stated previously I support an ICAC, its only a question of what model.
I do not believe you.

To me, this sounds rather akin to John Howard's choice of republican referendum question; a stacked question, designed to be rejected. You don't want an ICAC, but you cloak that desire in openness whilst criticising any possible choice presented.
Is it a vote changer or one of those issues that rusted on on both sides WANT to be an issue.
... does it matter? Isn't politics without corruption an ideal worth aspiring for?

Or am I asking the wrong person?

He has a duffel bag full of fallacies he appeals to, most are old and well worn very few are shiny and new.
His style mirrors the current day conservative pollie, strange that, not.

Theres one side in power federally for 9 years now that hasnt introduced an icac, doesnt seem to want to and if it does ever do it - it will be an underfunded toothless tiger.

the alp has for sure got corrupt politicians - thats why we need an icac.

thats why the alp support an icac - thats why every state and territory has one.

theres one party constantly accused of corruption thats assiduously avoiding instigating one.

Theres one side in power federally for 9 years now that hasnt introduced an icac, doesnt seem to want to and if it does ever do it - it will be an underfunded toothless tiger.

thats why the alp support an icac - thats why every state and territory has one.

theres one party constantly accused of corruption thats assiduously avoiding instigating one.
Politicians should having nothing to do with setting up A federal icac. We don’t allow bank staff to setup our security systems to make money safe so why are we even looking at politicians to setup this. Checks and balances should not be overseen by the people that they are trying to monitor. It’s laughable in 2022 we don’t even have it.

Spot on. Will it change votes?

Here in Vic the IBAC model is likely to get a run in the State election later in the year.

Spot on. Will it change votes?

Here in Vic the IBAC model is likely to get a run in the State election later in the year.
An impartial media would be absolutely belting the government over the head with it.

a media happy with corruption wouldnt.

every single man jack of us bar the billionaire class suffers from corruption.

'To the consternation of green groups, the EU is set to include nuclear energy and natural gas on its list of industries eligible for green investments.
The so-called taxonomy for classifying environmentally sustainable investments is intended to create a uniform definition of activities that qualify as green for corporate disclosures, climate-oriented investing and carbon-related government spending. The proposed new list includes nuclear power investments made before 2045, as long as provision is made to dispose of waste. Natural gas-powered plants built by 2030 are permitted as long as they replace heavier-emitting plants. The draft list is unlikely to be changed and reflects a growing recognition of the limits to the speed and durability of the renewable energy transition in its current form.

Australia stands to benefit from the reclassification of gas as a green fuel but faces a new level of competition from US exports. Most of all, policymakers should take heed that the governments that have been the staunchest supporters of the green revolution are starting to learn the lessons that, when it comes to energy security and cost, good intentions are not always enough.'

'To the consternation of green groups, the EU is set to include nuclear energy and natural gas on its list of industries eligible for green investments.
The so-called taxonomy for classifying environmentally sustainable investments is intended to create a uniform definition of activities that qualify as green for corporate disclosures, climate-oriented investing and carbon-related government spending. The proposed new list includes nuclear power investments made before 2045, as long as provision is made to dispose of waste. Natural gas-powered plants built by 2030 are permitted as long as they replace heavier-emitting plants. The draft list is unlikely to be changed and reflects a growing recognition of the limits to the speed and durability of the renewable energy transition in its current form.

Australia stands to benefit from the reclassification of gas as a green fuel but faces a new level of competition from US exports. Most of all, policymakers should take heed that the governments that have been the staunchest supporters of the green revolution are starting to learn the lessons that, when it comes to energy security and cost, good intentions are not always enough.'

<<<The European Union has prompted a furious backlash over plans to label nuclear and gas as "green" investments, with Germany describing the proposal as "greenwashing" and Austria repeating its threat to sue the European Commission.>>>

Shame as id rather nuclear than gas

<<<The European Union has prompted a furious backlash over plans to label nuclear and gas as "green" investments, with Germany describing the proposal as "greenwashing" and Austria repeating its threat to sue the European Commission.>>>

Shame as id rather nuclear than gas

My cynicism of the EU & anything it does is heightened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back