Moved Thread Why does Eddie decide what Jumper Port Adelaide can or can't wear?

They don't even look remotely the same! Yes, they are both stripes, and they are both black and white, but you'd never confuse one for the other!

Collingwoods new jumper, on the other hand, is thinner white stripes on a black jumper, as opposed to the older design, thick black stripes on a white jumper. That's way too much of a coincidence to be accidental, in my book.

While I agree with you that Collingwood certainly seem like they have slowly altered their jumper to look more 'Port'-like (coincidence? On purpose?.. who knows?) but I don't think you can say they don't look remotely the same....

Another example of the egomaniac.

He still even makes snide comments about how it was all his work that stopped the Lions getting concessions.

Collingwood are the greatest team in the AFL so naturally the smaller clubs get bossed around by us
only eddie and collingwood fans are.
if it want for eddie, pimping the pies out at every media opportunity he could, you guys would still be based at victoria park and debt ridden,
eddie is the biggest hypocrite there is. its ok for him and not any one else. when david kosch was first made president of port, he flipped his lid, over the fact david kosch had a daily national tv show & it was a conflict of interest.

geez i wish port fans would make their mind up about who they are.

seems to me there is is the port adelaide magpies a team that has been around for over 100 yrs is full of tradition and is unerversally hated by all and sundry bar its small pocket of fans.

there is also the port adelaide power a team that has been in existence since 1996 that has little tradition and is poorly supported because of its insistence to link itself with the poart adelaide magpies.

it was a huge mistake taking on the name of a suburban footy team a hated one at that. i would have thought they would be doing all they can distance themselves from the sa magpies and give themselves a chance to grow their club.
they want to hope there is never a third team in sa with a name that encompasses the whole state they will be left in the dust, if they havent been already.

why dont people ask the simple question, how can a club struggle so much for numbers to games and members in a two team town. the answer is hitting em in the face.

seems to me there is is the port adelaide magpies a team that has been around for over 100 yrs is full of tradition and is unerversally hated by all and sundry bar its small pocket of fans.

there is also the port adelaide power a team that has been in existence since 1996 that has little tradition and is poorly supported because of its insistence to link itself with the poart adelaide magpies.

it was a huge mistake taking on the name of a suburban footy team a hated one at that. i would have thought they would be doing all they can distance themselves from the sa magpies and give themselves a chance to grow their club.
they want to hope there is never a third team in sa with a name that encompasses the whole state they will be left in the dust, if they havent been already.

why dont people ask the simple question, how can a club struggle so much for numbers to games and members in a two team town. the answer is hitting em in the face.

Jeepers, move over David Koch.

If St Kilda wanted to drop their white and only wear black and red, I'm sure you'd hear Essendon making a stand about it.

If Melbourne or Geelong wanted to drop their other colour, I'm sure Carlton would stand up and say "hey, we are the Navy Blues".

It's only Port Adelaide that try it.

What about West Coast, which added white and navy (probably the two most common colours in the competition) to the blue and gold in their original palette?

No one seems to have raised any eyebrows about that.

Watched 360 last night and David Koch was on their talking about the prison bar jumper to be worn this weekend and Eddie clearly stated this will be the last time ever that port can wear this jumper!

I would like to know what on earth would it have to do with Eddie Mcguire what jumper a club can or can't wear on certain occasions.

Port conceded years ago they would never wear this jumper on a permanent basis, but why on earth if they want to wear it once a year for a certain round should they even need to ask Collingwood or Eddie Mcguire.

Just submit to the AFL who run the game and it is their decision, nothing what so ever to do with Collingwood.

For Eddie to just say this will never happen again is arrogant to say the least and for someone who always comes across as a traditional person it really is pathetic.

He asked ASADA & they said it's legal.

I'd love to see Port wear the Prison Bars all the time because thats what I grew up supporting as a kid watching the Maggies at Alberton. I never really got into the AFL till Port Adelaide's first season in the AFL in 1997, but us wearing the PB every week is never going to happen! It would be good if we could could wear it once every year or two on our terms without having to ask the AFL and Eddie nicely every time we want to wear it!

Our current guernsey is a great guernsey though, and I'm glad we have football guernsey that actually looks like football guernsey, un like some of the terrible designs we have had in the AFL!

That they would seek the approval of the Collingwood president at the time before wearing the prison bars once in a blue moon? Is there a Collingwood supporter on here who has a problem with Port Adelaide pulling on the prison bars once a year, provided it is not against Collingwood?

I mean, you wouldn't want to see a game where Port is wearing the prison bars against Collingwood, but does anyone see the prison bar design and immediately think 'Collingwood'? I certainly don't. As long as it's not done multiple times a year, Port Adelaide should be able to wear the prison bars. And they should go directly to the AFL for approval. And Eddie can go and root his boot.
I wouldn't even have a problem with them wearing it every home game. We can wear our predominantly white uniform away to them without a major jumper clash. I like the prison bars and hope they eventually do get to wear them...but it doesn't seem Port want to for one and also Eddie's got a ridiculous objection to it. People won't see black and white stripes and stop barracking for COllingwood.

this is the mother of all trolling threads.

An agreement was struck - which Port Adelaide agreed to - a long time ago.

:rolleyes:

I fail to see the relevance. West Coast joined the league in 1987 & the fact they live in WA doesn't stop them complaining about travelling more than us.

Friggen douche bags.

My my my

When will you understand that Eddie says this stuff for a reaction and what do you know,he got it by you posting about it on here.

Eddie can fight for whatever he wants when it comes to collingwood,after all he is the COLLINGWOOD president. It is his job

Collingwood the richest club in the land can do what we like.we don't travel often because we actually sell out stadiums, 60,000 for us is a small crowd.

I don't see Geelong leave skilled much or essendon leave Victoria much..

Finally I love Eddie McGuire and everything he does for the club..man is the black and white god.

If St Kilda wanted to drop their white and only wear black and red, I'm sure you'd hear Essendon making a stand about it.

If Melbourne or Geelong wanted to drop their other colour, I'm sure Carlton would stand up and say "hey, we are the Navy Blues".

It's only Port Adelaide that try it.

and when Adelaide stopped Gold Coast colours from being Red blue and yellow with some white

o wait....

Geez, you would think the OP was a Port supporter!

And the loser wears a poo n wee colored jumper. ;)

Now your just taking the piss, unless your shitting me?

Mate, use spell check you illiterate damn! As for ignorance, why should I bother to contribute to it with a response, thought I'd just repost it to highlight your uselessness.

100% pure garbage
Don't write about things you know nothing about

Sorry, I didnt think this got enough attention the first time i reposted it.

Mate, I don't mean to be impolite but have you recently occurred any bumps, abrasions or knocks to the head? Or am I led to believe that you have always been so stupid?

and when Adelaide stopped Gold Coast colours from being Red blue and yellow with some white

o wait....

Yes, yes, i can see your point. I'd recommend wearing a looser style of pant.

Back