gillo94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2014
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
This year will see lots of free agency speculation which includes Sloane, Danger and Langford

Will Langford hasnt signed on yet, but could be number of reasons & doesnt mean wanting to leave. What would be value of Will Langford and what are chances of another club securing his services?

This year will see lots of free agency speculation which includes Sloane, Danger and Langford

Will Langford hasnt signed on yet, but could be number of reasons & doesnt mean wanting to leave. What would be value of Will Langford and what are chances of another club securing his services?
hard to see him leave a top class team like the hawks. probably wants to wait until the end of the season to because he thinks he will be worth more then

hard to see him leave a top class team like the hawks. probably wants to wait until the end of the season to because he thinks he will be worth more then

I can see a busy time for his player agent, but if Will is happy likely to stay but never know

What would be value of Will Langford and what are chances of another club securing his services?

not turn this into a typical shitfight but seriously, this kid has to be the most overrated youngster in the entire competition at the minute.
Efficiency-wise, he was the worst user of the footy in the Hawthorn side. He's very solid defensively, get him around the stoppages and his tackling, harassment, clearance work is very good but once Hawthorn drop off, or fade away over the next couple of years, he'll be called upon to do a lot more than just negating opposition players. That is where teams will expose him because realistically, he's not going to be improving his skills going on 23 yrs having started later than a lot of others.
Half his goals were some of the most flukiest goals you can imagine too. Look at the two goals in the grand final which were pulled out of his arse so chances of him replicating such similar feats when the midfield is not going to be as strong is not gonna happen.

I'd take the best offer put on the table Will because you won't be replicating your 19 touches, 4.6 clearances and 0.5 goals per game.

not turn this into a typical shitfight but seriously, this kid has to be the most overrated youngster in the entire competition at the minute.
Efficiency-wise, he was the worst user of the footy in the Hawthorn side. He's very solid defensively, get him around the stoppages and his tackling, harassment, clearance work is very good but once Hawthorn drop off, or fade away over the next couple of years, he'll be called upon to do a lot more than just negating opposition players. That is where teams will expose him because realistically, he's not going to be improving his skills going on 23 yrs having started later than a lot of others.
Half his goals were some of the most flukiest goals you can imagine too. Look at the two goals in the grand final which were pulled out of his arse so chances of him replicating such similar feats when the midfield is not going to be as strong is not gonna happen.

I'd take the best offer put on the table Will because you won't be replicating your 19 touches, 4.6 clearances and 0.5 goals per game.

He surprised me last year. He went from being a solid VFL player to holding his own in the AFL.
I don't know the ceiling of the kid, but he is a work in progress, could go either way.

If he leaves then it means that anyone can leave any club at any time. If it's his choice not Hawthorn's not to sign him up yet then it would just be him trying to get some more $$$

There is no chance Langford is going anywhere. Bleeds brown and gold. You can see how much the club and the premiership last year means to him.

10392341_10152532047376417_5762099715698254485_n.jpg

Just wonder why hasn't signed on
Still shitloads of time, he will sign.
Hawks shouldn't accept it, don't want fall into trap of bad culture

They handled Buddy situation well, hope they do the same with Langford
This situation is nothing like the Buddy situation.

Still pretty good against the Cats, in fact almost B.O.G in both the round 22 & Qualifying Final wins....I'd go so far as to say he was the difference maker in both those games....Explains a fair bit of your vitriol there Bobby!

He'll stay a Hawk much as Hawkins will stay a Cat!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no chance Langford is going anywhere. Bleeds brown and gold. You can see how much the club and the premiership last year means to him.

10392341_10152532047376417_5762099715698254485_n.jpg
I agree, although josh Kennedy also bled brown and gold.
The third brother, jeremy langford, is most likely to join the hawks as a fathere son in 2/3 years. I don't think will is going anywhere.

Of course not Bobby. :eek:

He tore Geelong a newie late in the season and then in the Final.

The kid then was sensational in the GF.

Stop talking shit.

Last edited:
I agree, although josh Kennedy also bled brown and gold.
The third brother, jeremy langford, is most likely to join the hawks as a fathere son in 2/3 years. I don't think will is going anywhere.
Kennedy wasn't getting opportunities, Langford is.

He's one of those players that you'd love on your list, but what would be required to get him from Hawthorn would be well over the odds.

Kennedy wasn't getting opportunities, Langford is.

and that's the main difference. He was pretty lucky to be kept on as long as he was and now with his brother and another on the way and now having minutes he'd be nuts to move. in my opinion Hawthorn can play the bluff game, he's going nowhere.

Of the 3 players you mentioned, only 1 is a free agent, Dangerfield

He will stay, just hope he signs sooner than later.
To everyone else who thinks he's second rate and average at best, I hope you enjoy the taste of humble pie!
Go watch the highlights of his last half of the season, tagged all the superstars and well and truly held his own as well as hitting the scoreboard consistently.
Brownlow for Will in 2015!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back