Recommitted Dylan Williams [signs til 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

21 year old melbourne boy playing game 9 but an unrestricted free agent due to port previously delisting him and moving him to rookie list

Has recently broken into the senior team and looking solid could be a good money ball free pick
Very good user of the footy and has a great spot in Ports backline surrounded by better runners than him. Would be smart to stay down back where he's playing well but I'd still like to see him up forward like in his junior days where he was a genuine match winner at times.

If anyone was to pick him up they'll be getting a good player for the future. Surprised at how good he's been defensively too.

My opinion he'd be best staying at Port.

Just don’t see him moving. Has broken into our side now. There’s just no reason for him to go elsewhere at this juncture.
Money, contract longevity and home would be a few reasons id think

Also there is a good chance he gets pushed out imo at some point this season. If he doesnt then its hard to see him leaving though

Jonas - Mckenzie - Burton
Houston - Aliir - Bergman

Then its a battle between Dwill and Farrell for last spot. They started in favour of Farrell

Also there is a good chance he gets pushed out imo at some point this season. If he doesnt then its hard to see him leaving though

Then its a battle between Dwill and Farrell for last spot. They started in favour of Farrell
Not gonna happen now.
Houston can play wing, Bergman also, and Bergman is a chance of leaving end of season. Jonas is on his farewell lap, I think Williams has already gained favour ahead of Farell so if anyone was going to drop out first it'd likely be Farell.
End of season we possibly lose Bergman and Jonas, Williams would honestly be an idiot to leave then just as he's cementing a spot.

One of Houston/Bergman has been playing wing all year. Williams hasn't played a bad game this year. He isn't going anywhere soon.

Williams has gone well past Farrell at the moment. At least in mine (and i hope the coaches) eyes.

Ill be the first to admit i would have delisted him well and truly by now.
Never thought he would go close to making it. Thought throwing him into the backlines in the SANFL was a hail marry last resort type thing.

But in these 9 games in the AFL he has well and truly proved me wrong. His decision making and disposal has been brilliant. Defends well to

I don't think it's coincidence that Port have won 7 in a row since he came into the AFL side. Really clean user of the footy and doesn't panic. Port would be very keen to retain him you'd think.

Ill be the first to admit i would have delisted him well and truly by now.
Never thought he would go close to making it. Thought throwing him into the backlines in the SANFL was a hail marry last resort type thing.

But in these 9 games in the AFL he has well and truly proved me wrong. His decision making and disposal has been brilliant. Defends well to
He always had the talent, just needed to build his fitness which he was able to do in the offseason with a clean run at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good player. Been watching him closely (in my SC team)

I'd assume he'll stay. Would be ludicrous to leave now after breaking into the senior team and going on a huge win streak.

That being said Metro Melbourne boys are pretty prone to homesickness and will always attract offers to come home.

I don't think it's coincidence that Port have won 7 in a row since he came into the AFL side. Really clean user of the footy and doesn't panic. Port would be very keen to retain him you'd think.
His absolute elite composure has been the biggest surprise.

He plays like a 300 game veteran who has lost a little pace but more than makes up for it with smarts.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is there actually any rumours of him moving?

He looks. Settled and happy there.
No, but there never is when this OP starts a thread. Would have about a 1 in 10 strike rate of players he starts threads about ever even being discussed in trade talks, let alone actually moving.

Last edited:
No, but there never is when this OP starts a thread. Would have about a 1 in 10 strike rate of players he starts threads about even being discussed in trade talks, let alone actually moving.
the point is to discuss out of contract players and monitor them until a decision is made or a trade request is made

Good player. Been watching him closely (in my SC team)

I'd assume he'll stay. Would be ludicrous to leave now after breaking into the senior team and going on a huge win streak.

That being said Metro Melbourne boys are pretty prone to homesickness and will always attract offers to come home.
We do pretty well retaining people at Port. He also had the option to leave when he was cut last year. Stayed around accepting he would be offered a contract as a rookie.

Youd think Port would be happy offering him 2 years right now, its just whether a Victorian side is happy to give him security for 3 years and Port arent willing to match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back