Will this season get finished or will it be null and void?

Remove this Banner Ad

What is it with Liverpool supporters and being mentally unstable? Jod looking rational compared to some in here.
Jod is an interesting one. When the crisis was being ramped up by the hour he was busy posting about transfer targets. Had me in stitches.

Zidane is rattled and is rambling uncontrollably. The rest are understandably waiting for the outcome I'd imagine.

Mate I am going to go on a rant that would make Mel Gibson's drunken bigoted sugar **** arrest seem like Play School in comparison if Leeds are denied the title the chance to win promotion and all our hard work from this season in the championship is gone to piss.

The Premier League needs Leeds and we all know it.

That’s the question isn’t it. Can you award a title if you eventually have to abort it with all the other issues left unresolved? I honestly don’t know

You gotta resolve all issues. The PL / FA have done the right thing by postponing the season indefinitely and declaring their intention to finish it.
Spurs are a big winner, whats the timeframe on Kane / Son returns? Likely to be fit by the time this season returns.

To me the first decision they've got to make is whether the season can be finished or not. You make that decision based on the community, and public health, and the economy. If Liverpool winning the league (or not) has anything at all to do with that decision they've got their priorities all wrong.

So we should see how things pan out, if the season can be completed then there isn't an issue.

If (as I expect) the season can't be completed, make that decision and then worry about league positions/promotion/relegation.

At the moment it seems that pro Liverpool types in the media/former players etc think that the season must finish come hail or shine to maintain the integrity of the league. Anti Liverpool types in the media/former players etc think the season should end to maintain the integrity of the league. It's all self interest, and I find it all a bit weird.

FWIW, if I had to guess I think the season will be cut short and Liverpool will be handed the title.

Gonna try and be as unbiased as I can be. The season should be cancelled imo. Were not gonna get another league game to may right? Nine games left. Calculate at the very earliest season won't end till a week to two weeks Into June. Then next season gets pushed back, which constantly means we an catch up.

What they decide to do with title/relegation is anyone's guess.

If it wasn't Liverpool on top I'd be in favour for a restart to the start of season and no title awarded. But, all up I think that's the fair decision. No title. Sucks for us Liverpool fans but you know what, it's just not meant to be. It really isn't. One week away and the world stops. Liverpool fans have to just suck it up and say, "we are cursed or the man upstairs doesn't want us to win the league".

I don't think we'll win the title next year. We've been up for two years now. Sucks bit it is what it is.

Also, my avatar pep screaming "2" can be used against us now. 2 games away from our first title. Or 2 failed seasons in a row, last year and this with no title.

Im done with football (title or no title) next season. Need a break. Thank God I don't actually watch many games, as if I did, and this was happening I'd be the worst behaved poster on this forum. I'd be banned from this section too.

You gotta resolve all issues. The PL / FA have done the right thing by postponing the season indefinitely and declaring their intention to finish it.
Spurs are a big winner, whats the timeframe on Kane / Son returns? Likely to be fit by the time this season returns.
Why would I care at this time if spurs were a winner in all this? I know this is a football forum so it’s slightly disingenuous to say I couldn’t care less about football at the moment, but I’m literally only taking an interest in football to take my mind off all the other s**t. And on this issue I’m trying to look at it rationally and not in a way that primarily benefits Spurs

Gonna try and be as unbiased as I can be. The season should be cancelled imo. Were not gonna get another league game to may right? Nine games left. Calculate at the very earliest season won't end till a week to two weeks Into June. Then next season gets pushed back, which constantly means we an catch up.

If it wasn't Liverpool on top I'd be in favour for a restart to the start of season and no title awarded. But, all up I think that's the fair decision. No title. Sucks for us Liverpool fans but you know what, it's just not meant to be. It really isn't. One week away and the world stops. Liverpool fans have to just suck it up and say, "we are cursed or the man upstairs doesn't want us to win the league".

I don't think we'll win the title next year. We've been up for two years now. Sucks bit it is what it is.
Lol if more Liverpool fans were like this I’m sure rival fans would probably all be rooting for you and hoping the season was completed

Why would I care at this time if spurs were a winner in all this? I know this is a football forum so it’s slightly disingenuous to say I couldn’t care less about football at the moment, but I’m literally only taking an interest in football to take my mind off all the other s**t. And on this issue I’m trying to look at it rationally and not in a way that primarily benefits Spurs

Yep, that's why it's good that the PL / FA have taken the step of postponing all football until public health & safety can be guaranteed and the season can be resumed.

Yep, that's why it's good that the PL / FA have taken the step of postponing all football until public health & safety can be guaranteed and the season can be resumed.
Yeah no one is going to deny that. It’s not going to be put on hold indefinitely though, it’s folly to suggest it will. I think if we go into June without a resumption then the likelihood is it will be scrapped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah no one is going to deny that. It’s not going to be put on hold indefinitely though, it’s folly to suggest it will. I think if we go into June without a resumption then the likelihood is it will be scrapped

We are in unchartered waters, the PL / FA will do what it takes to protect the clubs once public health & safety can be guaranteed and thats why theyve put no time limit on the season. Announce that it must be done by the end of June and you'll get a rush by the PL / FA to get the season done before it should be. Nobody should be thinking about timeframes at all at this stage - first priority public health & safety, second priority protecting the interests of all clubs.

We are in unchartered waters, the PL / FA will do what it takes to protect the clubs once public health & safety can be guaranteed and thats why theyve put no time limit on the season. Announce that it must be done by the end of June and you'll get a rush by the PL / FA to get the season done before it should be. Nobody should be thinking about timeframes at all at this stage - first priority public health & safety, second priority protecting the interests of all clubs.
No one is going to announce anything concrete, and even if they did what they say and what actually happens are often mutually exclusive.

Protection of the clubs will be paramount, and that’s why starting 20/21 as soon as they can is vital. But yes you have to factor in the consequences of not finishing 19/20 to this also. The bottom line is Zidane is no one really knows what is going to happen. But if it keeps you happy and sane thinking you know the outcome already then good for you and carry on

No one is going to announce anything concrete, and even if they did what they say and what actually happens are often mutually exclusive.

Protection of the clubs will be paramount, and that’s why starting 20/21 as soon as they can is vital. But yes you have to factor in the consequences of not finishing 19/20 to this also. The bottom line is Zidane is no one really knows what is going to happen. But if it keeps you happy and sane thinking you know the outcome already then good for you and carry on

Nobody knows the outcome, especially those saying it must be scrapped if it isnt finished before the end of June.

If your belief that it does helps you sleep at night then so be it. I'm happy to let the powers that be sort it all out, it certainly won't be an easy task. All indications are everyone is working together to ensure that the clubs are looked after and will be around for Season 20/21 whenever that may be.

maybe a distraction is what is needed to keep people with some form of hope/interest

what if it’s not deemed safe to resume playing til next JAN,Feb, or March? Scrap 2 seasons or resume this one? No-one really has concrete answers at this stage...

yeah, but Grobbelaar pissed on the goalposts...

If there is a chance of next season starting on time it should start on time. There's a lot of talk about delaying next season, cancelling cups and the like but I think that wouldn't be a great thing. Why disrupt two seasons (with all the associated costs/loss of revenue) when you could disrupt one.

If this is going to drag into next season anyway, there might be some way of extending this season and just play out the one season over two years. Would be a bit of a weird one, but I think you're going to get something a bit odd regardless. Reckon any side just outside the bottom 4 will be getting their lawyers ready for a fight if the league extends the league beyond a deadline that's in the leagues own rules.

If there is a chance of next season starting on time it should start on time. There's a lot of talk about delaying next season, cancelling cups and the like but I think that wouldn't be a great thing. Why disrupt two seasons (with all the associated costs/loss of revenue) when you could disrupt one.

If this is going to drag into next season anyway, there might be some way of extending this season and just play out the one season over two years. Would be a bit of a weird one, but I think you're going to get something a bit odd regardless. Reckon any side just outside the bottom 4 will be getting their lawyers ready for a fight if the league extends the league beyond a deadline that's in the leagues own rules.

All good points. I reckon playing the season out over 2 years is a good idea, has been brought up before.

It all depends on how long it takes to complete the season. Finish by late June / early July and 20/21 shouldn't be affected too much. Late July / early August would see the need to delay next season.

Lol you sad it would be a good thing if the FA would suspend the league over 2 years, clearly a troll that no sensible person would entertain.

Never said suspend the league over 2 years at all. Perhaps try reading the discussion with moomba before pressing the reply button.

Has anyone suggested playing the last 9 games and they count to both seasons?

Ie. the last 9 games of the 19/20 season are completed and these become the first 9 games of the 20/21 season as well.

It would magically pick up the missing 12 weeks or whatever it is going to be.

Has anyone suggested playing the last 9 games and they count to both seasons?

Ie. the last 9 games of the 19/20 season are completed and these become the first 9 games of the 20/21 season as well.

It would magically pick up the missing 12 weeks or whatever it is going to be.
If they do finish the remaining games, the first 9 games of the next season would have different teams because relegation would be sorted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back