Will this season get finished or will it be null and void?

Remove this Banner Ad

And I bet 95 percent of Man Utd International Fans have never been to Manchester.

Fail to see what point you are making here mate, I got enough in the bank to make a trip to Yorkshire once all this COVID crap is over (even if it is a four of years)

I have made many friends with LUFC fans both from the UK here in Australia and online, I clearly remember bawling my eyes out at 2 am at Charles Dickens Tavern all those years ago when we lost the League One Playoff final to Doncaster Rovers (of all times SMH)

I have been indoctrinated into the Leeds way of life, and I don't see the need to justify myself, especially to a supporter of a pissant of a club that could only wish they could have had at least a quarter of the success and trophies Leeds have won over the years.

Hull are equal to Barnsley when it comes to the pecking order of Yorkshire clubs, and we all know it.

But they don't go on and on about how much they love their club and how their club is the best thing since sliced bread and how their support is the best. They're the casuals.

The point is I just find it a bit weird you haven't bothered to go across given how much you gush on here.

I have no idea what Hull have to do with it, but funnily enough I've been across twice to see them.

Did you at least see them when they were out here 8 months ago?

I know loads of Leeds supporters, used to work in York one day each week.

No different to supporters of any team. Some passionate, some casual.

The ones that go don't generally feel the need to justify how good/loud/passionate their supporter base.

It's not just Leeds, it's the same for most clubs whose supporters go on and on about how special they are.

I know loads of Leeds supporters, used to work in York one day each week.

No different to supporters of any team. Some passionate, some casual.

The ones that go don't generally feel the need to justify how good/loud/passionate their supporter base.

It's not just Leeds, it's the same for most clubs whose supporters go on and on about how special they are.
I’m not really sure why people have to travel to the city they support to be considered a “true fan”. Not everyone is in the fortunate position to fly to the other side of the world to watch their football team play. Some people have commitments (work, family, social, financial, etc.) holding them back. Sometimes a person’s health can restrict them from traveling as well. It doesn’t make them any less of a supporter. And in Elmer’s case, some people also fully intend on going when the time is right and are in no rush. That’s their personal choice and I don’t think anyone has the right to call them out on it.

No-one really needs to justify their support.

Work, family, health, other priorities can all affect how much you're able to commit.

If you're happy who cares if anyone think you're a "lesser" supporter.

Work, family, health, other priorities can all affect how much you're able to commit.

The only fans who are not true football fans are those who change teams if their original team gets relegated (known a few sadly over time who switched from Leeds after when we went down in 2004)

Got no time for those asshats, other than that each to their own, speaking as an Aussie based British Football Fan I sadly started Following Leeds the first year after we won the last Division One Title (season 92-93), I started watching highlights of English Football (rebranded as the Premier League) and started playing junior soccer at the time, and everyone else on my team followed an English club but me, but given Garry McAllister was my favourite player at the time, I settled on Leeds.

There has been more bad times than good since then (esp in the last 15 years) but if I had my time over and knowing what I know now back then, I still wouldn't change a thing..

I do tend to get a bit OTT and gushing, if not obnoxious at times about Leeds, i should try cut that back a bit.

My biggest regret is that I didn't really get to see Cantona play in Leeds Colours, to this day, even with our all utensil ups in the Risdale years and beyond, selling Cantona was the biggest mistake LUFC ever made.

I’m not really sure why people have to travel to the city they support to be considered a “true fan”. Not everyone is in the fortunate position to fly to the other side of the world to watch their football team play. Some people have commitments (work, family, social, financial, etc.) holding them back. Sometimes a person’s health can restrict them from traveling as well. It doesn’t make them any less of a supporter. And in Elmer’s case, some people also fully intend on going when the time is right and are in no rush. That’s their personal choice and I don’t think anyone has the right to call them out on it.
Entirely agree with that. It’s a bit of an elitist view to suggest only those who actually attend matches are true fans - particularly when you are talking about people who live on the other side of the world. Plus everyone’s circumstances differ. You can’t fault Elmer Judd in lacking any genuine passion and pride for his club. Quite odd to call it into question in fact

If this is aimed at me this isn't quite what I was trying to suggest, more that if Elmer wants to carry on as if he's been 'indoctrinated in the Leeds way' and that Leeds have this amazing passionate glorious supporter base etc. etc. I found it surprising he'd never made it over to see a club that he loves so much. I didn't indicate mean to indicate that made him less of a fan.

Last edited:

Yes, reading back my wording I should apologise to Elmer if that's how my posts came across. I just find his gushing about Leeds quite tiring as if his support for his club is somehow better than everyone else's. I was actually trying to convey exactly your point but worded it quite poorly. Supporters of West Ham/Bournemouth/Newcastle/etc. who live in Australia don't love their clubs any less than he loves Leeds.

Anyone who gets up in the middle of the night to watch a team from the other side of the world play can call them selves a true fan in my books. Not sure anyone on this site can be called out for their passionfor their team.

If this is aimed at me this isn't quite what I was trying to suggest, more that if Elmer wants to carry on as if he's been 'indoctrinated in the Leeds way' and that Leeds have this amazing passionate glorious supporter base etc. etc. I found it surprising he'd never made it over to see a club that he loves so much. I didn't indicate that made him less of a fan.
“If so I'm a bit confused as to why he hasn't seen them play if he loves them so much”. Certainly sounds like you’re questioning his love for the club because he hasn’t seen them play.

“I just find it a bit weird you haven't bothered to go across given how much you gush on here”. For a lot of people, it’s not a case of can’t be “bothered”, it’s because they’re not in a position to dedicate the time to go.

I was actually trying to convey exactly your point but worded it quite poorly.
Indeed.

“If so I'm a bit confused as to why he hasn't seen them play if he loves them so much”. Certainly sounds like you’re questioning his love for the club because he hasn’t seen them play.

“I just find it a bit weird you haven't bothered to go across given how much you gush on here”. For a lot of people, it’s not a case of can’t be “bothered”, it’s because they’re not in a position to dedicate the time to go.

Indeed.

I think the way he's carrying on about how his support for his team is so superior to ours and we just wouldn't understand it because we don't support such a magical club like Leeds, it's ok to be curious about whether he's ever tried to watch them play live. I think he even said he doesn't have iFollow and only watches the games on Bein Sports. Which again is fine, but I think he shouldn't be so sneery towards others about their support for their clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who gets up in the middle of the night to watch a team from the other side of the world play can call them selves a true fan in my books. Not sure anyone on this site can be called out for their passionfor their team.

Quite right, so perhaps Elmer shouldn't call others out for not having the same passion for their clubs as he supposedly does for Leeds.

That post you "Boomed" was a post putting down my support of Hull because I support such a tiny club.

I think the way he's carrying on about how his support for his team is so superior to ours and we just wouldn't understand it because we don't support such a magical club like Leeds, it's ok to be curious about whether he's ever tried to watch them play live. I think he even said he doesn't have iFollow and only watches the games on Bein Sports. Which again is fine, but I think he shouldn't be so sneery towards others about their support for their clubs.
I don’t care for your excuses. You’ve already admitted you worded it poorly and that you should apologise to him. Time to move on.

I don’t care for your excuses. You’ve already admitted you worded it poorly and that you should apologise to him. Time to move on.

Yep you're right, it was poorly worded and everyone should be allowed to support their club how they want. Leeds are no better or worse than any other club to support.

I don’t think any team can be taken to your heart the way Tottenham can. I actually feel sorry for all you others who chose to support another club. In fact Tottenham are the only club that you don’t choose to support, because the club selects you. There’s just this unwritten rule that says this is the one football club that truly means something and matters, and the rest are pale imitators.

Yep you're right, it was poorly worded and everyone should be allowed to support their club how they want. Leeds are no better or worse than any other club to support.
Well apologise to him then, as you’ve admitted it’s the right thing to do

Quite right, so perhaps Elmer shouldn't call others out for not having the same passion for their clubs as he supposedly does for Leeds.

That post you "Boomed" was a post putting down my support of Hull because I support such a tiny club.
The whole post was dodgy mate. Nothing wrong with supporting tiny clubs that dont win much.

We are all super fans on here supporting in our eyes the best teams in the world.

The whole post was dodgy mate. Nothing wrong with supporting tiny clubs that dont win much.

We are all super fans on here supporting in our eyes the best teams in the world.

Ok, misinterpreted your 'Boom' post then, sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back