With No Crowd Allowed, can we bring back Suburban Football. Bring back Home Ground Advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think people realise just how tiny grounds like vic park and windy hill are.
It would be farcical watching players repeatedly dob goals from well inside the centre square. And glenferrie...fmd you could almost drill them from half back!

Vic Park is a decent size, but it's s**t and the wind is horrible

As soon as Gill realises he will have no excuse but to give Geelong a home final he will cure the coronavirus himself.
I don't mind the idea of home ground advantage. (Richmond lost ours decades ago, Geelong's the only Victorian club that gets a genuine home ground advantage) But Geelings asymmetrical ground is just not up to AFL standard. It's not up to D grade amateur standard for that matter. The only reason Geelong gets to play almost all of it's home games there is because the AFL realise that Cat's fans are the most fickle in the league, and if they don't manufacture finals appearances for them almost every year, the club will quickly fold.
I find it amusing that Geelong supporters get more unsporting advantages than any other club in the AFL (except arguably West Coast) Yet they're the biggest pack of infernal whingers in any sport in Australia.

I don't mind the idea of home ground advantage. (Richmond lost ours decades ago, Geelong's the only Victorian club that gets a genuine home ground advantage) But Geelings asymmetrical ground is just not up to AFL standard. It's not up to D grade amateur standard for that matter. The only reason Geelong gets to play almost all of it's home games there is because the AFL realise that Cat's fans are the most fickle in the league, and if they don't manufacture finals appearances for them almost every year, the club will quickly fold.
I find it amusing that Geelong supporters get more unsporting advantages than any other club in the AFL (except arguably West Coast) Yet they're the biggest pack of infernal whingers in any sport in Australia.
What are the other "unsporting advantages" Geelong supposedly gets? We get less games at our home ground than any club in the AFL....now that's a huge advantage, isn't it?

It makes me smile when I read tripe like that. I know you are trolling. But fact is Geelong stuck to its guns when the AFL tried to force the club to make Docklands its home ground.

I'm not sure why Richmond supporter would have any concerns about the symmetry of the oval at GMHBA. Your team has only played on the ground once in, what, 25 years?

What are the other "unsporting advantages" Geelong supposedly gets? We get less games at our home ground than any club in the AFL....now that's a huge advantage, isn't it?

It makes me smile when I read tripe like that. I know you are trolling. But fact is Geelong stuck to its guns when the AFL tried to force the club to make Docklands its home ground.

I'm not sure why Richmond supporter would have any concerns about the symmetry of the oval at GMHBA. Your team has only played on the ground once in, what, 25 years?
You're the only Victorian club with any genuine home ground advantage. Not only that, the ground is so lopsided as to make games played there ridiculous. You get to train on your home ground. I don't think any other Victorian Club does. When you play at home you offer only single tickets to opposition supporters so families can't sit together etc. Then you supporters spit and punch and kick and vandalise cars of opposition supporters. Yet you howl in terrified outrage when you go to the G and a 10 year old yells in support of his club. You're one of the most protected teams in the AFL when it comes to umpires and the tribunal (See Sellwoods ducks and Abletts repeated assaults of opposition well off the ball) You don't get rules specifically designed to "bring you back to the field" like Richmond does, designed by a Geelong driven AFL mafia. And when they brought them in, they gave Geelong a leg up of what the rules changes were so you could start training them before anyone else.
In short, you get pretty much all of the advantages of an interstate club and all the advantages of a Victorian club, and more, yet still infernally whinge that you're too inferior to compete without even more. You've got the winiest coach, president and supporters in Australian sporting history. You are a laughing stock. No wonder you're called the Handbaggers.

Last edited:
Actually, we've played there more times this century than Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn and Essendon combined. But please don't let basic facts get in the way of your irrational feelings of victimisation.

You're the only Victorian club with any genuine home ground advantage. Not only that, the ground is so lopsided as to make games played there ridiculous. You get to train on your home ground. I don't think any other Victorian Club does. When you play at home you offer only single tickets to opposition supporters so families can't sit together etc. Then you supporters spit and punch and kick and vandalise cars of opposition supporters. Yet you howl in terrified outrage when you go to the G and a 10 year old yells in support of his club. You're one of the most protected teams in the AFL when it comes to umpires and the tribunal (See Sellwoods ducks and Abletts repeated assaults of opposition well off the ball) You don't get rules specifically designed to "bring you back to the field" like Richmond does, designed by a Geelong driven AFL mafia. And when they brought them in, they gave Geelong a leg up of what the rules changes were so you could start training them before anyone else.
In short, you get pretty much all of the advantages of an interstate club and all the advantages of a Victorian club, and more, yet still infernally whinge that you're too inferior to compete without even more. You've got the winiest coach, president and supporters in Australian sporting history. You are a laughing stock. No wonder you're called the Handbaggers.
LOL, garbage as I suspected......at least Cats supporters wouldn’t dump manure at the steps of the club

LOL, garbage as I suspected......at least Cats supporters wouldn’t dump manure at the steps of the club
True. Richmond supporters troll the club. Geelong club trolls its supporters. They gave Chris Scott a contract extension until the end of 2022. And I believe on some of the biggest dollars in the AFL. That's another 3 whole seasons :D

I wonder how his players feel about his constant whinging that they don't have the character to compete outside of Geelong in finals? Seems to have become a self fulfilling prophesy.

On the plus side Richmond fans can still attend despite the lock out given there was no restrictions on pets gathered in 1 location.

That's Hawthorn, have you lot fallen so far you can't even keep your club insults straight?

Since there are going to be no spectators allow to watch AFL, maybe the AFL can play games at Suburban Grounds. One's that are up to AFL standard of course.

Carlton can play at Princess Park.
Bring the Pies back to Victoria Park.
Let the Hawks play again at Waverly Park.

It will look so much better than playing at an empty MCG or Marvel. It will actually give home teams an advantage. And to us spectators at home, it will give us something to look forward to.

Plus it would probably save the AFL and Clubs Money.
Jesus H, expected something humorous after seeing the title but now realise your *ing serious.
You don't have much of a grasp on the whole no crowd lock out thing or your just thick as.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, why is it always Richmond supporters that have an issue with GMHBA? These two posts look alot like 368 words of infernal whinging to me... Just sit down, throw on the granny and enjoy your recent success.

When's the last time you actually attended a game in Geelong and saw all this spitting, punching, kicking and vandalism you say occurs??

The only reason we play home games in Geelong is becasue, well.... it's our home ground, and we fought hard to keep it. Yet we're forced by the AFL (who you say we're in bed with) into playing home games and home finals at our opponents home ground!

And there is no way on gods green earth that Colin Carter is more annoying than Eddie or Jeff, laughable.

Since there are going to be no spectators allow to watch AFL, maybe the AFL can play games at Suburban Grounds. One's that are up to AFL standard of course.

Carlton can play at Princess Park.
Bring the Pies back to Victoria Park.
Let the Hawks play again at Waverly Park.

It will look so much better than playing at an empty MCG or Marvel. It will actually give home teams an advantage. And to us spectators at home, it will give us something to look forward to.

Plus it would probably save the AFL and Clubs Money.
Excjse my ignorance, but isn't 99.9% of the 'home ground advantage' actually due to a large parochial crowd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back