Current Trial Wonnangatta - Murders of Russell Hill & Carol Clay *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

Disappearance of Barwon Prison Boss David Prideaux - High Country Mount Stirling
Hit and Run Death of Bryce Airs - High Country Jamieson

Israel Keyes

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
Also the stealthiest route out would have been south for the suspected culprit but that would involve a climb up Zeka Spur with a trailer on which isn't really possible from what I can recall of my last time there (super steep, switchbacks etc).
I just watched the 60mins report and they said the cameras were on the Great Alpine Rd...I too was thinking about Zeka being the stealthy option and in the condition of the track it wouldn't have been a problem for a small trailer, assuming the driver was competent and confident. I spoke to a bloke on the 20th that was driving his large camper trailer down Zeka on the 21st, we ended up touching base later and he saw the burnt campsite.
I'm assuming the Hotham Route was more about getting homeward bound (north-east Vic?), with the blocked track being the fastest route to get there. Going up Zeka and across King Billy Tk is a looooong drive.

I just watched the 60mins report and they said the cameras were on the Great Alpine Rd...I too was thinking about Zeka being the stealthy option and in the condition of the track it wouldn't have been a problem for a small trailer, assuming the driver was competent and confident. I spoke to a bloke on the 20th that was driving his large camper trailer down Zeka on the 21st, we ended up touching base later and he saw the burnt campsite.
I'm assuming the Hotham Route was more about getting homeward bound (north-east Vic?), with the blocked track being the fastest route to get there. Going up Zeka and across King Billy Tk is a looooong drive.

If you're familiar with that territory, can you say you've heard of any opportunistic thieving around campsites? Any cautions not to leave all your gear unattended for too long?

It is a suspicious looking trailer though, not stacked up with enough stuff to make it look worthwhile dragging along, and doesn't look obviously like a camper trailer.
Also makes me think there would be more than one person to need a trailer.

If you're familiar with that territory, can you say you've heard of any opportunistic thieving around campsites? Any cautions not to leave all your gear unattended for too long?
It's always a concern in "popular" spots. A mate had his gazebo and table stolen from Howitt Rd not too long ago, and there was a notorious case a few years ago of a Traralgon local that would do epic expeditions of major campsites stealing along the way, cops busted him with a garage full of goods after a fishing reels serial number ran a red flag. His crime even paid for a brand new Hilux (which was confiscated).
The Howitt to Gatta area is supsrisingly popular these days and unfortunately that means you inevitably get dirt bags moving through too, but because of these I generally feel pretty safe up there as even mid week you don't go to far before running into other people, most of whom seem to br normal non-murdering types

Also even if they are, most dealers would probably sooner take the chance a couple of old codgers aren't gonna rat them out to police over murder.

I mean you make an old couple disappear and torch their campsite and suddenly you have police, forensics and search & rescue crawling all over the place. If an old couple accidentally stumbled upon a crop when they weren't looking for anything, you can be damn sure people doing a thorough search will find it.

Generally if you're trying to not get caught doing one illegal thing you avoid doing other illegal things
Exactly also not really an ideal location to grow dope, police would have found any drug crop also in their search for the couple.. police seem very confident they know who did it, just need concrete proof Im tipping

If they do track the Patrol driver down eventually they will need more than just him being in the area to charge him. Evidence could be a real issue and what if the driver just denies any involvement?
Great point, no evidence/bodies no crime? Probably why they waited so long to give up the car details, they would have known for sometime, just need proof.
If the car crossed Hotham wouldn't there be mobile phone tower pings to look at? Photo would be timestamped

Great point, no evidence/bodies no crime? Probably why they waited so long to give up the car details, they would have known for sometime, just need proof.
If the car crossed Hotham wouldn't there be mobile phone tower pings to look at? Photo would be timestamped
Might just need confirmation, patrol guy tells a mate he is camping in that area on those dates, has probably denied being there might just need confirmation from somebody else.. limited phone coverage hasn’t helped the case Im tipping..
think police know who it is.. probably hoping he talks on his bugged telephone

I wondered the same thing. It looked possible that with some computer forensics you'd be able to enhance the image & get the plate number.

I don't get why they didn't release this earlier? Did they say why & I missed it?

A distinctive vehicle like that, someone could well remember seeing. But ask them 18 months later what the occupant/s looked like, and unlikely anyone would remember.

I know the vehicle is the big and most important aspect, but a little weird that the sketch they release of the trailer has a soft top canvas/tarp, compared to the actual photo which a hard top/solid structure on top of it. Or am I seeing things?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe someone here can tell if its petrol or diesel and rule it out. Or if the year model is too late etc. But from what i saw last night on 60 mins i saw this and had to double back.

Maybe someone here can tell if its petrol or diesel and rule it out. Or if the year model is too late etc. But from what i saw last night on 60 mins i saw this and had to double back.

Its a petrol!

U can see the ST4500 or ST4800 decal on both rear quarter panels.

The GU / Y61 series Patrols came out wirh both 4.5L & 4.8L petrol engines from '97 onwards!

So its definitely a mid to late 90s petrol Patrol!

This is insane!

I see a seagull in the picture, somewhere not too far from the coast.

Can assume that the coppers are running the owners mobile phone data against mobile phones registered in the area on the Friday night of the disappearance.

Its a petrol!

U can see the ST4500 or ST4800 decal on both rear quarter panels.

The GU / Y61 series Patrols came out wirh both 4.5L & 4.8L petrol engines from '97 onwards!

So its definitely a mid to late 90s petrol Patrol!

This is insane!

I see a seagull in the picture, somewhere not too far from the coast.

Can assume that the coppers are running the owners mobile phone data against mobile phones registered in the area on the Friday night of the disappearance.
I gave them the number plate when i rang.
I won"t say the exact suburb but its around the western port bay area. I dont think location really matters as people travel from all places to camp etc.

I won"t say the exact suburb but its around the western port bay area. I dont think location really matters as people travel from all places to camp etc.

You may have just cracked the case.

Comparing both vehicles in each photo the awning seems to be in the same place on the LHS.

You may have just cracked the case.

Comparing both vehicles in each photo the awning seems to be in the same place on the LHS.
Im just glad to know i didnt report the wrong type of car. When i saw it i knew it matched what i had seen last night. So its good to have it confirmed about the petrol. Are those racks after market or did all patrols come with them. Are they a nissan rack ? Because surely there cant be heaps of patrols in the year bracket, that colour, have the exact rack, a snorkel, same tyres, raised suspension etc just like the one in the pic. Anyway even if they can rule that one out then it helps.

Just saying, I don't know much about cars but it does have a towball that looks a bit worn ... you didn't happen to notice a trailer did you?

Very exiciting!

Im just glad to know i didnt report the wrong type of car. When i saw it i knew it matched what i had seen last night. So its good to have it confirmed about the petrol. Are those racks after market or did all patrols come with them. Are they a nissan rack ? Because surely there cant be heaps of patrols in the year bracket, that colour, have the exact rack, a snorkel, same tyres, raised suspension etc just like the one in the pic. Anyway even if they can rule that one out then it helps.

Majority of old school Patrols have one of those racks on them as they are popular with the camping fraternity.

Will be aftermarket for sure. Im trying to find anything on the RHS of the vehicle that stands out in both photos.

Did you happen to get a look at the type of bullbar it has?
Also the patrol in question had a couple stickers this one doesn't, rear window and rear quarter drivers side.

Back