Current Trial Wonnangatta - Murders of Russell Hill & Carol Clay *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

Disappearance of Barwon Prison Boss David Prideaux - High Country Mount Stirling
Hit and Run Death of Bryce Airs - High Country Jamieson

Israel Keyes

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
His story appears a crock of s**t but he is entitled to presumption of.innocence and due process.
Forensics on the mirror key. Would be able to tell bullet trajectory and based on shooting stance and his height and Carol's height whether a ricochet is possible.
Prosecution will also try and put holes in his timeline (speed cameras and route to try disprove his story)
Had no choice to speak to the cops as was caught red handed. Spinning an early story gives best chance.
He is going to have to testify imo
No way round it. The prosecution will have time dates position remains. Even be able to extrapolate how close a shot would be to leave fragments.
He'll have to get up and hope his story sticks under cross
Yeah, if it's a shotgun, you'd think it would just blow the mirror off - buckshot wouldn't ricochet you wouldn't think
and certainly not enough to cause a fatality. Just my 2 cents worth. Doesn't sound right.

Yeah, if it's a shotgun, you'd think it would just blow the mirror off - buckshot wouldn't ricochet you wouldn't think
and certainly not enough to cause a fatality. Just my 2 cents worth. Doesn't sound right.

Would depend on range etc. I'm sure if it could be debunked the prosecution has done so with ballistics / forensics. There does definitely appear to be damage from a shotgun to the mirror.

That's a good point but this doesn't explain the shotgun damage to the mirror which appears definitely to be there.

At this stage I'm not sure there is shotgun damage to the mirror, only that he either took it with him or he threw it in the fire.

At this stage I'm not sure there is shotgun damage to the mirror, only that he either took it with him or he threw it in the fire.

It looks like half of it is blown off in the photo. Would GL's defense claim the mirror is involved if it could be proven the mirror wasn't damaged by a shotgun bullet? Doubtful.

More to this it appears the prosecution also believe that the mirror was damaged by a shotgun but unlike the defense they believe it happened after it killed CC.

So it does appear both parties believe the mirror is involved.

It looks like half of it is blown off in the photo. Would GL's defense claim the mirror is involved if it could be proven the mirror wasn't damaged by a shotgun bullet? Doubtful.

More to this it appears the prosecution also believe that the mirror was damaged by a shotgun but unlike the defense they believe it happened after it killed CC.

So it does appear both parties believe the mirror is involved.

Yer, I dunno. No spatter or scatter on the bonnet or side door area?

Maybe if he used a solid slug in his shotgun possible but I'm not seeing buckshot or pellets in this. We might find out soon.

That's a good point but this doesn't explain the shotgun damage to the mirror which appears definitely to be there.
Exactly. It’s a hole in Lynn’s story which does not add up. The mirror seems to be intact and hanging from the images of the crime scene. A shot to the mirror would have completely blown it away to pieces.

Exactly. It’s a hole in Lynn’s story which does not add up. The mirror seems to be intact and hanging from the images of the crime scene. A shot to the mirror would have completely blown it away to pieces.

The prosecution also believe the mirror is involved but after exiting CC. It seems that it definitely is involved otherwise the prosecution wouldn't be putting it forward.

I see ballistics as being vital here.

This is what will do him.in i reckon. How can a bullet ricochet up? Unless they were on the ground wrestling? Even than it would shoot off on an angle and change trajectory. But to reach her head. The mirror would take impact mostly. Ballistics key. Forensics key

This is what will do him.in i reckon. How can a bullet ricochet up? Unless they were on the ground wrestling? Even than it would shoot off on an angle and change trajectory. But to reach her head. The mirror would take impact mostly. Ballistics key. Forensics key

And for what is essentially, a perfectly centered head shot. One might even wonder if he was using a night vision scope.

Did they? I'll have to read the article again. I thought the defense story was RH took the gun from GL's vehicle, discharged it into the air and took it back to his campsite. GL then claimed to approach RH to take the gun back off him, an alleged struggled ensued at RH/CC's campsite followed by the alleged weapon being discharged / claimed ricohet killing CC instantly.

My reading is GL then claimed he fired the last round in the chamber into the air, went back to his car and put the weapon away to be confronted by RH in a rage coming at him with a knife.

To me, the defense is agreeing with the fact that CC was killed by a shotgun bullet at their campsite. Prosecution also agrees, they differ on when it happened. Defence saying it happened first, prosecution saying it happened after RH's death for which they have as yet to offer a theory on how he was killed.
Actually all I know is he's saying Hill took the gun from his vehicle? Then Hill shot it in the air. Then the struggle took place. We know it took place at the Hill's campsite which would mean Hill took the gun from Lynn's and took it back to his campsite? Strange? No sense to me.

Actually all I know is he's saying Hill took the gun from his vehicle? Then Hill shot it in the air. Then the struggle took place. We know it took place at the Hill's campsite which would mean Hill took the gun from Lynn's and took it back to his campsite? Strange? No sense to me.
I think this argument is about as believable as the argument from Justin Stein regarding the murder of the 10 year old girl.
Of the 2 cases, I think their is some chance Stein is able to get charges reduced.

Last edited:

Perhaps. Personally I don't see why the mirror would be damaged at all in a scenario where GL shoots CC on purpose unless CC was right next to it when shot. You would imagine in that scenario there would be substantial blood spatter evidence all over RH's vehicle even if it were wiped away by GL after the fact (traces of blood is very difficult to remove completely)/ Maybe that's what the prosecution has up its sleeve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps. Personally I don't see why the mirror would be damaged at all in a scenario where GL shoots CC on purpose unless CC was right next to it when shot. You would imagine in that scenario there would be substantial blood spatter evidence all over RH's vehicle even if it were wiped away by GL after the fact (traces of blood is very difficult to remove completely)/ Maybe that's what the prosecution has up its sleeve.
Chased her and first shot missed?

A shot gun is a generic term for an unrifled firearm. Whilst comman useage refers to ammunition loaded with shot used for game birds, it also can be loaded with a solid ammunition.

As it is not rifled it as not as accurate or has the same range as rifled ammunition and requires more stalking and hunting skills to get a clean kill.

From the Game Management Authority website:

A minimum bore of 20 and a maximum bore of 12, using a single solid projectile with a minimum weight of 245 grains (15.88 grams); SG’s (buck shot) must not be used. The firearm must be fitted with a front and rear iron sight (other than a beaded sight or sights), a telescopic sight, or a reflex sight

In other words a bloody great big lump of solid lead that could easily remove a mirror or blow a head apart at close range

Now, whether it can be deflected by a mirror compoased of glass, plastic and light steel is another different question which the prosecution will probably lead into evidence

The mirror was removed either from the shot or deliberately to destroy evidence, the photo posted previously is deceptive as 79s have a chunky dash/airvent and the photo angle and shadow makes the interior appear to be the mirror.
Better angle
3040c1aad87697ef7dd3655a786499784099b0b9.jpeg

And the vehicle back home, you can see the mirror on the driver's side and how much they protrude along
27402436-8235585-image-a-1_1587356899087.jpg

A solid slug would 100% go through a mirror and still be lethal without much deflection, check out YouTube channel Taofledermaus which is dedicated to testing the ballistics of shotgun slugs if you want to see what they can do

todays reporting;

"The court also heard today from a friend of Russell Hill, who spoke with Mr Hill on the night of his alleged murder via long distance radio.

Michael Allan, a retired research assistant and radio enthusiast, told the courtroom how he and a fellow group of radio enthusiasts would speak via radio most evenings at around 6pm, including on the evening that Mr Hill was allegedly murdered.

Mr Allan told the court that on that day, Mr Hill's demeanour was "like normal, nothing seemed to be untoward".

"We just generally spoke about how lovely it was to be in the Wonnangatta Valley and just general talked about the day's activities," he said."

read further about witnesses to previous camping trips of Russell Hills.

Last edited:
“Loving and caring relationship” - not exactly music to Mrs Hill’s ears 😟

Labelling someone as grumpy and bad-tempered on passing acquaintance isn’t very fair and doesn’t mean anything in this case. People make all sorts of off-the-cuff remarks. The defence is - again - trying to colour Hill as a likely instigator of the shooting. IMO.

Chris Dawson was convicted on balance of probabilities. No body, no proof.
One of the main deciding factors in the Dawson case was they caught him out on continues lies. In fact his appeal is on now and they have more evidence on him lying as we speak. The judge said I can only draw one conclusion based on the evidence and his lies and that was you murdered your wife. Don't think his appeal will free him personally but lets wait and see. No body at all in the Dawson case.

Back